Extra Easy Bits of advice needed for immobile slimmer!!!!

foreverpink1971

Hi, this is my first week on the slimming world plan. I had major back surgery 3 months ago so still unable to go to class. I did slimming world a few years ago so have the 2009 food directory but can't seem to find the syns for Quaker Cereal Bars - the chewee chocolate chip ones. Also does anyone know how many syns it would be to make a chilli with uncle ben's medium chilli sauce and lean mince? I'm guessing rice would be free? I did really well getting to goal previously but having been immobile although gradually improving I've gained a bit of wait I want to lose. can't do my jeans or a couple of dresses up!! Also I'm 5'3 so how many syns should I average for if I want to lose about a stone? Thanks so much for any help. Xx

Hiya, sorry to hear about your back - hope you're on the mend really soon.

The Chewee bars are 4 1/2 syns each so you're better off getting Alpen Lights as you can have two as your Healthy Extra B :)

I would recommend you pop "syns in .... " into Google and you'll generally find a thread on here which will give you the values. Uncle Ben's sauce would be quite high I think, but you can easily make a sauce yourself using a tin of chopped tomatoes and some herbs? Lean mince is also synned but extra lean is free. Plain boiled rice is definitely free.

I think most people find they have the best losses between 5-15 syns a day. I tend to average about 10 and it works for me.

Good luck with your journey xx

The 500g jar of sauce is 15.5 syns on all plans - definitely be worth making your own! Good luck with the plan though. I had a baby 3 weeks ago so I'm still not allowed to do any exercise so I'm with you on that count :)

Jarred sauces are, as people above have said, generally high in syns. There's a few recipes on here for chilli but my big tip for making home made chilli is to buy yourself a jar of ground cumin and ground coriander and add a teaspoon or more if you like it , when frying your meat, as those are the key flavours in chilli con carne :)

Back