Black Coffee?

hanmac

Getting her sparkle back
Hi everyone!
Hope your all doing well.

I've started to get bored of the packs lately, when I started I stopped drinking caffeine but this week i've started drinking black decaf coffee.

It's nice to have a change, but i'm a bit paranoid. Will adding coffee to my diet affect weight loss? I know LL says we can drink it but me being silly i'm still worried!

I still have a half and half in the morning, then a decaf in the afternoon. I'm fairly sure there's no problem with decaf as it's not a diuretic like normal coffee. I've just got some decaf earl grey tea, but I'm still "acquiring the taste" !! The rest of the time it's Pukka 3-mint tea or hot water with St. Clements - YUM :D And more water of course...

I drank coffee like there's no tomorrow on LL! And I still do. I honestly can't say how or if it did affect my weight loss, but as Lucy said - it is a diuretic so it may make you go to the loo more. (But that's pretty standard on LL anyway...).
The diuretic may cause you to have water retention issues so your weight loss may look slower than it actually is. (Body holds on to water when it thinks it's losing too much, too fast). The way to counteract this is to drink more water... And don't forget you may lose a bit of essenial body salts from all this water/coffee chugging...

I dunno. :)

pack bordem is my problem now.

as for coffee:

double espresso when I waje.
1000 filter,
1300 filter
1500 filter
1800 rather large cafietere

I would say im using 18 teaspoons ground coffee per day. is that excessive. probably. But I need to consume something.

I also have a pot of tea in the evening. So yeah far too much caffeine really.

Thanks for all your replies. Think I just needed the reassurance that it's ok!
Feels strange after being on LL for 11 weeks to add something new, I know it's allowed but still feels 'naughty' in a way!

pack bordem is my problem now.

as for coffee:

double espresso when I waje.
1000 filter,
1300 filter
1500 filter
1800 rather large cafietere

I would say im using 18 teaspoons ground coffee per day. is that excessive. probably. But I need to consume something.

I also have a pot of tea in the evening. So yeah far too much caffeine really.

Me Too !!!;)

Like anything, if you get a good brand decaf coffee is just as nice as the regular stuff,
I buy my decaf beans online and grind them each day so its super fresh and I don't feel at all deprived. In fact since my first stint of LL 5 years ago I have drank black decaf coffee ever since.
Coffeebeanshop check out this online they do some terrific coffees and must admit I'm now a bit of a coffee snob, if I go out and its not good I'd rather have a hot water or a peppermint tea. And all this is from a woman who used inhale any coffee especially cappuccinos, but when you stop drinking milky drinks all of a sudden the coffee flavour becomes really important. So I have swopped one obsession for another....but thats not such a bad thing eh?

Back