Blew my trumpet too soon

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Think i may have blew my trumpet too soon ... from last tuesday the day i started back on tfr i have felt completly fine but today i feel like utter crap! All i want to do is cry for some stupid reason :cry: I keep thinking of food ... how much i just wana big gobfull of that carbonara pasta bake i made for the bf in the fridge ... obviously i wouldnt, and i'd never but today is tough!!!

Been watching sex and the city boxset and a few personal issues have come to light and i think thats whats making me feel so low! Im 22 and feel like my life is going nowhere.

Ive got a degree i worked 4 flippin years for (it was by mistake that i got accepted into uni in the first place) and nothing to show for it. Im stuck in a dead end job with no chance of progressing and i sit on my ass for 5 hours a day typing constant postcodes and localities.

Sorry for being a downer today guys - lets hope tomorrow is a better day :fingerscrossed:

O Tanya you really are feeling low today are'nt you, well I would like to say a BIG thank you to you for setting up the crimbo challenge but mainly for ALWAYS being here to pull other people through the tough times. As far as your life goes you need to start looking at the positives not the negatives and look back at your photos you are looking lovely and slim and more importantly happy. And remember everybody has down days. Keep your chin up chuck tomorrows another day (and jobs can be changed).

I'm sorry to hear that, I know what you mean - I really want to eat today, not that I would, but, going back the sweet aisle in the shops & then walking past Costa I was like, "hmm...frescato!!" It's still tough dealing with that feeling though.

I'm absolutely terrified that my degree is a complete waste of time (mainly because I know it is, I think I actually know less that I did when I started...). I suppose, on the bright side, you're still young & have plenty of time to explore different career paths should you wish to?

There are certain TV shows/films/books I have to steer clear of when I'm in a bad mood as they highlight what's lacking in my life...

Hope things look brighter in the morning!

Hannah

Oh Summergurl I know how you feel hun.

I'm 25 have no degree career either, but I have enrolled at college and I start on MOnday doing hairdressing (I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo scared).

You will be fine at least you have a job hun there are thousands of people that dont at the mo, as for the food I feel like that everyday aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh. lol

If you ever need a chat im on facebook so just add me if u havent already (joanne rogers) and throw it at me ill listen try and help whatever, were in this together .

xxxxx

Awww Tanya, it's natural to have days like this so don't worry. All you need to know is that you've got so many people on here who care about you (including me) and we'll do what we can to lift your spirits.
I don't think anyone at all would be worried of you eating food, especially because you're one of the most dedicated people on this diet.
Don't ever feel like you've wasted yourself, you worked bloody hard for that degree and your time for the perfect job for you will come.
I'm always around if you need a natter. Sex And The City is a fab show, you've made me feel like watching it now lol!
Hope you feel better soon chick xxx

Awwww thankyou guys :) Nice to know your around to try lift my spirits!

Abbie, ive just finished season 2 - its so addictive but makes me wish i had a life like that - living somewhere out of the uk, somewhere where i can drink cocktails and stay amazingly thin whilst meeting my mr big!! I know its tv and would never happen in real life but a girl can dream! lol

Hopefully ill perk up by tomorrow for the weekend - not that i have anything planned besides staying in and drinking .... water of course! :giggle:

My graduation is on tuesday - maybe deep down thats whats making me :( I know its final and i will officially be no longer a student :'(

Don't lose heart sweetie, up until the age of 25 I was working in one dead end job after another, I had no qualifications and was miserable - earning a pittance to boot.

I decided to do something about it, I enrolled at college and studied beauty, after my first year I fell pregnant so had to wait until my little one was one before I started again to complete my training.

I set up a salon in my home and a year ago enrolled at college again to do my certificate in education. One year on and I am a part time lecturer and half way through my studies.

I am the slimmest I have been for 6 years, I have a career instead of a job and real prospects for mine and my familys future, with the hope in a few years of emigrating, after I have gained my qualification and a couple of years of valuable experience.

I'm not telling you this to gloat, I want you to know that although you may feel now that your degree was a waste of time you never know what the future will hold for you - but you have to grab it, it won't come to you. From what I have read, you are a very determined young woman - you have stuck to this plan for ruddy ages woman, it takes someone special to do what you have done, it takes real guts and determination - that kind of woman won't stay in a dead end job and do nothing with her life - you won't do that, you are bringing in the money at the moment where lots of people aren't able to - you are doing this, nobody else.

You are amazing and deserve reward for that, stick to it, work hard and reap your rewards hon.

Sorry if it sounds like I am preaching and babbling on, I don't mean to. It's all said with love and admiration.

Keep smiling xx

Tanya, hands off Mr Big, he is mine lol. I dream of a life like that every day. I love it!!

Is it TOTM time? A bad time for us girls on LT. I am sure you will be back on form tomorrow hune

Hi Tanya,
sorry you are having an off day, you are normally so bright and bubbly but I suppose it happens to all of us sometime.
I think you understand yourself well as it may be coinciding with the graduation, it is a big deal but does signal the end of a particular part of your life.
Without being motherly (oh I can't help it, it's bred into me now) you are 22 a whole 20 years younger than me and although I wouldn't wish much of the last 20 years ( save the last 2 away) it is nice to dream I have it to live over again.
You have talked about moving, immigrating before and perhaps this is an area you will revisit again. I know in this time of recession people will tell you to stay put, you are lucky to be working and all that but you have to feel that for yourself. I know you are working full time but one bit of good advice I heard before was to volunteer on your time off in another field, esp if it was something you wanted to explore as a possible job.
Also look at the possibility of retraining, with a degree it is easier to move into a chosen field a bit further up the ladder. Try to visit a career guidance firm to get some external help.
Ok advice bit over, sorry for droning on.
Other than that you are doing very well, congrats on resisting the lure of the food, you know you can do this in your sleep.
Hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you.
Doirin

Tanya, hands off Mr Big, he is mine lol. I dream of a life like that every day. I love it!!

Is it TOTM time? A bad time for us girls on LT. I am sure you will be back on form tomorrow hune

haha how dreamy is mr big ;) ;) ;) ;)

Its always totm for me whilst on LT. My last time on it it lasted for 20weeks of the 22weeks i was on it and it has returned. Although no where near as bad, yet :fingerscrossed:

Im feeling a little better, thanks guys :)
Have delved into my book and am almost finished - i guess it was just one of them days :sigh:

Guna get cracking tomorrow and see about getting me some voluntary work in a field that i think i'd like to make my career in (thanks doirin :))

:) x

I know what you mean about being stuck in a dead end job, i'm an administrator, and it is sooooo boring, but i do a part time law course and i've got interests in joining the court in other areas, which is very exciting to me, so while my job pays the bills, my hobbies are what keep me going. I also find going to the gym twice a week and just doing a little excercise helps clear my head and gives me a boost. So while your job pays the bills, it doesn't have to be your whole life, maybe look into other things to spend your free time on, the time will soon whizz by. well done on resisting the food tho! hope you feel better real soon x

Hey Tanya, a fun fact for ya. My baby is due 25th May, the new Sex And The City movie is out on 28th May, you know if I'm overdue, I'm still waddling over to the cinema to see it and if I go into labour, I'll find it so funny lol!

:giggle: sorry abs the image of that just made me chuckle!!!!!! :p

:giggle: sorry abs the image of that just made me chuckle!!!!!! :p

Wooohooo, it worked then lol! But it's definitely true, if I'm overdue, I'm gonna chance it. :D:D

Poor Tanya, the girl who is usually boosting everyone elses egos has a true blue day. I echo what everyone else has said. You are trying to live your life too fast. Savour and enjoy every bit of it. look what you have; got into college, got through college, got a job(irrelevant that ur not CEO), have achieved a fantastic weight loss. You have a lifetime ahead to find Mr Big,run the corporation,rear a soccer team whilst keeping the fab figure acquired in ur 20s. Enjoy every day, you don't get them back. Glad to see ur cheering up a little. have a great grad day,it's one of the best days of your life.

aww hun sorry your feeling low today, i know how you feel hun iv had 1 of those days 2day too, there must be something in the air... hope your feeling better 2mora xx

Everyone's beat me to the advice babes so I'll just give ya a BIG SQUEEZY HUG!!!

Oh ok I'll chat too...

Your life is not going nowhere!! What's happening here babe is the hormones that have been stored in your fat is being released and you're now feeling crap. I didn't go to uni til I was 25 and had two kids so if at 22 you feel dead ended you are being stooooopid! And if it was a mistake you got in at all you could have struggled and dropped out, but you didn't! You worked at it probably with the same dogged determination you attack LT with!

If TV has brought some personal issues to the surface, as it has a nasty habit of doing, thennow is the time to deal with them. Would they be issues that lead to comfort eating? Cus that could be why you're itching for the pasta! Step outside yourself and look at it all.

You are an AMAZING person, a beautiful young woman who is feeling down about things right now, but you are by no means stuck. Look for other jobs, though admittedly todays climate is not great and bla bla bla. Look at courses, they give bursary's to trainee teachers in England don't they? Have you ever considered that? I'd imagine your no nonsense yet fun filled attitude would make you a great teacher.

It may seem random advice but I'm just putting it out there as an example of how you can make decisions to make you feel happier in your life. You can do ANYTHING!

And once more...BIG SQUEEZY HUG!!!!!

Ive got a degree i worked 4 flippin years for (it was by mistake that i got accepted into uni in the first place) and nothing to show for it. Im stuck in a dead end job with no chance of progressing and i sit on my ass for 5 hours a day typing constant postcodes and localities.
I know this isn't a forum for career advice but I just can't resist commenting on this. If you've got no career progression and its something you care about then the psychological impact of that can affects so many other aspects of your life including self-esteem (and yes, diet). While you're fixing your weight with Lipotrim why not take the opportunity to try sort out those things that give you a downer too.

Unfortunately I don't have an easy solution for you but if you can't find an alternative job (which is tough in the current climate) then sit down and get creative. I'm serious, draw, write, sing - whatever you like. It'll help in so many ways...

Feeling tonnes better today guys - thanks :) Just made a rhubarb crumble for me grandma and grandad so feel less worried about things. I've two routes i want to take, the first im guna try my hand at getting into some sort of cooking school/course ... dont know what is around but boy im guna have a good old goose later on. Cooking and baking is a passion and i love it so hopefully maybe possibly they'll be something somewhere that doesnt cost the earth!!

Poor Tanya, the girl who is usually boosting everyone elses egos has a true blue day. I echo what everyone else has said. You are trying to live your life too fast. Savour and enjoy every bit of it. look what you have; got into college, got through college, got a job(irrelevant that ur not CEO), have achieved a fantastic weight loss. You have a lifetime ahead to find Mr Big,run the corporation,rear a soccer team whilst keeping the fab figure acquired in ur 20s. Enjoy every day, you don't get them back. Glad to see ur cheering up a little. have a great grad day,it's one of the best days of your life.
It may be a great day but its officially the end :cry: lol!!!

Everyone's beat me to the advice babes so I'll just give ya a BIG SQUEEZY HUG!!!

Oh ok I'll chat too...

Your life is not going nowhere!! What's happening here babe is the hormones that have been stored in your fat is being released and you're now feeling crap. I didn't go to uni til I was 25 and had two kids so if at 22 you feel dead ended you are being stooooopid! And if it was a mistake you got in at all you could have struggled and dropped out, but you didn't! You worked at it probably with the same dogged determination you attack LT with!

If TV has brought some personal issues to the surface, as it has a nasty habit of doing, thennow is the time to deal with them. Would they be issues that lead to comfort eating? Cus that could be why you're itching for the pasta! Step outside yourself and look at it all.

You are an AMAZING person, a beautiful young woman who is feeling down about things right now, but you are by no means stuck. Look for other jobs, though admittedly todays climate is not great and bla bla bla. Look at courses, they give bursary's to trainee teachers in England don't they? Have you ever considered that? I'd imagine your no nonsense yet fun filled attitude would make you a great teacher.

It may seem random advice but I'm just putting it out there as an example of how you can make decisions to make you feel happier in your life. You can do ANYTHING!

And once more...BIG SQUEEZY HUG!!!!!

You're right - i couldve dropped out but i didnt - it took me a year longer than the rest but i think thats whats given me the determination i have today (corny i know! lol)

And teaching!!! NO WAY!!! I cant stand kids, being in a classroom full of em is one of my worst nightmares!!! :rotflmao:

So glad some of your positivity has returned today.

Your life is positively absolutely NOT going nowhere, lady!! You are graduating, that is brilliant. It's amazing. I think you're right to at least try and get involved in something you love (police, cookery - however it happens!)

Life is funny, it can lead you through all sorts of twists and turns but i to get where you want to go but i also believe that we need to steer ourselves in the right direction occasionally, things don't always just happen sometimes you have to force them a little.

I know it might not be a first though but do you have a soup kitchen or somewhere you could volunteer to do some cooking? Or maybe in the future you could sell your wares at a charity sale, a car boot sale, or even a farmer's market. Or maybe you could blog about your cooking. Or sell your services as a birthday/wedding cake maker. Do a cake decorating course... Learn a new type of cuisine...

Sometimes you have to think a bit creatively. It's new college term too so you're bound to find a course you could manage to squeeze in :) even if it's only a 1 dayer rather than 30 weeks.

Good luck chick x

Back