Body doin straaaaange things

Hollyhoo

Hi good mornin folks
Been doin s's for 4 and a half weeks now and have noticed a couple of odd things, firstly runny nose, bout a week in my nose started running havn't got a cold but all of sudden without warning my nose starts to run........wot's that about? Also noticed nails are going very brittle despite at least 4ltr of water a day usually more. Whoops should of said 3 things lastly (you'll be glad to hear) lol, totm hadn't had one for over two years thought all that was behind me, then shock horror week and a half in it appeared for 8 days then more shock horror two weeks later its back again. Am not used to this any ideas why??

Wk 1 - 16lb :D
Wk 2 - 4lb :)
Wk 3 - 3lb :)
Wk 4 - 3lb :)
Wk 5 - w/i Tuesday

Firstly - congratulations on doing so well.

Everyone seems to have a period (so to speak) of readjustment with their monthlies when they start. Mine have normalised I think now but they were all over the shop and heavier, frequent etc when I first started... this was scary seeing as they are usually very light, last 3-5 days and like clockwork 28 days. CD totally went haywire but seems totally normal now.

It seems this is the bodies reaction to feeding it the right amount of nutrients probably for the first time in it's life!

As for brittle nails, I also haven't found the diet has strengthened them like other people but I do need to start treating them better anyway.

Keep going I'm sure you'll be fine in a month or so.

totm usually shows up when not expected due to the hormones stored in the fat tissue being released as the fat is burnt off. your totm showing up is a sign that all that fat is disappearing :D

abz xx

Hello! Yeh, it does seem to do very funny things, but I think they are all worth it in the end if you get to a healthy weight. There's not much you can do about the monthlies, and not sure about the runny nose, but perhaps you can get some nail strenghtener in the mean time- at least that will help with one of the problems! And well done, you've done really well so far!

strange not had any of the above dont have totm as have a coil fitted, but have had hair loss x

My TOTM's are all over the place, and I have suffered awful PMT (this past week I have been an emotional wreck).
I have noticed in the past fortnight that each hair wash is washing more than just dirt out.....funny how a few extra strands of hair in the plughole can send you into despair! Alas, no bald patches, so it is just thinning out rather than falling out.
Also, even tho I haven't been in ketosis for a while, I am permanantly cold, especially my hands and nose!

LOL- i've got the random nose running as well, no sign of a cold but often when i bend over it runs with no warning, i thought i was having a nosebleed the other day, really odd!

Also my nails ahve been fantastic for the last 6 weeks, then suddenly this week they are all peeling and brittle, have only got 3 decent ones left!

xxx

Now that's so weird, I've spent the last few days thinking I was coming down with cold 'cause my nose has been running so much even though I had no other symptoms.

What Abz says about the hormones in fat is spot on - I have PCOS, which is hormone related, and my gynae has told me that losing weight will help relieve all the horrid symptoms 'cause my hormones will stabilise. Nothing much has happened yet except my skin seems to be getting better, but that could be all the water, byt fingers crossed :D

Is there anybody else out there with PCOS who's seen any change in their symptoms?

My nails are really awful at the mo, but there is a Sally Hansen miracle cure treatment which is good. It's in a cardboard box and it's a blue bottle.

Yup. You're not alone on the period front. Started vlcd at the end of June and I have had four periods since -- two of them in August, barely a week apart. Seems to have settled down now. Fingers crossed.

runny nose im wondering if its down to being properly hydrated

just once my wee girl had a peg tube fitted and she was getting the right level of fluids she became a drool monster with a perminant runny nose

Back