Bittersweet moment for returner!

Catt

Silver Member
Hi everyone. I followed the LT programme last year and lost over 3 stone. I feel a bit down coming on here with the admission that I have put almost all my weight back on.

I went on Exante for a while because it was cheaper but it never worked for me and it has been an uphill struggle since. I always put things in the way like Christmas and my social life.

I must admit I do feel extremely sad that I cannot control my food intake. I am usually motivated to diet with a holiday coming up which is the case again, I go away in June. However this time it goes a bit deeper. I really want to get this weight off and for it to stay off. I am the 'fatty' wherever I go and I am just so fed up.

Well that is my mumble and grumble over with.

On the plus side I started lipotrim again on Thursday and feel really good about it. Psychologically, it is having a really good affect. I feel able to admit to not coping and am longing to see the weight come off. I really want to conquer this weight gain roller coaster that blights my life.

I have 18 weeks before I go away so I thought 16 weeks TFR and 2 weeks refeed.

Are you allowed to stay on TFR for 16 weeks without a break?

It feels nice to be back & good luck everyone - Catt xx

Welcome back Catt and good luck x x

As far as i am aware you can stay on LT as long as you like, or rather as long as your pharmacy is happy to sell it to you on the basis of your BMI....

Welcome back but sorry you've had to come back. As someone who has been only doing this diet for 13 days, can you give any insight into how you put the weight back on? I'm conscious that I only want to do this once (I have 5.5st to lose) so I know that I'm going to have to change my eating habits when I come off the diet. Did you do this but still find yourself putting on weight. Any insight would be much appreciated. Good luck this time round.

Welcome back but sorry you've had to come back. As someone who has been only doing this diet for 13 days, can you give any insight into how you put the weight back on? I'm conscious that I only want to do this once (I have 5.5st to lose) so I know that I'm going to have to change my eating habits when I come off the diet. Did you do this but still find yourself putting on weight. Any insight would be much appreciated. Good luck this time round.

Hiya,

I can only speak for myself as everyone is different. I am an emotional eater. I turn to food for comfort. I need to learn to find other ways of coping. Plus once I start eating for comfort rather to satisfy my hunger it spirals out of control. Overeating is the reason I put the weight back on.

I found after I finished my refeed I could eat healthily and my weight stayed stable. So as long as you refeed (extremely imortant) and watch what you eat you should be fine. And there is no reason to put any weight back on.

Good Luck :)

Thanks for responding Catt. I'm an emotional eater too and a boredom eater and a greedy eater and I love all the wrong things. I'm aiming to use this time away from food to break old habits and learn new strategies so that I don't turn to food at the drop of hat. At the moment, this forum is proving a big distraction in the evenings!

Thanks for responding Catt. I'm an emotional eater too and a boredom eater and a greedy eater and I love all the wrong things. I'm aiming to use this time away from food to break old habits and learn new strategies so that I don't turn to food at the drop of hat. At the moment, this forum is proving a big distraction in the evenings!

I totally agree Cate... I have always said that this diet is fabulous for getting the weight off, but it does not prepare you for eating normally again (especially as my idea of normal is stuffing rubbish, and that's what got me to LT in the 1st place! lol)

I have joined WW to make sure that i can learn how to eat normally, and it will all be in place ready for when i finish LT, so i can come off LT, refeed, and start eating properly.

Good luck

I totally agree Cate... I have always said that this diet is fabulous for getting the weight off, but it does not prepare you for eating normally again (especially as my idea of normal is stuffing rubbish, and that's what got me to LT in the 1st place! lol)

I have joined WW to make sure that i can learn how to eat normally, and it will all be in place ready for when i finish LT, so i can come off LT, refeed, and start eating properly.

Good luck

Hi SS, yes, I was thinking about joining SW just as I have about 1st to lose, reach my SW goal while doing LT but then be able to weigh in weekly at SW for free. Bit sneaky but I think the weekly discipline of a weigh in that doesn't take place in the privacy of my own bathroom might be what I need. I don't really need to know how to eat properly - I know all that - it's about having the discipline to actually implement what I know. Good luck with your weight loss.

Back