Original bit of a moan

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
One of the reasons that i want to loose the weight in a specific time is because it is my sister in laws wedding on September 4th and i have a lovely dress in a size 14 to wear. i can get it on but cant get the zip up and the lumps and bumps are horrendous at the moment.
i told my sil that i had joined back up to sw thinking that she might come (very overweight) and all she said, is "how many times are you joining". To be honest if i wanted to join and leave 5 times a year then its up to me. and for the record this is the second time that i have joined SW since i moved to eastbourne 6 years ago and the only reason why i left before is because hubby was at footie and i would have had to drag a 4 and 7 year old with me.
GRRR

Sounds like you are getting a bit of jealousy from your SIL!! Although it is really annoying; I completely understand, you just need to try and think about it as you have the confidence to go out and do something about your weight...she doesn't..and she bitter because she hasn't the effort/motivation/care to go and do it.

I have left and joined SW 3 times over the last 5 years. You have to mentally there and if you aren't then that will show in your commitment to the plan and the changes that you make. I can't even remember how much I lost the first or second time.. maybe 3/5lbs... I have now lost 2stone and I am going to go the full slog, now my mentality is different.. I want to do it. That's all you need to think about the reasons why you are doing it, not worry about her.. and also think that by that time you could be able to get into the dress, do it up and then need it taken in! That would really show her! x x

Just wait till she sees you in your hot dress and she will regret saying that :)

Hmm, sounds like a touch of the green eyed monster, for sure and probably low self esteem too. Good on you for getting back on it and wish you lots of luck, its a good plan,you can eat loads, just need to stick to the same plan all day and the lb's will be falling off and that zip on that dress.. will be done up too. x

thanks for your encouragement. i feel mentally there in the zone but i dont want to jinx myself. hopefully i will get there.

You can do it!!

Like others have said, it does sound like a bit of jelousey!!

Good luck on your journey!!! (I'm waving from just down the road in Newhaven!!! :) )

(waving back to Camille) I am going to Brighton on Saturday, my first time since moving here which will be 6 years in June. I am so excited. It's my middle son's 8th birthday and he wants to go to the Lego shop and Liam (my youngest) wants to go to "Build a Bear" (which i secretly want to go to too).

x

You have made a positive decision about your future. Unfortunately this decision will make other many people feel self-concious if they have a weight problem, because in a way you are highlighting their inability to take action.

Pay no attention- unfortunately this won't be the last of the backhanded remarks you get from 'friends' and relatives- I have had these constantly since day 1, but now just smile smugly and walk away, because I know that these comments only highlight the other person's insecurities.

One word................jealous
x

At least you are still trying, looks like she has given up. Don't let other peoples remarks bring you down, just get on with it and show em what you're made of.

**hugs**
Cobweb xx

Weddings are marvolous motivators aren't they... I wish i could put an pic or link up at moment just to show you how I looked at my brother's wedding in August 2008 compared to the other brother's wedding in August 2009 - having (at that time) lost 8st.

Along the way - i know i had my doubters - mainly at work, as to how long i'd manage to stay on plan, etc. I just ignored them. I wanted to do this for me. I wasn't going to ruin another set of wedding pictures.

Actually getting to the second wedding - that started a whole new journey - it was at the wedding that i realised food optimising was the way forward to me for the rest of my life (hopefully).

So without a wedding or two - i'd be goodness knows what size. Instead - i'm now happily a "normal" (aka high street) size.

Good luck with it all. Hope you get there.

Back