BMI needs to be below 30 minimum

JosieJo12

Hi all,

I started Cambridge in November and did pretty well (12 lbs in 3 weeks) but then Xmas and new year happened, I ate too much, and gained 3lbs and struggled to start back up again!

So today is the new day for Cambridge!

I am currently 12stone 6lb and at 5foot 2 that makes my BMI 31.8
I've never been to bothered about BMI as long as I was happy with my size and health, but we are now ready to begin ivf treatment and for this my BMI has to be below 30 so my journey begins!

I need to lose a minimum of a stone but would rather take the BMI to about 28 to play it safe!

So.... My aim is 28lbs ASAP!

I also have my grandad's 80th birthday celebrations on April 7th with my sisters and cousins and all their perfect bodies and perfect babies! So the pressure is on to look and more importantly feel amazing!!

I work shift work (14 hour days or nights) so find it tough with the 3 shakes, but am determined that determination will win! And am just telling myself that no food tastes as good as getting my interim (gdads birthday) and end (a baby) results!!!!

Jo

wow - you're really close - you'll be there in no time!

I also haave to get below BMI 30 for IVF. Currently about 18lbs off there (have lost 84lbs!), but like you, aiming for about BMI 28 to take into account dodgy scales and afternoon weigh-ins.

Good luck!

ooh ems - how long did you wait from your gp referral to see the consultant? and then was there a further waiting list for treatment? I know it'll vary around the country but an idea would be great.

that's fine - just deduced that from your diary. congrats, though! exciting times!

If its any help we are on nhs this time round (went private last time as nhs stopped paying for it due to recession!) we got referred by our consultant mid may and we received a call from ivf clinic early June. But I've been putting it off and off as terrified about it all due to previous history etc.
But I never went through go first as I work as a midwife so went straight to the gynae consultant I work with who sorted it!!! But it's taken 5 years to get this far!

If you need any advice/have questions about fertility stuff just ask! The ivf process is a ***** but if it gets us our dream baby then it's worth it! I had 2 ectopics conceived with clomid and have had 1 cycle of ivf, got pregnant with twins but their heartbeats stopped at 10weeks. Hence the delay in starting again!

it's so scary to think that conception is only the first battle. can't even begin to think about going that far and then suffering a tragedy...

for me, the problem is getting the actual egg-sperm encounter to happen. his swimmers are fine (younger man, innit?;)), my FSH levels (and other bloods) are great, I have great-looking follicles and a good egg count for my age... but one tube is irreversibly knackered, and the other likely has damage (given the time we've been trying and all other factors being healthy). So IVF it must be. *sigh*

Hi,

I have a whole new incentive to lose weight and the ivf is now on hold.... My husband has booked us a holiday at the end of June to Jamaica for 2 weeks!!!

So, that's 21 weeks away, if I can lose 2lb a week from now till we leave that's 3 stone down and I'll be 9st! Challenge accepted!
Then we can look at starting ivf in July/August!!!

Wow! We have been looking at Holidays. Want to go to Orlando but not sure yet x

Orlando was on our list of options, we looked at Jamaica, Florida, Cuba, Maldives, Mexico, Aruba, Dominican, goa, and Kenya! I fancied Kenya safari but I let him choose as I've picked the holidays for the past 10 years!!! Soooo excited!

Back