Extra Easy Blueberries not FREE, shock!

nk2015

i am sad that blueberries is FREE FOOD as i expect it to be Superfree food . i even bough a lot of them and eat over 100g daily and didnt realise im doing wrong!?

today i have all bran crunch golden (60g) oops and then 60g all bran berry with 250 ml milk in a big bowl. then after that 100g greek yogurt liberte ,<free>with 100 g blueberries <free, silly me assume it is super food> and all bran berry and 2 kiwi <realise i need minimum 2 super speed food a day....am i correct?> as my huge first time ever breakfast!!!

usually avoid breakfast cos no hungry. but today i feel very little hungry so i ate huge breakfast. hope am i right? i know i have to pay extra SYNS as i should have 35g all bran limited but it is so tasty i could finish 1 box in 2 or 3 days!
i wish all bran are free food as well!?

so i am already way over Extra Healthy allowance which mean i cant have a bread , or more cereal, in afternoon? so best to have fat free yogurt with fruit , as it said one option A and B which i already use in breakfast.

DUE TO a huge breakfast from 10am to 11am , now its over 2pm and i am still so full and unable to eat lunch! do i must eat fruit alone like an apple to speed up my fat loss, what i do if im so full and need to eat something as i am not hungry. i am crave for chocolate cos not hungry and love chocolate so much!

at the moment i could smell the cereal in my throat this time!!!! 3 hours passed!!!!

hope to have an apple at 3pm.
am off to shopping for buy more fruits and hope i am not eat oreo biscuits whole pack like yesterday craving!!

Thanks!

Hi there...i'm sure blueberries are superfree just not superspeed!

Found this list on another website...post is from 2014 so applies to Extra Easy!

Superfree foods....

apples
apricots
banana
bilberries
blackberry
black currents
blueberry
boysenberry
cape gooseberry
carambola
cashew fruit
cherries
clementine
Cranberry
custard apple
damsons
dragon fruit
elderberry
feijoa
figs
gooseberry
grapefruit
Grapes
greengage
grenadilla
guava
jambu fruit
jujube
kiwano
kiwi
kumquats
lemons
limes
loganberry
loquats
lychees
mammie apples
mandarin
mango
mangosteen
medlar
melon
mulberry
nectarine
orange
ortaniques
papaya
passion fruit
peach
pear
persimmon
pineapple
plums
pomegranate
pomelo
prickly pear
rambutan
Raspberry
redcurrant
rhubarb
sapodilla
satsuma
strawberry
tamarillos
tangerine
tayberry
ugli fruit
whitecurrent

acorn squash
alfalfa sprouts
artichoke
asparagus
aubergine
baby sweetcorn
balor beans
bamboo shoots
bean sprout
beetroot
broccoli
brussel sprouts
butternut squash
Cabbage
capers
carrot
cauliflower
celeriac
celery
chard
chicory
chillies
chinese leaves
chioca
choko
cluster beans
courgette
cucumber
curly kale
endive
fennel
french beans
garlic
gherkin
green beans
karela
kohlrabi
leeks
lettuce
mangetout
marrow
mushrooms
mustard n cress
Okra
onions
pak choi
papri beans
peppers
pumpkin
radicchio
radish
runner beans
salsify
seakale
seaweed
shallots
spaghetti squash
spinich
spring greens
spring onions
sugar snap peas
swede
Tomatoes
turnip
vine leaves
water chestnut
watercress

Last edited:
thanks! where is the 2015 if possible with extra easy super food and super speed food and all lists?
please do let me know about my silly huge breakfast and no hungry, so can i have an apple alone as snack. then 6pm protein shake as i will go gym an hour 5 to 6pm. then 7pm dinner time which i will boil rice basamati and microwave SW iceland sweet potato curry with salad to get boost of super food.

thanks! where is the 2015 if possible with extra easy super food and super speed food and all lists? please do let me know about my silly huge breakfast and no hungry, so can i have an apple alone as snack. then 6pm protein shake as i will go gym an hour 5 to 6pm. then 7pm dinner time which i will boil rice basamati and microwave SW iceland sweet potato curry with salad to get boost of super food.

I can have a look tonight in my food optimising book...will probably be late tonight but i'll mark the superspeed foods for you!

You can have superfree, i.e. any of the fruits and veggies on the list at any time of the day in as big a quantity as you want! Also free foods ate fine as snacks but make sure you don't eat let's say a whole plate of pasta, that might be a bit too much as a snack especially without the 1/3 superfree but a mugshot or a fat free yoghurt for example is perfectly fine!

Dinner sounds lovely...be careful with the protein shake as you have to syn it! If you use milk to make it you can use that as your healthy extra a but the powder in the shake has to be synned at 1 syn per 20kcal!

Are you doing sw from home? I am as well but i went to one meeting (signing up was free) and got all the books as well as i bought the big food directory that has all branded foods, free and synned in it! I call it the slimming world bible, lol

If you have the new books, everything is listed in there.

Blueberries are not a speed food in the new Food Optimising books, they are now just a free food. There are no Superfree foods like there used to be, everything now is just free, and then it can also be either speed or protein foods.

I can't post a pic of the book, but I can assure you they are still free.

If you have the new books, everything is listed in there. Blueberries are not a speed food in the new Food Optimising books, they are now just a free food. There are no Superfree foods like there used to be, everything now is just free, and then it can also be either speed or protein foods. I can't post a pic of the book, but I can assure you they are still free.

Gotta have a good look at the book again...how do you work 1/3 superfree then if they aren't marked as superfree in the books? Or does it have to be 1/3 speed foods now but from the fruit and veg section? So confusing, just as i thought i got it all worked out, lol

Last edited:
Essentially it's 1/3 speed, 1/3 protein and 1/3 pasta/rice/potato etc.

Basically, your superfree have pretty much changed to free (so you can still eat what you want of the fruit/veg) but there are certain ones that are marked as speed as they help speed the losses up.
So what was on the orange pages in the books from last year, is all still free, but not all of them are speed foods...

Does that make any sense?? I'm worried that I know what I'm trying to say but it isn't coming across like it makes sense lol! :)

Essentially it's 1/3 speed, 1/3 protein and 1/3 pasta/rice/potato etc. Basically, your superfree have pretty much changed to free (so you can still eat what you want of the fruit/veg) but there are certain ones that are marked as speed as they help speed the losses up. So what was on the orange pages in the books from last year, is all still free, but not all of them are speed foods... Does that make any sense?? I'm worried that I know what I'm trying to say but it isn't coming across like it makes sense lol! :)

Yes makes perfect sense!!!! Thank you x

Just had another read of the 2015 food optimising book and now i get it...it's still the same but they removed the 1/3 rule of non speed fruit and veg...that's fine! I always knew that my love if bananas, grapes and pinapple is not a speedy way to lose weight...still will have them as a snack as i rarely put them with my meals as the 1/3 anyway...who has a banana with their steak, lol!

thanks! where is the 2015 if possible with extra easy super food and super speed food and all lists? please do let me know about my silly huge breakfast and no hungry, so can i have an apple alone as snack. then 6pm protein shake as i will go gym an hour 5 to 6pm. then 7pm dinner time which i will boil rice basamati and microwave SW iceland sweet potato curry with salad to get boost of super food.

I won't be able to list all the speed foods, there is just too many! Best way to get all the info you need plus a proper introduction to the plan is to go to a group meeting and sign up for 1 or two weeks!

Please note.......... For copyright reasons, recipes, features and photographs from Slimming World books, the magazine and the website shouldn't be outside that publication. We're constantly checking the accuracy of our recipes following updates from manufacturers of basic food, and it's vital we have control over the accuracy of our information. Also, the rights to the photography don't cover additional websites etc. Ultimately, I want to ensure that information available to members is correct and isn't going to affect their weight losses in group. It's for that reason we also ask other companies/websites not to allow lists of foods to be included on their website, including Free Foods, Healthy Extras and Syns copied from the website or from the member book.

That's why i wouldn't list the food and suggested to join a slimming world group to get the proper information!

Lots of terminology is being used on this thread from both the OLD and NEW plans so is causing some confusion.

Some clarity is required here. So I'll have a go - and hope that I don't end up confusing the issue even more.

The old Extra Easy (EE) Plan used the term SUPERFREE - which applied to certain fruit and vegetables.
You could have as much of these as you wanted and were supposed to have 1/3 of them on your plate at each meal to make the EE plan work.
It also used the term Speed and Super-speed and classified certain fruits and veg into this category.
These were foods that were low in energy density compared to others in the group and would help speed your weight loss.
Blueberries were classified as superfree but NOT speed or superspeed.

The link cavegirl13 supplied was to the "Advice to Newbies" thread which was written in 2009 and refrred to this old plan.
The details on post 1 of the thread are now way out of date (and the original writer of this post has updated it to say as much) - so ignore this link if you are trying to stick to the New 2015 plan.

On 1st January 2015 SW streamlined the EE Plan - and introduced something called Extra Easy SP (EESP).
The new EE plan introduced two NEW terms . . . Speed and Protein and they got rid of the term Supefree - it was confusing people.
All free foods have been classifed into one of 3 categories
1) Speed
2) Protein
3) blank - i.e. just Free Food.

Blueberries are in the BLANK category so are now just a free food - so can still be eaten on EE as and when you want.
BUT they are not in either the Speed or Protein categories and are therefore restriucted foods BUT ONLY if you are doing an EESP day.

strawberryshortcake - they haven't removed the 1/3 rule.
What the plan now says is . . .
Speed foods are very low in energy density (calories) so they have extra slimming power! For the best results, enjoy at least one third of a plate of Speed foods at each mealtime (wherever you can) and reach for them first between meals.
Hope this has cleared things up a bit - if not shout up if you need more info.

Wow thank you for clarify now I understand better in your post than many other posts so confuse n took me over a week to understand, so blueberries is blank, I will buy frozen berries that are super speed food if raspberries, black currant, strawberries at tesco, first time! Hope it's correct to help me speed lose weight so I can put them in greek yogurt n all bran berry tomorrow morning with some almond milk to less sour from greek yogurt n help softer all bran berry

Lots of terminology is being used on this thread from both the OLD and NEW plans so is causing some confusion. Some clarity is required here. So I'll have a go - and hope that I don't end up confusing the issue even more. The old Extra Easy (EE) Plan used the term SUPERFREE - which applied to certain fruit and vegetables. You could have as much of these as you wanted and were supposed to have 1/3 of them on your plate at each meal to make the EE plan work. It also used the term Speed and Super-speed and classified certain fruits and veg into this category. These were foods that were low in energy density compared to others in the group and would help speed your weight loss. Blueberries were classified as superfree but NOT speed or superspeed. The link cavegirl13 supplied was to the "Advice to Newbies" thread which was written in 2009 and refrred to this old plan. The details on post 1 of the thread are now way out of date (and the original writer of this post has updated it to say as much) - so ignore this link if you are trying to stick to the New 2015 plan. On 1st January 2015 SW streamlined the EE Plan - and introduced something called Extra Easy SP (EESP). The new EE plan introduced two NEW terms . . . Speed and Protein and they got rid of the term Supefree - it was confusing people. All free foods have been classifed into one of 3 categories 1) Speed 2) Protein 3) blank - i.e. just Free Food. Blueberries are in the BLANK category so are now just a free food - so can still be eaten on EE as and when you want. BUT they are not in either the Speed or Protein categories and are therefore restriucted foods BUT ONLY if you are doing an EESP day. strawberryshortcake - they haven't removed the 1/3 rule. What the plan now says is . . . Speed foods are very low in energy density (calories) so they have extra slimming power! For the best results, enjoy at least one third of a plate of Speed foods at each mealtime (wherever you can) and reach for them first between meals. Hope this has cleared things up a bit - if not shout up if you need more info.

Hi pommette...teaches me to read the book properly, lol...because i've started sw in 2013 i kind of still have the old ee in my head...had a good read yesterday and things are a lot clearer now!

Thank you Pommette! This is what I wanted to say, but it didn't feel like my comment made much sense!
It's one of those things where I know what I'm talking about, but I'm not quite sure that it's clear to anyone else! :)

Much of the info is still very relevant - it just needs the terminolgy changing to 2015 language.

the new EESP dont show superspeed. so i prefer EE where it show strawberries is speed super.

i wish they could add show SS (Super) in EESP.

Back