BNS - what is this?

What's the oil you used Hun? Do you know the pp for it?

its from our local deli and the oil is called drogheria and alimentari. Its a mix of sunflower, x virgin oil, garlic and parsley.The pocket guide lists sunflower and olive oil @ 1 pp per 5ml/tsp so have been using that figure. The bottle is 80ml and in that there is only 0.7% garlic and 0.5% pasley so thinks its ok to treat it as just oil :)

Do people leave the skins on or off their BNS chips?? I kinda feel like the skin one's wouldn't be nice, but will wait to hear what people think!!

i always peel mine, ive heard some ppl do leave the skin on but i havent tried it like that, think it might be a bit tough but i dunno

I don't bother to peel my BNS. I just chop it into the wedges and pop it into the oven. They're fantastic like that and not tough at all.

I have to say that after reading this thread i tried BNS last night... gave it to my boys when weaning them, but never tried it myself! And... yuck! Lol! Made the BNS and red pepper soup, managed a few spoonfuls and gave up! Not for me at all!

Back