Bit of advice required please

lotty28

Silver Member
Morning all. To give a bit of history I used to go to a SW group and over the course of a year I got to target losing 3.5st. I got so tired of the group and stopped going. I started to go back to my old ways and have put nearly all of this weight back on. I had a problem with my old group it had someone I know who went and still does and I felt a lot of pressure from her which put me off track. The consultant was brilliant. I have since tried other groups and I just can't get into it and the consultants just are not the same, never reply to texts or anything.

I just don't know whether to go back to my old group where that person is and it's a late class so will have to take my 4 year old. Or do it myself. I do know the plan inside out. I never liked the clickiness. So not sure what to do. Create a diary on here or something and do it myself? What you all think? I really need to do something though as my weight is rapidly increasing.
Xx

I think its hard for anyone else to answer this. If you think you need the group support and it's just this one person putting you off then try and get past it. If you think you can do it from home then there are obvious benefits to be had there too. Really the decision is, has the reason you left originally gone? If not then you may be setting yourself up for failure, at least in the group sense because that automatically gives you something to blame when things go wrong. Personally I do it from home, I pay the at home fee and use the app (I know this isn't popular due to the cost:benefit ratio but having it all on my phone is what enables me to succeed) and having that and minimins at my iphone fingertips is like a 24hour group session anyway. Plus you set it to a time that suits you ie weigh in early morning etc etc

You could join a weigh day group on here and/or a monthly challenge. The only thing you don't get is a possible basket of other people fruit ;)

Yes that's right and if you have an iphone (or I presume an android?) you can download it as a sort of app. I say that because technically its a link to the online function on your homepage but functions like and looks like an app. A lot of people think its too expensive for what you get as apparently it's the same cost as a group. Consequently many people choose to go it alone or get packs off places like eBay. I just like the tech, it keeps me focused.

If you try at home and it doesn't work then re-evaluate but use this forum for all its worth. I couldn't do it without it!!! There is always someone to ask a question of or have a moan too.

I also got tired of going to group. I have been doing it from home for over a year now and have managed to keep all the weight off plus lose a good few more lbs.

I find it helps if you clear the cupboards out so that the house is junk free and don't buy any junk food when shopping. Except maybe for what you have saved for your syns each day. Because believe me we all need a little treat at the end of the day :)

You can find most syn values by just doing a Google search or searching on here.

Good luck x

Oh thats a shame that you felt that way about the group and one person in particular. Like Opal Lil said are there other groups run by your consuttant that you could go to? Alternatively give online a group and use this forum as your support network, we are all in this together really, so happy to help anyway we can. Good luck x

When I did SW a few years back, I lost 4.5 stone and left the group before reaching target because it used to get on my nerves and wasn't inspiring. It was the usual happy clappy routine and the same loudmouths taking over. Trouble is, I just couldn't stick to the plan at home and ended up regaining everything and more. This time around, I was determined to at least get weighed at group, and managed to reach target. Now I go about twice a month, but only weigh and go. For me, it wasn't staying to group that helped me, but the accountability of having to step on those scales in public and then report back to my OH after group. He was always extremely supportive and knew how much it meant to me. I know, hand on heart, I would never have lost over 8 stone by doing the plan at home. However, we are all different and if you think you can do it, then give it a shot.

Im not one for groups either, i am doing it online. You could easily do it yourself but for me i like having my food diary at a few swipes on my phone and being able to look syns up via the app when out. Some say its expensive but then i would easily spend the same amount of money probably more on junk food etc during the month.

Back