Bizarre ketosis times

JonnyWopper

So when I go back in to ketosis it normal takes 3 days. Last week it took me 4 1/2 days this week it's took me 1 1/2 days lol
Hopefully that means a massive loss this week:D

Maybe it depends on what you eat etc...so if you stick more to the plan and eat meat and green veg etc... its quicker but if you eat more carbs then it will take longer x

Have you been eating differently??

Eating chicken breast wouldn't keep you out of ketosis, Jonny. There aren't any carbs in chicken.

:confused:

Lilly's right, the chicken wouldn't have stopped you going into keto.

Apparently your body will always burn the glycogen stores (sugar stores) before protein. It could be dependant on how much glycogen you have stored each week?

Your body does always use glucose first. 25% of the calories you need are used by your brain, and your brain can only use glucose. When you're in ketosis, so no glucose stores and only eating a tiny amount of sugars, your liver converts calories from other sources like protein and fat into the glucose you need. This doesn't harm your liver, but it is quite hard work, so it will only do it if other sugar isn't available.

I know this will make me look stupid but how do I know when I'm in ketosis ?
If I start SS on Mon is there any way I will know or can check and why is it important ? x

I know this will make me look stupid but how do I know when I'm in ketosis ?
If I start SS on Mon is there any way I will know or can check and why is it important ? x

Hi Angelupnorth!

Take a look at the thread: 'Correct me if I'm wrong' it may help. :)

Thanks Rachel will take a look, loving this forum. The support if fab. So good infact I'm going to start tomorrow instead of Monday :)

Thanks Rachel will take a look, loving this forum. The support if fab. So good infact I'm going to start tomorrow instead of Monday :)

Yeah its really helpful and a good distraction! Oh I'm glad you're inspired to start sooner. Good luck :)

Back