Body Magic?

littledolly

Hi all

Can someone please explain body magic to me, and how the awards work? My consultant has never mentioned it to me in the 5 months I've been going to class. In fact a few weeks ago, in IT, she asked what could we do this week to ensure we are happy at the scales next week and when I suggested exercise, she said 'I can't be bothered with exercise, it's not for me at all'! Would explain her lack of enthusiasm for Body Magic then!

I run and sometimes swim, so wondered how I account for this and work towards the awards.

Thanks in advance!

If you're not happy with your Consultants attitude I'd fire off an e mail to Slimming World, my old one told everyone she exercised so she could have more syns! May simply be a case of a refresher training course for her. Sorry I can't be more help as to Body Magic, my old Consultant wasn't too hot on it either.

Oh dear, your consultant doesn't sound very helpful at all!

For Body Magic there are 4 awards, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. To get Bronze you need to do 45 mins exercise per week (spread over at least 3 sessions) for 4 weeks. Then for Silver you need to do 6 x 15 mins or 3 x 30 mins per week, again for 4 weeks. For Gold its 10 x 15 mins or 5 x 30 mins per week, this time for 8 weeks. Platinum I'm not 100% sure about but it says you get this when active living is a lifestyle.

My Consultant gave me some fit logs in my starter pack which I use to record my exercise then hand it in each week at class.

Hope this helps a bit hun, and good luck with the weightloss and body magic :D

Just to add to excellent advice above, you get platinum when you do 2 consecutive gold awards (16 weeks total)

All exercise counted for each award can be anything that gets you moving, but you should only count exercise you have added to your normal routine and not things that you have always done anyway

Good luck

xxx

Just to add to excellent advice above, you get platinum when you do 2 consecutive gold awards (16 weeks total)

All exercise counted for each award can be anything that gets you moving, but you should only count exercise you have added to your normal routine and not things that you have always done anyway

Good luck

xxx

Not sure I agree with that last bit - that's hardly fair on people that have made a conscious effort in the past to keep fit - why shouldn't that count towards your body magic award?

I recently got my bronze silver and gold awards from my consultant all in one week because she realised that the exercise I had been doing for several months was enough to constitute a gold award - and if I was already at that standard, then I might as well get the bronze and silver as well. I always thought I was probably about there, I could just never be bothered to fill out the FIT logs!

I was very pleased to get those stickers that week - I had been hoping for my 2 1/2 stone award but just missed it - so getting those stickers instead made me feel much better.

Not sure I agree with that last bit - that's hardly fair on people that have made a conscious effort in the past to keep fit - why shouldn't that count towards your body magic award?

I recently got my bronze silver and gold awards from my consultant all in one week because she realised that the exercise I had been doing for several months was enough to constitute a gold award - and if I was already at that standard, then I might as well get the bronze and silver as well. I always thought I was probably about there, I could just never be bothered to fill out the FIT logs!

I was very pleased to get those stickers that week - I had been hoping for my 2 1/2 stone award but just missed it - so getting those stickers instead made me feel much better.

I think you are right. People start at the level they are already on.

Reading this has made me think that i should have my silver award by now!! I had better look in to it :) Stickers are great it makes me feel like a big kid . I can't wait to get home and show my bf my certificates and stickers :) I have my certificates on my fridge to help me make the right choices when opening the fridge :) it works for me ! x

Oooh, I've kick started a bit of exercise this week. I'm going to aim for three more weeks to get my bronze, then maybe four more after that for silver!! Gotta love a shiny, I want my 1 stone on Monday, crossing my fingers reeeeally hard ;)

Back