Body Fat Percentage!

HPSaucy

Will get there one day!
This morning while at the gym I had a health check.. I was expecting my body fat to be a lot but having never had it done before I wasn't expecting nearly 50%!!

On a plus side I got my measurements out from when I started SW end of Jan, I've lost 3 inches from my bust, 5 inches from my waist and 5 1/2 inches from my thighs.. I'm really pleased.

Just need to get cracking to shift the body fat, has anyone else had there's measured and how is yours? How did you bring it down? X

I have the scales that measure it (lastest in my sig!). It will just come down as you lose weight. I know my was around 43% when I started and now it is 41 % ish.

So, your current lean mass is 112 lbs - to bring your BF down to about 30% you would need to be approx 160 lbs (assuming your lean mass stays the same) - I think!

I'm just looking forward to the day when both my BMI and BF% say normal/healthy!

112lb.. I couldn't ever imagine slimming down to that lol!

I don't have scales at home as think I'd be constantly weighing myself, do you find you do that?

I don't have scales at home as think I'd be constantly weighing myself, do you find you do that?

I would of laughed my ass off if someone suggested to me last year that I'd be anywhere NEAR 112lb. And I sit here today 7lb away! Don't think anything is out of your reach babe!

Funny i had mine done today i was 53%
Was a very sobering thot that over haf my body is fat
But im looking forward to seeing it comeing down

It will come down. You've already lost a lot already :)

happyhealthy said:
I would of laughed my ass off if someone suggested to me last year that I'd be anywhere NEAR 112lb. And I sit here today 7lb away! Don't think anything is out of your reach babe!

Thank you. How much have you lost then? I really want to do it for me this time, this website is helping immensely x

largelesley said:
Funny i had mine done today i was 53%
Was a very sobering thot that over haf my body is fat
But im looking forward to seeing it comeing down

Very scary isn't it, knew it would be bad but not quite that bad! X

Thank you. How much have you lost then? I really want to do it for me this time, this website is helping immensely x

I've lost 60lb, might not be that much to some but I'm only 5 foot so that's more than a 1/3 of my body weight! You can do it - if I can, anyone can!

happyhealthy said:
I've lost 60lb, might not be that much to some but I'm only 5 foot so that's more than a 1/3 of my body weight! You can do it - if I can, anyone can!

60lb is really great, you must be so chuffed.. I just need to stay motivated x

HPsaucy - when I first got my fat measuring scales at home (so possibly not as accurate as the measurement that you had done) my body fat was about 51% and I had already lost over 2 stone. Now my body fat is around 37% (ish) at 5.5 stone lost. Obviously still high but much better. So it will come off. I haven't done much exercise (although I keep intending to !) but I'm sure that would make more difference if I can move my lazy bum :p

So don't worry, just keep at it and the % points will just keep dropping :)

Gail x

Thank you Gail, I've already lost almost 2stone so all I could think was blinking Norah how much was it before?!

It's good to know it will come down if I keep up the good work x

You are not supposed to have 0% fat though!! That would have you dead probably! Need to be between 20% and 30% for a woman, in general.

I weigh myself every morning and log it on fridgegraph - have done so for 15 months now. I vowed to do it then pertty much for life! I actually find it really useful in combination to being weighed at class once a week. I am only going to log my BF% each time I get a sticker in class though!

zeke is completely right. Women shouldn't go below 23% if you're above 30 (or 21% for a adult below 30). If your body doesn't have enough of this essential fat then you're organs (like reproductive system, liver, kidneys etc) will start to shut down. That's why a lot of anorexics don't have periods and have fertility problems later in life, because there low body fat caused so many problems.

People treat fat like a bad thing - but it's not, it's actually a very very good thing! Only too much fat is a bad thing!

agree with all posters above,

my Bf was about 43% I think when I started and now down to about 34%, I wish I had recorded it regularly now along with inches and weight, still hindsight is always 20/20 :)

agree with all posters above,

my Bf was about 43% I think when I started and now down to about 34%, I wish I had recorded it regularly now along with inches and weight, still hindsight is always 20/20 :)

Oh my - you're getting married in 14 days! whoop :D

I know whoop whoop indeed, lol, this time in 2 weeks I'll be a married woman !!

I bet you'll be gorgeous! All the best babe, it's lovely to hear about someone going to be happily married! :D

thanks very much, I'll be sure to post some pics when I get back form my honeymoon x

Back