Bodyoptimise Food diary help!!

Nessy

Hi everyone,

Its my first day today and im getting rather confused on the food diary, Can anyone tell me how to find items like muller light, or any other brand names as they dont seem to turn up :(, or if there is a book where i can find the syns of all main brand products.

Thanks for any help

Nessy xx

can you get the Syns online from the Bodyoptimise site? Anything you can't find a Syn value of just ask us

You can get the syns online. Log on and then on the left hand side there are lists of different options. The syns calculator link gives some good information for how to work out syns on all products - Syns online is where you would enter a product and find out syns and snackulator is where you enter nutritional info to calculate syns,
hope this helps

Hi, I'm new and finding the online tool difficult to get the hang of. It seems OK for big brands (if you remember to put the brand not the name first eg Heinz then Tommy K or whatever). I got really annoyed with it on Friday. I had vegetarian sushi from Sainsburys on friday which I was sure would be free (just rice, veg and seaweed- fat free etc) but online when I put in the nutritional info it told me it was six syns GRRRRRRR.
Will have to talk to my Group Leader bout it on Tues.
Lx

Ohh thanks Karen - will check next time (thrown the packaging away now). Did you use the Syns calculator or are the tesco ones listed?
Lx

I love sushi, mmm!

I've made my own at home a few times - you have to mix the rice with a salt / sugar / vinegar solution, so perhaps the sugar pushed it up a little bit more? x

i have that book....you know the 'shop to slim at....' i have tesco's but they do others. i do use the online site more though but the book could help when you are making your shopping list in the first place

Its generally the Mirin that's added to the rice that can add the sins, but six does sound a lot for sushi.

If you make it yourself you can leave out the mirin and therefore any sins - and it's not as hard as you'd think!

Back