bloody wonderful :(

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
After money Being tight for a while my hubby got a job that was starting to keep us comfortable now they have reduced his hrs from 40 to 3 .... Ive done the math .... Were skint we were pretty hand to mouth anyway but now were back to basic food once my freezer stock runs out .... Looks like beans on toast Is back and spaghetti in a tin the joys ..... Could cry right now

After money Being tight for a while my hubby got a job that was starting to keep us comfortable now they have reduced his hrs from 40 to 3 .... Ive done the math .... Were skint we were pretty hand to mouth anyway but now were back to basic food once my freezer stock runs out .... Looks like beans on toast Is back and spaghetti in a tin the joys ..... Could cry right now

Not that i mind those meals but its been nice having nice varied food

Dont worry chick!! We all go thru months like this!! U r not alone!?!? I am having to put away £459 a month to cover our summer holiday abraod this year!!!! Spendin money, passports, spendin muni??? Dunno how im gna manage?? It will b a struggle but kno i can do it if i cut corners xxx

Dont worry chick!! We all go thru months like this!! U r not alone!?!? I am having to put away £459 a month to cover our summer holiday abraod this year!!!! Spendin money, passports, spendin muni??? Dunno how im gna manage?? It will b a struggle but kno i can do it if i cut corners xxx

It was just really unexpected as i plan meticulasley (spelled wrong) when it comes to money but how can you plan for hubby to lose pretty much his entire wage 19 .50 he will get this week because they reduced his hrs :( .... I wouldnt mind but we have to put our son in a day and a half of nursery so he can work thurs and fri and so we are out of pocket by about 40 quid and thats just to break even

Gosh!! That is such a shame hun!! I am really feeling for you!! What does ypur hubby do for a job?? Could he try and look for something else?? I know job searching for anyone aint great at the moment!! have a clea out and put evrything on ebay?? That has saved my skin a few times!! Xx

Does it say anything in his contract about his hours??? I wouldn't have thought that if he's contracted to 40 hours that they could just take hours off him like that!! Sorry if I've missed something and you've already mentioned this. Really feel for you as I've been in a similar situation, OH couldn't return to his job due to health problems and was out of work for over 6 months.
Hope things get better for you xx

That's awful! How can they just reduce his hours like that? xx

Gosh!! That is such a shame hun!! I am really feeling for you!! What does ypur hubby do for a job?? Could he try and look for something else?? I know job searching for anyone aint great at the moment!! have a clea out and put evrything on ebay?? That has saved my skin a few times!! Xx

Hes a chef and a quiet jan at a New business Means no hrs hes not contracted to a set no of hrs which Is fair enough but down from 40 to 3 Is not good

Hes a chef and a quiet jan at a New business Means no hrs hes not contracted to a set no of hrs which Is fair enough but down from 40 to 3 Is not good

Thats no good to anyone hun!! You wonder how they can justify that and have the cheek to offer him 3 hours!! Is it only going to be for january?? Will his hours go up when things pick up in the restaurant again?? X

Hi Hun would look into seeing what help u could get tax credits? Help with nursery bill ? I have been in this situation many times & it is a worry hope u get some help xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

im not entitled to anything due to my earnings were literally just over the threshold and have a big mortgage too we will have just enough to pay the outgoings nursery and 40 for food petrol etc a week its gonna be tight but ive done the eating on the cheap before i can do it again ive made a massive pan of lentil and veg curry for work next week and its cost me less than £3 for a weeks lunches for me

im not entitled to anything due to my earnings were literally just over the threshold and have a big mortgage too we will have just enough to pay the outgoings nursery and 40 for food petrol etc a week its gonna be tight but ive done the eating on the cheap before i can do it again ive made a massive pan of lentil and veg curry for work next week and its cost me less than £3 for a weeks lunches for me

Have you had a proper benefits check or did you do it yourself online?

I don't work for the benefits agency but my place of work is an alternative office, this means we work with the benefits agency and have a lot more info than is given out on websites for the general public. Benefit checks and completing forms for people is my job so if you want me to take look, I would be more than happy to help if I can.

Have you had a proper benefits check or did you do it yourself online?

I don't work for the benefits agency but my place of work is an alternative office, this means we work with the benefits agency and have a lot more info than is given out on websites for the general public. Benefit checks and completing forms for people is my job so if you want me to take look, I would be more than happy to help if I can.
trust me im entitled to naff all

I really feel for you Catherine Ive not had a job for a year just some occasional temping its awful. I sometimes when shopping see something I like Im always thinking I'll buy that when I get some money TBH I do that in all shops. Its totally crap having no money. We have token meters gas and electric because there is no way I could find £100 & a month for that.

Hopefully the lean time wont last long for you BEST OF LUCK !!!!

sold my ghds and stocked up :D (dont worry didnt use ghds anyway short hair)lol

SAM_1512.jpgSAM_1513.jpgSAM_1514.jpg
ok so heres what i bought from my asian veg shop for just over £15
10kg bag of washed potatoes
9kg bag of onions
30 eggs
2 melons
14 satsumas (2 have been eaten already by my son)
14 apples (2 already eaten by me lol)
and heres what i bought at farmfoods for £15.50
6 packs of dairylea light
a pack of muller lightsa
pack of crunch corners (mega syns theyre the hubbys)
bag of brocoli
spinnach
greenbeans
peas
sweetcorn
cauliflower
2x carrots
leeks
and diced swede
luckily i stocked up on reduced meat at xmas when it was being sold off
so for £31 quid i recon theres at least enough to keep me going a month with top ups of fruit n eggs:):):):)

BARGAIN:D:D:D:D:D:D

What a crappy time for you all :( unfortunately this seems to be the norm these days, you're very lucky if you're in a stable job with stable hours. 3 hours a week is useless isn't it :(

You sound like you're really good at food budgeting, just as well really! X

What a crappy time for you all :( unfortunately this seems to be the norm these days, you're very lucky if you're in a stable job with stable hours. 3 hours a week is useless isn't it :(

You sound like you're really good at food budgeting, just as well really! X

Oh yes i am and Cook from scratch mostly too as its cheaper and food goes further too tend to buy fresh veg these days but when we were really strapped a few yr back it was frozen mainly .... Back to the frozen it Is but i dont mind really as that Means more vitamins and cheaper win win

Back