Blonde Logic's Stream of Consciousness/Diary

SPangly- welcometo hijack hereany day of the week! :)

Thank you Kira - your ideas are good and I am going to look in to them. Your last sentence though hit a chord. "Don't goback where you don't ant to be". A very simple sentence that slams home the simplest most factual truth. Don't go back where you don't want to be. Kira - that is brilliant - those are words to live by!! And I am going to keep repeating them because they are so apt.

I do not feel at the edge where I would give up - certainly not - but it is beginning to feel like a long schlog. And I am wanting to be done with it. Yes - that is me - a petulant child. lol

I have woken today with a more positive outlook and your comments have certainly helped. I will look at that therapy. After the odd therpapy used for my PTSD, I believe anything can work if you want it to and let it.

Like you, even when I am in ketosis I am nibboling - just proves so much is psychological. And its not like me tomessabout- makes me realise there is still stuff underneath it all - but nothing like it was months ago - but still thereplaying with my head.

Anyway - I SHALL OVERCOME!!! :D Hopefully starting today!! :D

I have made a bit of a plan. I am going to start swimming thursday nights and Sunday mornings. My feet are still a bit tender for hardcore calorie burning walking - and I think I need that work put in in order to help deter any cravings....if you follow. I find if I exercise I wantto try harder. So swmming I can do - and I am excited.StartingTHIS Thursday, while hubby is away I am going to follow this plan and see if it has a good resul. if it does I will continue and maybe get a membersip for the pool then. Then i could go often. For less.

Also - had a major retail therapy blast whcih has been fun - maay post pics later.

We can do this!!!

Sorry fot the typos - this old laptop keyboard is RUBBISH. I have to POUND the keys!! LOL

Thansk everyone!!! <<<hugs>>>>

Morning BL-

Wonderful positive attitude -- can't wait to see your therapic picks! New boots? ;)

Swimming is a very good activity for you with your poor feet -- you might want to try Aquafit, as well.

Kira said:
Evening BL! I'm hardly one to be giving out advice given my own struggles of actually getting back on vlcd track but I can say is don' give up. I've been reading a downloaed book from Brain over binge recommended by Annie Annie as it has really helped me but yesterday bless lovely amazing AnnieA she put a link on my diary which really helped rational.org its about AVRT Addiction Voice Recognition Therarpy. Now I am sceptical usually of all this stuff I did like Gillian Riley but the AVRT on this rational.org site had 28 bullets points which is really aimed at alcoholics or drug users but it was so helpful to apply it to food/bingeing overeating. I am being very long winded about this but what i am trying to say is I have been trying ignore that little voice in my little brain/animal brain. I think in LL they made reference to a petulant child?

Anyway, the bullets point were great for me today because even though in ketosis I have had that niggly feeling of wanting to pick. Sorry, I have gone on but I hope what I've bashed out on the keyboard makes some sort of sense! Just don't go back where you don't want to be honey. xx

Great post and very helpful. I will look into this. Thanks.

Awh! BL I'm glad those few words help in some way. I agree I do think there are psychological issues even when in ketosis. Our brains are clever too clever in that they can trick us!

Retail therapy is always a boost and I find when I've lost a bit I get my interest back in clothes etc and it does help keeping to plan. Have a great day. x

Well - after all that, I somehow managed to lose 2 pounds this week. Go figure.Must have been the sweat i worked up movingfurniture last weekend. lol Anyway - a narrow escape - must put myu serious hat on now.Again. And slog on to the end. I will get there - I just want to stop messingabout and get there sooner.

:)

xx

Blonde Logic said:
Well - after all that, I somehow managed to lose 2 pounds this week. Go figure.Must have been the sweat i worked up movingfurniture last weekend. lol Anyway - a narrow escape - must put myu serious hat on now.Again. And slog on to the end. I will get there - I just want to stop messingabout and get there sooner.

:)

xx

Yay, two pounds off!!!

Yay for the 2lb! Go you!! :)

We can "stop messing about" together (I've quite frankly been all over the place this year - zipping from one low carb plan to another and gaining in the process). I'm sooooo in the zone this time. Absolutely determined to do this - and I'm sure you will too. What's stopping you? Do you recognise the thoughts when they start? Can you stop them in their tracks?

Morning BL!

Hi ladies!

Spangly, I don;t know what is the ultimate reason for my messing about. I know my nerves have been a bit frayed recently - my PTSD counseling heated up which was tough (but effective) and now it is coming to an end - and thats kind of scary too.Work has also been extremely stressful and I've been a bit on edge because my hubby was home for weeks when he hurt his back. I am so independant, and his shift pattern usually gives me a lot of free time....so that having him hear 24/7 was a challenge - if you get me. Bless him. ;) But all those sorts of things just made me want food, and my Chatter box was all to happy to help. My food devil would say, "Heyyyyyyy Jan......how YOu doin......wannnnnna coookie???" And before my food angel could even open her mouth I was stuffing one in my mouth and almost taunting it, "ha ha....Beat you!!!" lol - Real rebellious child stuff.

Or I am sabotaging myself for reasons unknown.

But I am not trying to put toooo much pressure on me, but I don't want to be silly and stretch this out any longer really.I want it to be over for Autumn,etc....so I best be a good girl.

So far this week, since my weigh in Tuesday I am emailing CDC each day to tell her I have been good. Which is helping me.And I am going to do that each day until I am in ketosis again. And then keep my head screwed on tight.

We'll get there, hey?

What pushes your buttons?:)

Blonde Logic said:
Hi ladies!

Spangly, I don;t know what is the ultimate reason for my messing about. I know my nerves have been a bit frayed recently - my PTSD counseling heated up which was tough (but effective) and now it is coming to an end - and thats kind of scary too.Work has also been extremely stressful and I've been a bit on edge because my hubby was home for weeks when he hurt his back. I am so independant, and his shift pattern usually gives me a lot of free time....so that having him hear 24/7 was a challenge - if you get me. Bless him. ;) But all those sorts of things just made me want food, and my Chatter box was all to happy to help. My food devil would say, "Heyyyyyyy Jan......how YOu doin......wannnnnna coookie???" And before my food angel could even open her mouth I was stuffing one in my mouth and almost taunting it, "ha ha....Beat you!!!" lol - Real rebellious child stuff.

Or I am sabotaging myself for reasons unknown.

But I am not trying to put toooo much pressure on me, but I don't want to be silly and stretch this out any longer really.I want it to be over for Autumn,etc....so I best be a good girl.

So far this week, since my weigh in Tuesday I am emailing CDC each day to tell her I have been good. Which is helping me.And I am going to do that each day until I am in ketosis again. And then keep my head screwed on tight.

We'll get there, hey?

What pushes your buttons?:)

Good plan reporting in... Keep yourself accountable. How are your knees? Are you able to do any fitness?

What did you shop for the other day? Was my guess of boots right?

Oh Sorry Mel - I forgot abuot the shopping! Well the shop I specifically mentioned was for clothes. Vintage (Charity Shop ;)) clothes! :D And lots of them.Your money sure goes a long way in those shops. You have to look, but you can find some quality clothing(JaneNorma,KarenMillan, Per Una,etc) for pennies! I gotmostly skirts, and jumpers - and accessories.

'The difference between man and animals is our ability to accessorise" :D I love that quote from Steel Magnolias. :D

I did however have a little Boot Spree recently and bought three new paids!! Sandcolour Suede, Deep Red Seude and some little Brown Boots. :D It;s no wonder my nickname in our Motorcycle Club is "Boots" :D

I am unable to download on to this temporary laptop or I'd have posted pics. Still working on it. I miss all the pics of peoples shopping trips and progress. :)

I hadn;tshoppedreally in nearly a year!!!Since the intervention. :D (Hubby stripped me of my credit cards!! LOL) So its been very fun, this retail therapy.

Morning BL,

Sounds like a fab excursion. Must be do nice to need new clothes in a smaller size. I met some lovely Christain motorcyclists in Florida. They run a respite for ICU family members.

LOL! Awh! BL I think your retail therapy rubbed off on me too. I bought four items (one may be going back) from Laura Ashley because they had 30%. I was figuring hubbie would think wow what a bargain. He's not back yet! I refrained from purchasing shoes only becaue the woman told me they had an offer on 27 and 28 Sept with upto 30% off..........so guess who'll be going back? You have also reminded me that there are two fab charity type shops where I haven't been in a while so I must drop by there too.

Clothes, shoes handbags should be a real good incentive for us to stick to plan........especially the clothes! Shoes and handbags usually are still ok when one is fatter although I have to say when I am heavier than I should be or want to be I really don't feel the same about clothes, fashion etc because I feel like a blip!. So keep emailing you CDC and do drop by on Mini's too. x

What pushes my buttons? (I'm tempted to say "everything" at this point :rolleyes:)

No, but seriously... hmm.

stress, fatigue, worry, feeling undervalued/taken for granted (esp at weekends at home), overwork, perfectionism (mine), seeing the "wrong" number on the scales, clothes being too tight ("Oh well. What's the point then?" etc) - and just the fact that some carbs are sooooooooo tasty! My list of trigger foods is probably about a mile long! Being a martyr, feeling sorry for myself, not standing up for myself, not being assertive, feeling out of control... starting a busy day at work/the long drive home after a busy day at work

You get the picture. Basically - everything!

Which is why packs and ketosis are such a relief. I went off-road on Saturday and wish I hadn't. I will make a different choice next time (didn't want to offend a friend/or be cross-examined by her re doing packs "again").

How's things with you, anyway? Back in ketosis? Back in the swing of things?

(I don't have CCs anymore either by the way. I went MENTAL last year after I lost the six stone. I've always been the one who was good with money. Oops. Just went absolutely bananas. Anyway - am in much better position this year as paid off the cards and cut them up! Cash, cheques and debit cards for me all the way now!)

Hi BL!

Checking in -- I hope that everything is okay.

Helloall.:) I hope everyone is good.

Spangly I totally get everything you said in your post.Everything! Food can certianly push buttons - or rather circumstances can sure push foods button.

Iam not being perfect - but I am being restarined. Not happy with myself - but seems to be all i can give at the moment. But its working - another 2 pounds off this week.

So now officially 2/3 of the way to goal. Phew.

I can also now get back into nearly all my "new" wardrobe from the first time around. not comfortably or in flattering way
yet but i can at least get everything back on and zpped/button - except trousers. Slow to come off my hips bum and tum....think I am going to need to start to tone and do the dreaded sit ups. ugh.

Anyway still happily chugging along.

I am still trying to figure out how to get my photos of my spree on here with the this laptop - I dont think it will work with my phone? I will try it later..I love what I have found. Makes me feel happy. :)

xxx

Have a good night all.

xxxx

Onward and downward we all go!

Awh! BL is it soooo good to hear you are well and doing fine! Fabulous you can get into you "old/new" clothes! That must;ve given you such a buzz! I'm bit of a way off getting in my "old/new" clothes but certainly I can squeeze myself into my tops! My size 14 jeans feel more comfy too rather than slicing me in half on the waist band! Maybe Fashion Week has rubbed off on me and given me that buzz for clothes again OR maybe its just you with you spending spree on boots that has influenced me!! Whichever, it's great. x

I find buying clothes in a smaller size a really good incentive. Its exciting seeing that they will look good - you can tell, knowing your own body, style, etc., so trying something small on, visualizing it on me and then getting there is such a rush! It keeps me going. I have gone moderatly bad - but not diasasterously bad! :D Just enough to get excited about but to be honest I am eqully excited just to get back into the clothes already in my wardrobe as they are still my new wardrobe! iTS ALL GOOD!

Well done on the 14s - thats fab! I can't wait for the trousers to really start shifting. Its about time - everything else is. lol :D

Keep rockin it Kira!! :)

xx

Back