BMI of 39 just crept up on me!

charlottetat

Hi Everyone.

I'm Charlotte, I'm 5'10" and weigh in at 19 stone. I've always been tall and felt like I'm bigger in height and weight than my friends and I think this is why I didn't realise just how big I'd gotten, it was a shock when the Dr weighed me and told me I'd hit 19St 3lb!!

Now it's hit me that I need to lose weight not only for my self esteem but also for my health, the problem is knowing that I've got at least 6 stone to lose is so overwhelming! That's why I joined the site, I figure that with some mutual support and banter with others in the same boat, I might be able to keep up the will power and the morale. I'm not following any specific diet, just trying to eat a lot less!

That's all so I'll speak to some of you soon :)

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Looks like we are in quite similar situations weight wise. I also don't follow any diet but try to eat more healthy and snack less. Lost half a stone so far.
Just need to find some fun exercise I can do at home now:). X

I hope that you manage to find the inspiration that you need to achieve your target - where you feel comfortable and happy.

Thanks.

Tessa2000 said:
Hello and welcome to the forum,

Looks like we are in quite similar situations weight wise. I also don't follow any diet but try to eat more healthy and snack less. Lost half a stone so far.
Just need to find some fun exercise I can do at home now:). X

Have you tried the wii there's loads of good games that are lots of fun i play just dance 1,2&3 and zumba its great room start you off you can dance as long as you like and i get covered in sweat after a hour x

Have you tried the wii there's loads of good games that are lots of fun i play just dance 1,2&3 and zumba its great room start you off you can dance as long as you like and i get covered in sweat after a hour x

Hello,

Sadly I haven't got Wii. But I was thinking of getting a zumba dvd. Also just saw advert fir strictly come dancing school dvd. So might get that too :)
Hopefully I can get active that way. Is zumba good fun? X

Zumba is fast paced and for me requires a bit too much coordination. I think if you are more coordinated than me (which is most of the population) or just not as hard on yourself for not getting it right then it would be loads of fun, sweaty fun but still fun.

Alsmum said:
Zumba is fast paced and for me requires a bit too much coordination. I think if you are more coordinated than me (which is most of the population) or just not as hard on yourself for not getting it right then it would be loads of fun, sweaty fun but still fun.

I was all over the place when i started but after a few goes it gets easyer and even if your doing it wrong your still burning calories, a hour of zumba burns up 2 1000 calories for some women. And its fun!! Xx

Hey! New on here too, i have been on weight watchers since 17 stone crept up on me! Im only 5 ft 1! Totally feel the same about the long way to go, i have lost 3 and arf so far but still another 4 n arf to go for my ideal weight! Ive been doin it 7 months now and a slow steady weight loss is the way forward! Make sure u treat youself when u need to and dont totally deprive urself otherwise it will feel too 'diety' and will go out the window! Best thing to do is make small changes like full sugar drinks for diet, full fat crisp for baked or low fat like quavers etc, cheddar for mozzerella these are just a couple that have really helped me, and if u dont like them they will soon get to be the norm and you wont even like the taste of the full fat ones!! Anywho woffaled enough, good luck speak soon! Ooo and take measurements coz the scales may not always show a loss but the invhes will tell!! Xx

Ls98197 said:
Hey! New on here too, i have been on weight watchers since 17 stone crept up on me! Im only 5 ft 1! Totally feel the same about the long way to go, i have lost 3 and arf so far but still another 4 n arf to go for my ideal weight! Ive been doin it 7 months now and a slow steady weight loss is the way forward! Make sure u treat youself when u need to and dont totally deprive urself otherwise it will feel too 'diety' and will go out the window! Best thing to do is make small changes like full sugar drinks for diet, full fat crisp for baked or low fat like quavers etc, cheddar for mozzerella these are just a couple that have really helped me, and if u dont like them they will soon get to be the norm and you wont even like the taste of the full fat ones!! Anywho woffaled enough, good luck speak soon! Ooo and take measurements coz the scales may not always show a loss but the invhes will tell!! Xx

Hi, I'm 5'3" so I know how the weight shows up when you're vertically challenged! I'm on Weight Watchers lost about 6 and put on 3. Last week I had lost 1/2. Hopefully this week will be a loss. I go to Bellydance 2-3 times a week. It's not as intense as Zumba, but I love it. :) I find that getting some exercise helps a lot. Good luck on your road to weight loss!! Terri xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I did used to try the sayin im not overweight but im undertall but didnt seem to cut it when the scales were screamin get off! Lol belly dancin dounds fun, thats why i started volleyball, need something to entertain me not just go sit in a gym for an hour, i would get bored and wouldnt go! Lol well done and good luck to you too :) x

Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks for all the welcomes :)

Ha, Alsmum, I bought Zumba for Xbox connect and ended up twisting my ankle because the footwork is so fast and complicated! It's definately one for the more co-ordinated people!

Charlottetat - you ok? I hope you didn't hurt your ankle too much.

Yes I'm fine thanks Alsmum, I was just a bit too ambitous going from doing no excersise at all to doing a full on Zumba session :p Especially for someone with two left feet. I've got something for Kinect now called My Shape and it's much safer!

Yeah, that sounds a better choice - let me know how you get on with it, I am getting kinetic for my son for Christmas so will be looking for things I can use as well.

Back