Blender or whisk?

hunca

Silver Member
I'm starting s&s on Thurs & wondered what is best way to mix the shakes? Should I invest in a smoothie maker to ensure lump free shakes or do they mix well with a whisk?

I use a stick blender for the shakes when I have them cold, takes 10 seconds to mix and really easy to clean compared to a smoothie maker.

When I have the shakes hot (usually at work as less conspicuous!) I use a battery milk frother - 99p from Ikea! For the hot meals I find the little bits get trapped in the whisk part of the frother so use a small normal whisk.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I use a shaker which is handy for work times and it mixes well enough

I'm a blender kinda girl too :) for the shakes anyway. Soups and meals I use a hand whisk.

I have an LL shaker or use a handblender at home with ice - very nice. I'm going away next week and for convenience have purchased a funnel to get the powder into a regular water bottle and I'll just shake it (having drunk a little of it first) - then it's all disposable so no washing up facilities needed when I'm wandering round Prague in the snow :)

I have an LL shaker or use a handblender at home with ice - very nice. I'm going away next week and for convenience have purchased a funnel to get the powder into a regular water bottle and I'll just shake it (having drunk a little of it first) - then it's all disposable so no washing up facilities needed when I'm wandering round Prague in the snow :)

Oh Noodles, how good are you! That's really impressive that you intend to continue whilst on holiday. You've got some very strong willpower x
And Prague? Fab! Never been myself but it's supposed to be lovely :)

And also just noticed you're ticker. You're OVER half way on your journey now, well done!

Thank you :) I'm still a little unsure of my goal so don't quite know how far along, but still, it looks good and it'll probably be around that figure I guess (note to self - get on with sorting goal to maintain focus!). As for the willpower, well, having had a week off at Christmas and feeling so very bad from eating carbs and so amazing from not, it makes it all much easier to stay with the plan :). Don't think I'll risk mixing a shake on the plane though, in case it provokes an emergency response!!

Back