BODY FIRMING CREAM

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Hi Everyone

Just wondering if anyone else has started using any body firming cream? And if so, what and what do you think of it?

Take care

I have started using the Rosemary Conley toning, moisturising & firming cream but haven't used it for long enough to tell as far as firming goes but it moisturises well. Tub is 500ml and I paid about £10 but i think I got it for half price so it's quite expensive.

I've been using an Avon Body Contouring cream. Really like the smell and my skin is so soft after each use. Think it's helped a little but nothing like good old toning exercises to do that job!!

Palmers cocca butter, or boots olive extracts I think it is

I've been using an Avon Body Contouring cream. Really like the smell and my skin is so soft after each use. Think it's helped a little but nothing like good old toning exercises to do that job!!

Hi Bev

Thanks....was just curious as I have started using L'Oreal one..not really noticed a great difference, although making my skin softer. Yes, the toning is all important...I did Interval Training last night and boy was I completely knackered after 30 mins!!! I will shift this fat :)

Hi Scotsmist

I have to admit im abit of 'eco' friendly girl, so I use pure unrefined shea butter - not the refined white stuff or the stuff you find in commercial creams with coco butter in them. The geunine shea doesnt come in a jar it looks a lot like a lump of yellow type clay, but it really really does work wonders for your skin, in keeping its elasticity, moisturing and firming and fading stretchmarks! Its relatively inexpensive and lasts ages. I think its because it has natural healing factors in it. My brother got stabbed 9 weeks ago through his arms and knuckles, had to have platic surgery and from using the shea butter his wounds and arms have improved dramtically!

The palmers coco butter is very good too which was what i used a few years back !

Hi Scotsmist,
I used the Palmers firming cocoa butter, but after using nearly one whole bottle in a little over the week, I kid you not, I thought one of these two things could happen:
1) I would run out of money before I ever got to the end of this diet.
2) Palmers would have such a run on sales they would think half the population of Ireland was using it.
:rotflmao:
So I think I will stick to dry body brushing for now and just use any of the creams I have, tanning, smellies etc. to use them up and keep skin supple and when I have lost a lot more weight I will go back to the Palmers, or try J-Lo's unrefined shea butter one.
Doirin

Hi Scotsmist

I have to admit im abit of 'eco' friendly girl, so I use pure unrefined shea butter - not the refined white stuff or the stuff you find in commercial creams with coco butter in them. The geunine shea doesnt come in a jar it looks a lot like a lump of yellow type clay, but it really really does work wonders for your skin, in keeping its elasticity, moisturing and firming and fading stretchmarks! Its relatively inexpensive and lasts ages. I think its because it has natural healing factors in it. My brother got stabbed 9 weeks ago through his arms and knuckles, had to have platic surgery and from using the shea butter his wounds and arms have improved dramtically!

The palmers coco butter is very good too which was what i used a few years back !

where do you buy this cream? xx

Hi Scotsmist

Where do you get it from been hunting for some for ages. It's great for my exemera

As for the creams, my mate is a beautician and she says they are all the same and don't really make any difference whatever they cost. she swears by dry skin brushing to improve circulation and clear celluilite

Hi JLo
Please tell us all where to buy it! Sounds better as I prefer to use organic or natural where possible!!

Hi Scotsmist

Hi Doirin
Know what you mean. I bought the L'Oreal last week and it is almost finished! I use the body brush every mornng before I shower and it had made a difference. Just trying to do damage limitation.haha..

Hi Scotsmist,
I used the Palmers firming cocoa butter, but after using nearly one whole bottle in a little over the week, I kid you not, I thought one of these two things could happen:
1) I would run out of money before I ever got to the end of this diet.
2) Palmers would have such a run on sales they would think half the population of Ireland was using it.
:rotflmao:
So I think I will stick to dry body brushing for now and just use any of the creams I have, tanning, smellies etc. to use them up and keep skin supple and when I have lost a lot more weight I will go back to the Palmers, or try J-Lo's unrefined shea butter one.
Doirin

Me too, where do you buy the pure shea butter?

Palmers firming cream is the best in my eyes.
love it but i'm so lazy about using it :/

LOL everyone! Sorry didnt notice the replies, I will tell you where you can buy the shea from.

Ok first things first - DO not buy off ebay its the fake stuff
secondly you can usually buy it from some health stores, but for the real genuine stuff then try some websites that are under fair trading as you can be guaranteed its the geunine article.

I got mine from cebra online put it into google and should come up, the site offers, bars, creams and soaps aswell, but i believe the best form is in its unrefined state of raw, I paid £8.95 for 200g and trust me it lasts longer than you expect.

To apply simply break a small piece off and rest between the palms of your hands (hands on top of one another), it should melt by your own body temperature and be eaasy enough to apply (after bath shower etc). It does go quite far so you may notice after applying you may not need as much next time.

The smell is quite nutty doesnt smell awful, and it has no added preservatives or chemicals or clourings, just natural shea from the shea tree, thats been boiled and left to dry over time. I love using this stuff its been so kind to my skin and i feel like im helping african villages too as its fair trading :D

just had a look but cant find the exact product. would you mind posting a link to the product? xx

oooh forgot to say you can also use it in your hair, repairs dry/damaged in result from colour treating and heat styling and does not clog the pores :)

Back