BL - Can we chat in chat tomorrow?....

x-Katie-x

Gold Member
.... I'm pretty sure you said in one of your posts that you did your motorbike lessons/test in one of those short courses?????

I'm looking to do the same, going to ring a place on Monday and was wondering if we could chat while I pick your brains about it all.

.... I'm pretty sure you said in one of your posts that you did your motorbike lessons/test in one of those short courses?????

I'm looking to do the same, going to ring a place on Monday and was wondering if we could chat while I pick your brains about it all.

Course we can! I have a bit of housework to do in the morning.....let me know what sort of time is good for you!!!

xx

Anytime is fine by me - I'm happy to be fitted in around your hoovering and polishing ..... or even better you could just come here and do mine :D

Arggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - well after talking to you earlier I went and checked out the website of the company I want to use ... phoned them up as they're open 7 days but no answer ---- they then phoned me straight back! He was out and about but is going to ring me at 6 to get my driving licence number (haven't a clue where my licence is) - he's then going to book my theory test for me and pencil in a date to do the 5 day training course............. arghhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so excited but have just become oh so bloody scared too :rotflmao:

I so wouldn't have done this 2.5 stone ago!

Cool Katie! SOunds like they are well organised - that is what you want. They are hard to reach during the day as they are ususally all out riding/teaching. Same with where I did it.

Ya know, I am amazed I did this 2.5 stones ago. I won;t lie - it was painful mentally as I felt so exposed but I figured bugger them who cast jusdgment anyway - at least I was learning to do something amazing, and under all the leather and lid, no one knew who I was anyway! But I was worried about my physical strength being so overweight - it did cause some trouble, so you are ahead of the game there.

Go girl!!

xx

I know what you mean about the strength, that is one thing that's worrying me - I had a major shoulder problem a couple of years ago and I've got to admit it has crossed my mind that it may not be up to it.

I don't think I'd have put it off 2.5st ago because of what people thought - stuff em! But I'd have worried weight wise, I've still got concerns about being too heavy and toppling it - specially going round a corner but hubby says I'll be fine.

Can't wait to get started now --- am hoping that this 5 day course can at least be partly over the weekend as I'd rather only use 3 or 4 days leave than 5 if I have the choice.

You should be OK - the most impotant source of strength really is your lower body. And if the bike starts to drop when you are stopped, which it just might, whatever you do, if you can't hold it, and you will kow that immediately - then don't try! Let it drop before hurting yourself. If it damages anything you might have to pay, but better then then blowing out your shoulder. I dropped mine three times on the course - once doing a UTurn, once at a complete standstill with an uneven and hidden camber, and once when moving very slowly - the balance can just catch you out at time! Till you get used to it. It only cost me £25 for a new clutch lever, but better then hurting myself.

Well, it didn's stop me from doing it - it was not a ocnsideration, as I was determined to do it anyway. But once I got started, did feel a bit self conscious, but there was not much time to worry about that! Too busy concentrating and watching out for all the lousy drivers that don't see bikes, no matter how big/bright/noisy - whatever - you are! lol

Oh dear dear dear dear - this is really moving on very quickly --- they've phoned up and I'm now booked in for my Theory Test on 27th March and I'm doing my CBT next Sunday!!!!!!

How the hell has this all happened in 7 hours? I thought that if I got in touch they'd book me a theory for April and then there would be a waiting list and I'd get on a bike in May ---- it's all very exciting but also very scary!

sorry to but into this.. but omg.. im soooo jealous of you katie..
good luck.. not that you'll need it..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x x x

Cheers Kitteh, feel free to post whenever, you're def not butting in :D

BL I'm just glad to hear that you felt the same when you were going through this, it's a mix of arghhh with excitement and arghhh with nerves - madness :D :D

Think I might need to borrow your sofa!

Back