Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

% Body Fat

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Fuzzys Angel, 18 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Can anyone tell me what a normal body fat% should be.... Before starting LL my body fat scales wouln't register my body fat (if over 50% my scale would only show FATE, i'm asuming this meant fatal?:eek: ). Within the first 2 weeks they showed 48.9% body fat now i'm down to 33.2%......What is a normal range? Does anyone know?

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Hi there, this was discussed yesterday as well...for a woman it's:

acceptable 25-30%
    healthy 20-25
    athlete 15-20

These are a bit general as opinions are divided even amongst experts about what a healthy body fat percentage should be, but it definitely shouldn't be below 10-13% for a woman.

4. Fuzzys Angel

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanx kate, that gives me a guildline to what i should be...
    xxx

5. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Mandi

Glad Kate was around with her knowledge and link for you.
    I've been around 29-30% since being 22-23 BMI. It seemed high to me but I knew I hadn't been doing any exercise. I've just started the gym this week so I will be interested to see if it will reduce now even if I do not lose much more weight.

I didn't measure my bodyfat at the start I was too chicken even though I had the scales. You have done a really fab job with the weightloss and bodyfat %.

Dizzy x

6. olijames

olijames Member

Diet:
    LL-SSing
    hi guys

I have the tanita body fat% monitor scales but have just really used them for weight..not using to full potential. Without the instructions hub and i can not work out how to get body fat to display.....have got as far as putting my age/height into memory...

Can anyone help ....Im intrigued to know my % body fat.....:cool:

7. Fuzzys Angel

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Just found this on another post........

[​IMG]

8. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    I like that chart, way more generous!

Dizzy x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.