Bloaty feeling

ConfusedGirl

Hi everyone. I am on my third week of doing SW and i am doing only green days. I have noticed that i always feel very bloated and i was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

I am on my 3rd week too and following green plan. Unfortunately like you I feel very bloated (and also full of wind :eek:). I have been told it stops once you are accustomed to the diet though.

Are you drinking enough water?, this may the bi product of Pasta and Rice and vegs ( OMG) I find scan bran is a good solution or switch to red for a few days if you are able.

Philx

Hi seashellslim :) I am glad to hear it stops as i can't imagine having to feel like this forever!! (I also get full of wind lol)

Hi Phil, i don't really drink enough water, i am trying to drink more though, i am planning on filling up four 500ml bottles of juice or water each day and to drink them all throughout the day :)

Where can you get scan bran from? As i don't actually go to a SW group.

I don't really eat much meat so there would be no point me doing red days cos i'd just starve lol.

Hi

Scan brans can be sourced for larger supermarkets / Health food shops or you can even just go for bran flakes and use the as a B choice or syn.
You will find the increase of water will ease the bloaty feeling and may give your loss a boost. I do exactly that make up two litres of water with Robinsons suger free and sup through the day.

Try red for a while if you can

Phil x

Last edited:
yes i had this problem from green, had green yesterday so i know how you feel! Red days sort the problem out for me x

" I've lost that Bloated feeling ...whoa Bloated feeling I've lost that Bloated feeling ... now its gone gone gone whoa!!!!!"

LOL ( Name that tune?)

Phil x

Last edited:
haha, dont fret i was bloated and also rather windy my first few weeks of green :0 you get used to it haha and it subsides lol x

that is so sad-been sitting here trying to remember the real words to the song-you've ruined forever for me now Phil!!!

I only do green days and my 3rd week was awful! I felt really bloated, stuck to plan totally and put on a pound!! I was shocked!!!!!!!!!!!However, i stuck with it and the bloaty feeling went, and i've lost weight every week since. Keep going it does get easier:)

I only do green days and my 3rd week was awful! I felt really bloated, stuck to plan totally and put on a pound!! I was shocked!!!!!!!!!!!However, i stuck with it and the bloaty feeling went, and i've lost weight every week since. Keep going it does get easier:)

Hi i'm glad to hear you lost the bloated feeling as it can be awful. I got so sick of it that today i am having a red day, my first red day! Was planning on having only green days but i needed a change and im not sure green days are working for me as i have only lost 1lb my third week! Today is the first day of my fourth week so im starting with a red day and im gonna try and have about 2 more red days this week and the rest green.

It's really hard on red though as i dont really know what to eat! I don't like much meat either lol. I like ham, turkey, chicken, bacon, quorn sausages and quorn mince etc so hoping that is enough to get me through red days lol.

Bayside i was wondering if you could please write out an example of what you would normaly eat on a green day please :) Thankyou :)

Hiya ConfusedGirl,

Have you thought about trying EE? I've not felt bloated yet, and still eat mostly green foods but with a bit of meat thrown in - it might work out better for you...

Hiya ConfusedGirl,

Have you thought about trying EE? I've not felt bloated yet, and still eat mostly green foods but with a bit of meat thrown in - it might work out better for you...

I dont really understand EE but am i right in thinking you cant snack inbetween meals or you cant have your A's and B's or sumthin?

I think you're thinking of Mix to Max...

With EE, any food that is free on green or free on red is free on EE. You can snack on whatever you like, whenever you like (as long as you keep within your 5-15 syns/day) but you do only get one HExA and B a day.

On a green day, it depends what you use your healthy extras for - if it's meat, you probably won't notice a difference as the meat would be free on EE.

HTH...

I think you're thinking of Mix to Max...

With EE, any food that is free on green or free on red is free on EE. You can snack on whatever you like, whenever you like (as long as you keep within your 5-15 syns/day) but you do only get one HExA and B a day.

On a green day, it depends what you use your healthy extras for - if it's meat, you probably won't notice a difference as the meat would be free on EE.

HTH...

Oh yeah i think i was thinking of mix to max lol! That sounds quite good but i do normally use all my HEX's! Usually for weetabix for brek and then my other B i have 2 alpen bars or ryvita crisbread for snacks throughout the day. And i sometimes use both my A's for milk as i like a lot on my weetabix and then if im making rice pudding i have some milk in that too!

I can see myself putting on weight if i do EE lol as id probs eat so much of everythin haha!!

Just to say you wouldn't put weight on if you went onto EE and stuck to the plan - SW wouldn't make any money if they developed a plan that didn't let you lose weight... the change in number of healthy extras makes up for the changes elsewhere.

I can understand about the bread + cereal and the milk - I get around it by having fat free yogurt with my cereal, and I have things like soup for lunch without bread. I'm happy to make that change so I can have things like spaghetti bolognese, but that's just me!

Bayside i was wondering if you could please write out an example of what you would normaly eat on a green day please :) Thankyou :)[/QUOTE]

You may prefer extra easy if you like a little meat, i stick to green as i don't eat meat . Here is an eg of my day

Breakfast- oats so simple (HEB)
snack -banana
Lunch- Feta cheese (HEA)salad (big bowl full, sometimes with added potatoes or pasta in it too), muller light, grapes, satsuma
snack- alpen light (HEB)
Dinner- pasta or rice with home made tomato and veg sauce, sometimes with chillies in , sometimes more italian herbs, often quorn mince or chunks in it too.
Muller light
snack -alpen light

this then leaves me with all my syns intact to munch on through the evening, I usually have 5-10 during the week and 15 at weekends (usually wine lol)

Sometimes i do use syns as part of meals eg quorn products that are not free foods.

good luck:D

Thankyou bayside :)

To be honest im not really fussed about meat, i def could live without having any.

That sounds good, how do you make the home made sauce? Is it complicated cos im not very good with complicated things haha!

I usualy use my weekend syns on chocolate haha! Got to have a bit of choc at the weekend haha! I usualy have a freddo, only 5.5 syns and very chocolaty haha. They don't last long though :( lol.

Back