Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Body Optimise v going to class

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by LessofLou, 18 February 2010 Social URL.

1. LessofLou

LessofLou Full Member

I am looking at returning to slimming world but really dont enjoy the whole class thing, plus I dont really have the time to go every week anyway.

However I do enjoy collecting the cookbooks, food directory, syn free food books etc.

Has any one done body optimise, can you tell me if I would still be able to buy all of these things or is that something I would only get in class?

Also I am changing from a low carb diet to slimming world as I have lost 2 stone but found it just too restricitive, am I likely to put most of this back on before SW starts to work?

Thanks for any help/advise

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wendyuk

Wendyuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.84%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I'm using bodyoptimise and like you don't enjoy the class thing. Once you join there is a bookshop where you can buy the SW books. I took the cheapest membership that only gives access to the site no books are included but there is other memberships where the books are included I assume the ones you get when you start class. I've found the bodyoptimise site and this forum invaluable and with it feel no need to join a class.
    HTH
    Wendy

4. Wendyuk

Wendyuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.84%)
    Diet:
    SW
  5. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    As a bodyOptimise member you have access to the SW bookshop where you can order all the books that you are able to buy in class. (TBH though, I look through the bookshop, pick my choices, then see if they are on Amazon as they are usually cheaper and have free delivery!)

I do it on-line as I work away and don't particularly like classes- have done it for nearly 2 years now and love it. Others don't and prefer the more personalised and individual approach of the class, so I guess it's down to what you want to get for your money.

Good luck with whichever you decide xxxx

6. LessofLou

LessofLou Full Member

Thanks Wendyuk!!

Thats made my mind up!! Body Optimise it is!

Last edited: 18 February 2010
  7. LessofLou

LessofLou Full Member

Thanks for your response CP...

8. Lisaberry

Lisaberry Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6.3lb(31.13%)
    Diet:
    Changes like the wind!
    I'm starting to find class more hassle than its worth as I have to drag 2 little ones with me. The only thing that stops me quitting is I find getting on the scales at class more scary than at home.....almost like fear of what the scales say keeps me on track. Lately though I end up skipping if I dont think i'm going to like what I see - gaah!

9. LessofLou

LessofLou Full Member

Hi Lisaberry

I just dont enjoy the whole class experience, and like you sometimes just find the getting there too much hassle- although for me its not wanting to go out again after i have got home from work!

I have decided that body optimise is the way forward for me, at first i thought the £80 was a bit expensive but actually when you work out the cost of class and the magazines it seems worth it to me.

Have also decided I am going to weigh in weekly at Boots ( I work next door ) and keep the printout in my diary.

Whats keeping me on track is my Florida holiday at the end of Oct and i will get to target (if i lose 2lbs per week exactly) on the day I leave, so that doesnt leave me any weeks where i can afford to take it easy!!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do Lisaberry!

10. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World :)
    Ah ha - just found this on a search and I was wondering the exact same thing !!! I'm wondering if body optimise is worth it. I dont enjoy a class but there are some things about going to a class that I like (being able to access the website, being able to buy SW cookbooks etc). Does anyone have anything to add on bodyoptimise v class ???

:thankyou:

11. Chicaloca

Chicaloca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.38%)
    Diet:
    sw
    Soon I will be moving jobs and there are going to be no SW class near me :( So I will have to move to an online membership. Can anyone tell me how much that will cost per week, month?

12. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Looking at the bodyoptimise website, it would be £20 per month, with a 3 month minimum subscription :)

13. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Does anyone know if the website that you get with bodyoptimise subscription is the same as the one you have access to with the password from class ?

14. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    I'm also a body optimise member. To add to what has already been mentioned, you also get full access to the syns online database and the syn calculator which is a useful resource. The site also has lots of recipes, can generate a customised menu plan for you and provides all the hex lists as well of details of free / super free foods. When your initial subscribtion runs out you may well be offered a reduction in the price to renew - I think I paid £15 per month last time instead of £20 for instance. Hope that helps!

15. Chicaloca

Chicaloca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.38%)
    Diet:
    sw
    oh :( So its the same price as class?!?

16. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Oh cool Beegee, thats not so bad at £15, was that going to be £15 for every month after the initial subscription or just for the first month afer the initial subscription ?

17. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    That was to add another 3 months from August to October and the cost was £15 per month (total £45). Don't know if they offer you a deal everytime you need to renew though ... guess I'll find out in October!

18. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Ah ha - that would be good if they do offer it each time to keep you with them. One more question (sorry) do they take the money on a standing order or do they just let you know when its expiring and ask you to pay for the next lot ?

:thankyou: for your helpfulness !

19. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    I don't think there's an option for standing orders. I just pay on credit card, they sent me an email reminder that my membership was going to expire and gave me a link to renew it. It was very easy, but I guess it always is when they're taking your money!

20. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Ok, yes I guess they are going to make it as easy as pie :) Thanks again for all your info x

21. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

I think the down side of body optimise is the social support/ postive pressure from the person speaking out your progress which can motivate you. I do it allow and I find it more hard work. I don't go to any SW groups locally as I can not stand the C and she does loads of them around where I live, such a pain!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.