Blue's Daily Diary

Oh no! I'm hoping to just eat normally on the up days and try and not go mental! I'll be sticking to foods like I've been eating the last week so I should be ok...I may allow myself a packet of low cal crisps (quavers, french fries, walkers baked or something) on my up days but I'm not sure I have enough will power to have just 1 packet yet.

I have just done 90 minutes of cleaning, non-stop!
And 10 minutes on my vibration plate, now I know this doesn't burn calories but it's supposed to help with toning and I need all the help I can get as I lose weight (don't want really bad saggy skin)

Does anyone know any decent moisturisers to use? Maybe ones that are skin firming?
I used to use one but it's not available any more.

Oooh I just got a 2nd hand vibroplate but haven't used it yet - it's also supposed to be really good for the internal fat around organs...do you do exercises on it?

Re skin moisturisers, coconut oil is supposed to be fab for firming.

Not sure about firmers but I'd probably go for Nivea - I love the blue tubs :)

Drinking lots of water helps soften and clear yoru skin up too :)

Sorry to hear about the situation with your brother. I'd definitely give him a time limit of say 4-6 weeks and stick to it.

This is your time to look after you! You don't need a freeloader upsetting you and making you feel bad and then making you turn to bad choices. We're here for you love xx

Hope you get on well with them love :)

would it help to get around the supermarket in the early hours? i hate it more than usual at the moment with all the kids around and extra busy. I try and either have things delivered or go between 5 and 7 am

My brother (he takes me and my mum) gets home from work at about 7am and that's when we go, I can't go if he decides to go later than that. Anything after 9am is a huuuuuuge no-no!
I had such a bad panic attack in there once that I passed out :(

Phew, just did another Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk. The more exercise I do...the more I want to do! The 1 mile walk is getting so much easier, I'll soon be ready for the 2 miles at once.

Weigh in tomorrow!
Hoping I've had a decent loss but not expecting much.

Have a horrible tugging pain in my lower left back (right above my bum!) so think totm is on its way, as long as it doesn't effect my loss it's fine.

Weigh in #1

Totm is on the way and I am bloated and urgh but I have still

LOST 8lbs!!!
:talk017:

I keep comparing my losses to weeks on VLCD's or my losses the first time I did calorie counting/xenical and I need to stop doing that!
I'm losing less now even though I'm heavier but I'm doing things the right way.
I couldn't stick to vlcd's and last time I did calorie counting I was only eating about 800-1000 cals a day and exercising loads (so both not easy to stick to long term.

What I'm doing this time doesn't really seem like a diet. I know I'm trying the 4:3 thing and having low calorie days but if I get hungry I will just turn it into a normal calorie day...simple!
There are no real rules or restrictions this time. I am just making better choices with my food and exercising more.
Hopefully this will be something I can stick to for good and get all this weight off.
I would LOVE to be a size 18 by the time I go on holiday next May (currently a 26/28)

Today's food - Fri 15th Aug 2014. Day 8

Breakfast
- Small banana
- Tesco low fat vanilla yogurt

Lunch
Homemade 'pizza'
- 1 warburtons square wholemeal sandwich wrap
- 50g Tesco tomato and garlic pizza sauce
- 50g pilgrims choice mature cheddar
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 pack quorn pepperoni
- Served with lettuce, cucumber and spring onions

I have to say this is the best tasting 'pizza' ever! I wasn't sure if it'd have any flavour but it had tons, sooooo nice.
For the whole thing it was 505 calories and 26g fat. Much better than a shop bought pizza, maybe not much better calorie wise but it has less fat and whatnot.
Next time I will use less cheese and a low fat cheese to save some calories and fat grams.
Now, I've had the whole thing (piggy mode today!) but you could easily have half with sweet potato wedges/chips/garlic bread/whatever else you have pizza with :D

Dinner
- 2 quorn sausages
- 200g heinz reduced salt and sugar baked beans
- 2 medium eggs, scrambled
- 1 small pear

Snacks
- Strawberry petits filous, frozen
- 2 celery sticks
- 40g tesco healthy living extra light soft cheese

Total calories - 1273
Total fat - 46g

Last edited:
Awww lovely, I understand entirely. Hate shopping full stop. Not so bad online but in person.... panic stations. Hate it!

WOW at the loss! You are AMAZING! Well done lovely :)

Fantastic loss. Well done!
I love the Warburton's wrap as a pizza base. I'm gluten intolerant, but they even do a gluten free one, which is brilliant. I especially like the fact that they are quite large, but thin, so you a lovely big pizza for very few calories for the base! Piggy, moi? Never!

I had never tried the warburtons thin pizza thingy before so it was all new to me (a very yummy new!)
Is there a way to get the middle a little crispier?
My pizza was lovely and crispy round the edges but kinda soft in the middle, not that it mattered a whole lot but I do like crispy base pizza.

Yep, I know what you mean about the middle. Last time I cut mine into four pieces before putting the toppings on. Still a little bit softer in the middles, but more crispy edges!

Ok so I'm going to post some pics of the yummy food I've been eating. Sorry if the pics come out big, I'm using photobucket.

This is 250g quorn cottage pie and salad with sweet chilli sauce

100g Tesco spinach and ricotta tortelloni with tomatoes and cucumber

New potatoes with extra light soft cheese, quorn with sweet chilli sauce, and salad

My scrummy pizza :D On a dinner plate to show size.

And with salad

2 quorn sausages, scrambled egg, reduced salt and sugar baked beans

Today's food - Sat 16th Aug 2014. Day 9

Breakfast
- 50g shreddies
- 150ml semi skimmed milk
- Small banana

Lunch
- Same pizza as yesterday, this time though I used 30g cheese not 50g which has saved me about 80 calories and 7g fat!
- Tesco low fat greek style layered yogurt - cherry

Dinner
- 2 wholemeal pitta bread
- 150 tesco healthy living coleslaw
- Lettuce
- 1 apple

Total calories - 1499
Total fat - 44g

Last edited:
OOOOOOOOOOOOO I love those pizzas what I do to crisp the base a little is whilst the oven is warming or grill just pop the base in for 5 mins while your prepping the toppings it sort of stiffens it up a little before base goes on I also use tom puree with a lil bit of smoked paprika as a base thats yummy !!

Loving your food pics !!!

Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna try that next time. I looooove the pizzas so much (but wont eat them too often!)
Also gonna try the tomato puree and smoked paprika, although I don't think I've ever tried paprika before...hope it's nice :D

It gives everything a warm smokey taste its gorgeous in a soup with BNS and red peppers im so glad I just signed back in I need that in my tesco shop this week lol

Today's food - Sunday 17th Aug 2014. Day 10

Well it is another 'down day' today.

Breakfast
- Slim and save vanilla shake

Lunch
- Tesco sweet and spicy noodle soup in a mug
- Petits filous - strawberry

Dinner
- Salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onion) with sweet chilli sauce
- 2 quorn fillets

Snacks
- 100g red grapes

Total calories - 480
Total fat 6g

Last edited:
Bit nervous today!
I have ALWAYS wanted to foster dogs but before now I was in a flat (flat from hell) and before that I was living with my family and wasn't allowed a dog at either place.
So now I have a lovely house with an enclosed garden and a huge dog walking trail at the end of the lane I live down (about 30 seconds from my front door)

In about 20 minutes I have a lady from the rspca coming to homecheck me and hopefully I will pass and become a dog fosterer :D
I've met the lady before because a few years back I fostered small animals for them.

I love animals and have a few already
- A cat called Darcy
- 2 bunnies called Henry and Angel
- 4 hamsters called Kasper, Indy, Apollo and a new one who doesn't have a name yet.
Sadly they all have bad pasts but they are safe and happy here with me now :)

My beautiful Darcy who was kicked out of her family home after 11 years because her 'owners' had had a baby. I've had her since March and she settled in very quickly.

My little Angel and cheeky Henry
Angel is 10 1/2 years old. She was bred constantly for about 1 year and when she wasn't having babies any more she was dumped in a rescue. I've had her since 2005.

Henry was kept in a 2ft hutch (my hamster cages are bigger than that!) at the end of a garden for 6 years, he would often break out and take himself on adventures. His hutch fell apart last year so his owner decided to give him to a rescue.
Henry is a big boy at 5kg, he has no tail due to a tumour and his ears have a mind of their own!

Back