Bloated/Swollen... Help please!

AbbieJade92

Hey everyone,

This is my first post! :)

So I have now been on Slimming World for 3 weeks and have lost 1st 2lbs. It's all been going really well but this week I've had my lowest lost at 1.5lbs. I can cope with only losing a couple of pounds a week, however I just feel really rubbish.

I weighed in on Wednesday night and I felt so big and round. Thursday and Friday especially I was in agony. Sharp cramps and a swollen stomach and just feel massive. I've changed nothing over these 3 weeks and worried my weight loss is going to turn to a maintain or a gain even though I am not changing anything.

Any advice? Has this happened to anyone? Thanks!! :)

:sw007::sw014:

You have loss over 1st in 3 weeks. That is amazing and 1.5lbs loss this week is good as well.
Can you be constipated or are you regular. The heat doesn't help. Keep drinking water/squash.
No one can guarantee every week we are going to lose and some weeks you may have a gain. But you have to stick with it and look at it over a month instead of week by week.You have loss in 3 weeks what some people struggle to lose in a couple of months.

Whatever the scales say stick with it and it will come off.. :)

I agree with Mary. The heat is playing havoc with my water retention too. Drink loads and try some green tea to get things moving if they aren't. Slimming world involves a lot of veg. Many of these are very fiberous and they will help keep you regular but only if you give them enough fluid otherwise they can have the opposite effect and will sit in your system and slow it down causing bloating, cramps and :eek: wind. There are loads of posts where people have experienced this in the first few weeks and it takes a while for your system to deal with the change of diet, particularly if you ate really differently before.

Stick with it. Your losses are amazing.

Hey ladies!

Thanks for this. I am really proud of my losses but it's just so uncomfortable and I feel so fat and round! Particularly when I've noticed the loss before and now feels like it's right back on again.

I have been regular, but maybe I'm not drinking enough and tbh I have never been good with heat- so you're both right and it could be that.

I have a lot of weight to lose- I need to lose around 8st so maybe I'm panicking that my body is saying I can't lose anymore and I've just begun!

Thanks again for your lovely comments X

:sw007::sw014:

Hope you're feeling better?

Thanks for asking!

I actually do feel lots better. I wonder if it may have been STAR week. (The pill I am on means I don't have periods but wondering if I still go through to motion!?)

I weighed in last night and shockingly lost 5.5lbs!! Got my 1.5st and slimmer of the week for a second time in 5 weeks!

Very shocked and very happy. You've all been so helpful. Thank you xxx

:sw007::sw014::sw021:

Totally possible. I have an implant and it stops my periods too but every so often I get a shed load of water retention and my skin feels a mite greasier as if I were having a period so the symptoms are still there.

Ah that is good news, and good to know to keep an eye out for this again in the future. I have just had my periods start back after a long time without them (due to my obesity!), and I think they def affect my weight loss.

Back