Body Magic

In your starter pack, there's a whole book on it :)

In short though, it's something designed to get you to exercise regularly on top of your usual daily routine (so if you always walk to work at a normal pace, that wouldn't count), and you get a certificate and sticker for your book once you've reached a certain level. So for bronze, it's 45 minutes of exercise per week, silver is an hour and a half, etc.

I'm personally going to get my bronze body magic award in my next session. All's that involves is 45 minutes extra moderate activity per week, so I've just been doing some brisk walks :)

In your starter pack, there's a whole book on it :)

In short though, it's something designed to get you to exercise regularly on top of your usual daily routine (so if you always walk to work at a normal pace, that wouldn't count), and you get a certificate and sticker for your book once you've reached a certain level. So for bronze, it's 45 minutes of exercise per week, silver is an hour and a half, etc.

I'm personally going to get my bronze body magic award in my next session. All's that involves is 45 minutes extra moderate activity per week, so I've just been doing some brisk walks :)

Hi, Im a newbie joining tomorrow.
I was wondering how do they monitor your body magic?

Thank you :)

I too wondered how it would be monitored so would love to see the answer x

No problem nikkik, good luck with the gym! It's more exercise than me :p

They don't monitor your body magic, they just trust your word, but I don't think anyone would want to lie :p The FIT logs are to help you keep track and to set targets, and to help you think about how you can improve. You don't show these to your consultant, just let them know after you've met the criteria for each award and you'll get your sticker and certificate.

How soon after joining should you start body magic?
I want to let myself get used to SW before starting because I always take on too much then I don't stick to the plan...

Just remember that you never HAVE to start Body Magic. Slimming World will advise you do because of all the health benefits, but they say that you can lose weight every week by just food optimising. And from my personal experience, I'd say it's true!

If you don't feel ready just yet, that's completely fine. If you never feel ready, that's also completely fine. I think what you said is wise, let yourself get used to the plan first. In all honesty though, I don't think it will take you too long to get your head around it :)

I'll be getting my Bronze Body Magic Award later, but I'll be leaving it a little while longer before starting for my Silver until I feel ready to do so.

Ive just completed my first week towards my bronze award by doing 15 minutes at a time on my exercise bike while watching the news first thing in the morning. :patback:

Last edited:
I started my first week at the gym this week to work towards my bronze body magic, I went along to do however much I could, if I did 10 minutes, I did 10 minutes, if I did more I did more, I didn't want to put any pressure on myself, I ended up doing 30 minutes so I need to go back again to get myself another 15 minutes this week

Even though it's 45 minutes per week for Bronze, I believe this is spread out over 3-5 days in the week, unless that's changed in the new books. So doing 5 minutes for 5 days (25 minutes) and 10 on the other two would add up to 45 per week, but wouldn't count as a week towards bronze as it's spread out over 7.

For this week now you've already done 30, you could do a 10 minute exercise one day, and 5 on another, and that would count officially.

The idea is that it's not it's not just encouraging you to get 45 minutes of exercise per week, but to make exercise more of a habit, hence the minimum of 3 days. And a maximum of 5 to make sure you don't overdo yourself 7 days a week.

Ah ok that's really helpful, as I said I wasn't particularly trying to do any amount of time, I did what I felt I could without overdoing it, I'm so concours of not overdoing it as I have a tendency to.

Ok so the weather is lovely in Newcastle today nice day for body magic so instead of been lazy I am going to walk and walk back from the gym today

Today I will be doing week 1 day 2 of the couch 2 5k. So that's half an hour of exercise for me :)

Back