% Body Fat

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Fuzzys Angel, 18 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Can anyone tell me what a normal body fat% should be.... Before starting LL my body fat scales wouln't register my body fat (if over 50% my scale would only show FATE, i'm asuming this meant fatal?:eek: ). Within the first 2 weeks they showed 48.9% body fat now i'm down to 33.2%......What is a normal range? Does anyone know?

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

Hi there, this was discussed yesterday as well...for a woman it's:

acceptable 25-30%
    healthy 20-25
    athlete 15-20

These are a bit general as opinions are divided even amongst experts about what a healthy body fat percentage should be, but it definitely shouldn't be below 10-13% for a woman.

4. Fuzzys Angel

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanx kate, that gives me a guildline to what i should be...
    xxx

5. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Mandi

Glad Kate was around with her knowledge and link for you.
    I've been around 29-30% since being 22-23 BMI. It seemed high to me but I knew I hadn't been doing any exercise. I've just started the gym this week so I will be interested to see if it will reduce now even if I do not lose much more weight.

I didn't measure my bodyfat at the start I was too chicken even though I had the scales. You have done a really fab job with the weightloss and bodyfat %.

Dizzy x

6. olijames

olijames Member

Diet:
    LL-SSing
    hi guys

I have the tanita body fat% monitor scales but have just really used them for weight..not using to full potential. Without the instructions hub and i can not work out how to get body fat to display.....have got as far as putting my age/height into memory...

Can anyone help ....Im intrigued to know my % body fat.....:cool:

7. Fuzzys Angel

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Just found this on another post........

[​IMG]

8. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    I like that chart, way more generous!

Dizzy x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.