BMI 25 can i still do ss as i have been

kirsty7kids

my cdc told me that because my BMI was i think 25 that i should really do AAM week all the time and not to ss,but i have been ssing as i want to weigh around 9 stone for christmas,will this be ok
thankyou
kirsty

my cdc told me that because my BMI was i think 25 that i should really do AAM week all the time and not to ss,but i have been ssing as i want to weigh around 9 stone for christmas,will this be ok
thankyou
kirsty

Hi Kirsty...think ur not supposed to SS under BMI 26....

but I'm sure a CDCwill be along in a mo to confirm what you can do... :)

Debz
xx

thankyou
kirsty

You should really be on 790....not sole source. You need to protect your lean muscle tissue....it's not good being on SS at BMI 25. Get eating girl. xx

thankyou for that,the problem i have is if i add a bit of food i havnt got got willpower and wont be able to stick to 790,if i just ss untill christmas eve will it be ok
thankyou
kirsty

Kirsty....seriously....christmas is a long time......EAT NOW. You will be burning muscle tissue as we speak and that is not good or healthy.

Do 790...it's nice and easy. Just small protein and veg...you get used to it.

This is for your health......come on. The losses aren't much different and if you have the will power to SS, then you have the determination to do 790.

790 does not kick you out of Ketosis by all acounts, unless you are very sensitive so you should be fine on that, I enjoy 790 very much and have lost 4lbs per week on it.

You dont want to make yourself ill just doing SS. You will be surprised at the control you will still have on 790, I haven't even wanted to cheat at all. Plus its enjoyable having a little chicken and veg every day or some cottage cheese x

nicole and vicky i know you are right,but i havnt got any plain chicken in the house now so i will have to start this tommorrow.
thankyou for the great advice,my cdc didnt explain why i should do AAM week,only the BMI
thankyou again

Interesting! I'm BMI 25.5..aiming for losing another stone taking me to about BMI 23, My LLc hasnt said anything about stopping SS! I have been nibbling chicken and kind of using LL packs but adding protein if I get the chew factor!:cool:

What should i do dy think?:confused:

Cheers ladies....:rolleyes:

Hi Oli, Im not sure about LL, I dont know enough about it!!!! Sure someone will pop on and tell us in a while, if not is it worth having a word with your LLC?? How does LL work, do they give you a plan to maintain like with the 790 1000 1200 etc on CD? Sorry I cant help!

On LL, they let you SS down to BMI 22, as I understand it but on CD the recommendation is to start CD1000 when your BMI gets to 25. This is due to the risk of losing lean muscle tissue as your body hasn't got the excess fat to burn.

I was told this on my training day and the trainers were very strict about it!

I know it's hard - it's much easier to lose weight on SS than it is to curb your appetite, but that's the company guidelines, I'm afraid.

What does it actually mean then ''Burning lean muscle!'' I may be at BMi 25 now but I have plenty more fat to burn...wont the burning go straight for the fat? I'd hate it to attack the muscle and leave me with the fat...also REALLY concerned about 'startvation mode' as my losses have slowed to halting point!:eek:

So much more confusion and question as SS nears a close...so much simpler in the beginning!:rolleyes:

AARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

On CD the recommendation is to start CD1000 when your BMI gets to 25.

That's true, Issy, but from BMI 25, you need one week of Step 1: Addameal, then a minimum of 1 week on Step 2: 790 Cal/day, before moving onto Step 3: 1,000 Cal/day.

It's actually always been like that, but is made clearer in the newest version of the Yellow Book (Weight Care with Cambridge, version 3.3).....

Things that I always thought set in stone change every few weeks now, courtesy of constant research and development...doesn't make remembering it very easy!

L

What does it actually mean then ''Burning lean muscle!'' I may be at BMi 25 now but I have plenty more fat to burn...wont the burning go straight for the fat? I'd hate it to attack the muscle and leave me with the fat...also REALLY concerned about 'startvation mode' as my losses have slowed to halting point!:eek:

So much more confusion and question as SS nears a close...so much simpler in the beginning!:rolleyes:

AARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Its so much easier without the food isnt it, never ever thought Id say that!

Dont forget the packs are different with CD and LL, and they are both regulated so nothing is dangerous if you follow the guidelines for what ever plan you are doing.

That's true, Issy, but from BMI 25, you need one week of Step 1: Addameal, then a minimum of 1 week on Step 2: 790 Cal/day, before moving onto Step 3: 1,000 Cal/day.

It's actually always been like that, but is made clearer in the newest version of the Yellow Book (Weight Care with Cambridge, version 3.3).....

Things that I always thought set in stone change every few weeks now, courtesy of constant research and development...doesn't make remembering it very easy!

L

It is confusing, isn't it!

On my training day, my BMI was 23 so Peggy and Lisa told me to go straight onto CD 1000 and supervised my buffet lunch cos I was all confused lol! Other CDCs told me on the day that you should go onto the steps up to AAM/790 etc from BMI 26 !?!?!

Dunno! lol

Hi,

It is confusing. The rule is anyone with less than a stone over BMI25 should not do a VLCD that is SS, AAM and 790.

So if you are BMI 27 you need to have food.

Linda

Back