Blimp to Bomshell to Blimp Again: RawrGirl's 2ND Weight Loss Diary

Without a doubt, keep a measurement record. In reality, they are all that counts. What difference does the scale matter if you fit/look great in clothes!!!

Good luck, and it's great to meet you!
. Yes I will do I only wear dresses these days I'm a size 14 ATM but have ordered 2 size 12 dresses from New Look...

what diet are you following Hun? And thanks for your kind words x

Hope you had a good weekend RawrGirl!:)

Hi RG,

Sounds like you have been busy but also well behaved in terms of the diet so well done! Gosh home-schooling has always struck me as something which looks very difficult so kudos to you there. Are you going to be permanently busy now or do you get some rest any time soon?

I am feeling a bit gloomy, I am just disappointed in myself for not dieting this week and I want to go home and cuddle my cat but I can't until the end of November :( I have a lot of work things I need to do so I think I'm jut a bit stressed out!!

Thanks for missing RawrGirl! You both are so sweet!!!!

RawrGirl is still here, and still on her diet...her measurements and weight just aren't doing ANYTHING.

Thus, starting last Monday, she has once again decided to do a Ketogenic diet since that is how she lost the weight last time. Bye-bye carbs. :cry:

Last week's non-existent wieght loss (the 2nd in a row) made RawrGirl decide this, so she streated to pizza, wine, and brownies last weekend, and then starting Monday ate around 20 carbs a day. She is doing this up to Christmas week when her inlaws arrive. Hopefully, by then, that will put her near/at goal. With the exception of Thanksgiving since she plans on eating low-carb stuffing and low-carb sweet potato casserole which though low carb will still put her carbs over 20 for the day. Plus she plans on indulging in light vanilla nog. :D But other than that, she is doing ketosis from now till Christmas (Dec 22).

:eek: And get this!!!! RawrGirl is sooooo desperate to reach goal by Christmas she has decided not to drink on weekends from now till then. With the exception of when in-laws visit (they are prohibitionists and don't know RawrGirl and Prince Charming indulge on weekends), RawrGirl has drank every weekend for 4+ years. This will be quite the challange, as RawrGirl enjoys her weekend vodka splurges. So you can see how determined RawrGirl is.

Lol, tonight is the first night at this attempt, so we will see if she even makes it.

So, RawrGirl is not getting on the scale again until Thanksgiving weekend. She is shooting for 139.9, but as last week showed 145, that is probably wishful thinking even for ketosis. :sigh:

Well, gotta run....but plan on checking in on friends' diaries and such later today (or sometime this weekend at least). Sorry to have been gone lately, but with no loss to report, it was rather discouraging. Love to all! xx

Hey RawrGirl it is really great to see you again, was starting to fear you had left us!!:cry:

Sorry that you didnt' feel like your diet was working, but well done or picking something else to try rather than just giving up and eating a load of junk!! Well done on giving up alcohol - I had a drink last Sunday but before that hadn't in over a month! Not a big drinker myself though would rather drink water unless I'm off on a night out!!

I have taken a leaf out of your book ad put my scales away until at least Wednesday - I was getting so obsessive with my weighing, pretty sure it wasn't healthy!

Hope you have a nice weekend :D xx

Okay, RawrGirl is back....now that Christmas and New Years is officially behind her and she is even fatter and sproting a 32.5 inch waist. Not ohly did she not skip drinking, she basically spent the entire month of December not on a diet. Not exactly a binge, mind you, but happily eating whatever she wanted. *sigh*

But no worries. She has a plan. The spare bedroom that was basically a storage area has been transformed into a "thin" room. It has her weight machine, yoga mat, table for laptop (for playing yoga and belly dancing DVD's), and her size 8 jeans hanging up for inspiration. :D

RawrGirl refuses to get on the scale until her waist is back to <31 (when she knows her weight will be in the 140's). She doesn't think she could bare it if the scale said 150's, or worse, 160's. *shutter*

Her plan so far is to straight up to Valentines weekend with out treating/going out of Ketosis (though Feb 6 is official weigh-in). So 6 straight weeks of being good. During the week is easy, but the weekends are much harder, as RawrGirl likes to snack. But she likes being thinner, and fitting into all her clothes more. At least she feels that way now. She must remind herself of that on the weekends.

First mini-goal is
<31 in waist by Feb 6, 2015. To realistically reach that, she needs to shed the water weight (which she assumes is the reason for a 33.5 inch waist, seeing as she doubts very much she put on 20 pounds 3 weeks) and be 32 inches by this Friday. So that is this week's goal -- 1.5 inches off the waist. Which again, will only happen if it really is just water weight. RawrGirl is praying.

To Valentines or Bust!

Last edited:
RawrGirl's Rewards/Motivations for Mini-Goals:

RawrGirl's 1st mini-goal: <31 in waist / Feb 6, 2015 -- back into black jeans for Valentines Date Night w/ Prince Charming

RawrGirl's 2nd mini-goal: <30 in waist / Mar 6, 2015 -- ???

RawrGirl's 3rd mini-goal: <29 in waist / Apr 3, 2015 -- ???

RawrGirl's 4th mini-goal:
<28 inch waist / May 1, 2015 -- Back into thin clothes for seeing family at son's school play

RawrGirl's 5th mini-goal: 124 lbs.
/ June 5, 2015 -- Summer Wardrobe

RawrGirl's 6th mini-goal: 119 lbs. / July 3, 2015 -- Water Wonderland Theme Park

Hello RawrGirl - great to see you again. Good luck for 2015.....

So good to see you back RawrGirl, was worried you'd abandoned me! May 2015 be a good year for all of us!!

Thanks all for stopping by!

So far so good for Day #1. Ate well. Did yoga. Still have to lift weights tho. Am watching Harry Potter with the fam, so hopefully I won't end up not getting around to it. Usually I will be doing it before teaching, but today's schedule was a bit off. Was already down .5 inch in the waist, but knew some of that had to do with the alcohol over New Years weekend. Still aiming for <32 by Friday.

Have my diet all worked out, even for the weekends. So as long as I stick to the plan, I will be thin by May. Sticking to the plan, of course, is the hard part.

Thanks, Tasi! You are very sweet!

Update for yesterday, RawrGirl did indeed work out. Yay.

Today is not going so well. RawrGirl couldn't sleep last night, so stayed up reading till after 3AM. Then husband didn't go to work due to snow, so she slept in till 1 PM. Then had to teach, and naturally put off going to work, which means now she will have to work Friday. And not feeling all that well so no work out as of yet. Not sure if due sleep pattern all screwy or if coming down with something. But eating is on track.

Best news is waist measurment is down a bit more, just a line over 32, so 32 1/16th. :)

Back