bodytrim

early bay

Hello to all you low carb dieters, im trying bodytrim, its an ausy diet, coming to the end of my first week and hoping for some good results. Can't say that its as easy as they make out, or maybe its me. 3 days of no carbs no fruit no veg just pure protein, have been on the weight loss phase for 3 days now, and i think its getting better no douby i will see when i weigh in tommorow.
Have any of you tried this ? I did try atkins a few years ago and didn't get very far didn't even get into ketosis and did it 100% by the book, but you guys seem to be doing rearly well on it.
I have a slight problem in that i am allegic to eggs, and they seemto be a big part of both diets.
Any body got any good ideas ?

That's a problem with eggs, they are so easy and convenient, I've not heard of bodytrim but good luck.

Ive not heard of this one either but I would love to know how you get on!

Good luck

xx

Hi 4lbs off last week, so week 1 worked, now on weight loss phase finding it fairly hard to eat six meals a day and not that cheap either, although what they say is right after you have had a protien only meal 100g of pure protien you dont feel hungry, so heres to wk 2 and see how we go x x

There is a diet called Kimmers I think, that's based purely on protein.

i will try to explain, with by bestest aussie accent hehehe.
first 3 days is protien only, you can have a small amount of milk in tea or coffee and water till it comes out of your ears, yuk, you must have 6 meals a day with no more than 3 hours between, and you are supposed to aim for 10'000 steps in a day, but no strenuous excercise. Then you go onto weight loss phase, you still have to have the six meals a day and the 10'000 steps but you can intruduce a 100g serving of either a starchy carb, ie toast with your protien at brekky or a 50g portion of fruit, you can then have unlimited green only veg with your lunch and dinner, all other snacks ect have to be protien only, 1 day a week they reccomend (sunday) is a free day when you can have anything you want for 2 of your meals, this appapently fools the body into going into the storage phase of diets. Then on the (monday) for instance you have a protien only day again, which uses up those sunday carbs, and back onto weight loss phase again. This is called zigzagging and you carry this on until you loose the weight you want. The last phase is maintenance, not rearly got read up on that yet as not got there yet, far from it. You are allowed protien shakes and snacks if you are rearly stuck but only for snacks, however they do say they are only if you are rearly stuck, as they do contain carbs.
Well thats my explanation, of it, as i understand it.
By the way 10'000 steps is a lot, even after an hour or so out with my dogs and the general walking we all do i still have to march infront of the telly.
Thanks for the support x x x

That sounds different, especially those steps, that is a lot. Some [people on Atkins advise having a bust out day if you are stalled, I never did but I have heard it can work.

hi jim. The aussie guy goes on about this free day a lot in the dvd,s have mine planned for sunday menu done already, hahaha we will see. i did try atkins many well 6 years ago when it first came on the scene and didnt do well on it, you have done so well, it must rearly work for you. I have read that it has changed some and they have a new plan but not read much about it.

Yes it has changed, and for the worse in my opinion. I was lucky enough to get hold of the original '72 version. All the new ones seem to be more about selling Atkins products than eating healthily.

No they're not love.

Bodytrim diet

you are so right, and they aren't the cheapest either. x

Hi Early Bay,

I've just started the bodytrim diet and on my second day of carb detox - so protein only. Yuk. I'm more a green leafy veg person and all this meat is making me quite bloated, though I have to say, I don't feel hungry or have the urge to snack on biscuits.

Can I ask how your diet has gone so far?
Can I ask how much weight you lost in the first week and thus far (if it's not too personal?)

I've just bought a whole load of protein, prawns, fish, beef and yes, it is expensive. Now my husband wants to do it with me and I think my grocery bill is going to go bust.

Do you have any tips or advice for me?

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

That's what I liked about Atkins gumnut, all those lovely salad veggies during induction.

Bodytrim vs atkins

Hi Jim

Maybe I need to have a read of the Atkins diet... I don't know too much about it from what I've overheard, didn't he die from a heart attack - too much fatty deposits in his arteries...from all that bacon and meat?

Now I wonder where early bay has gone?

Today is my last day of the carb detox and then tomorrow I get to eat salads!!!!! I've been very cranky.

Hi Gumnut,

No love, that was a rumour put around by enemies of his diet plan, see:

Dr Atkins Death

so you have
3 days protein only?
3 days with some carbs and greens
1 days 2 free meals
then back to the top?
someone i know has been reccomended this and she asked if i knew anything... thought id look into it. so any tips wud be great or what do u actually eat?

Hi Preetone,

Early Bay in an earlier post gave a breif run down of what the bodytrim diet entails: Her it is for your reference.

"first 3 days is protien only, you can have a small amount of milk in tea or coffee and water till it comes out of your ears, yuk, you must have 6 meals a day with no more than 3 hours between, and you are supposed to aim for 10'000 steps in a day, but no strenuous excercise. Then you go onto weight loss phase, you still have to have the six meals a day and the 10'000 steps but you can intruduce a 100g serving of either a starchy carb, ie toast with your protien at brekky or a 50g portion of fruit, you can then have unlimited green only veg with your lunch and dinner, all other snacks ect have to be protien only, 1 day a week they reccomend (sunday) is a free day when you can have anything you want for 2 of your meals, this appapently fools the body into going into the storage phase of diets. Then on the (monday) for instance you have a protien only day again, which uses up those sunday carbs, and back onto weight loss phase again. This is called zigzagging and you carry this on until you loose the weight you want. The last phase is maintenance, not rearly got read up on that yet as not got there yet, far from it. You are allowed protien shakes and snacks if you are rearly stuck but only for snacks, however they do say they are only if you are rearly stuck, as they do contain carbs".

So I've now completed by first 3 days of detox, and starting the weight loss phase.
This 3 days of protein only can pretty much kill you. You think at first "wow, I get to eat as much meat as I want"...but it's hard, especially if it's not washed down with any veggies. And it's difficult to be regular without any fibre! You get bloated and feel awful. Thing is, you still have loads of energy to exercise cos of all the protein. But then after your detox you can eat as much veggies for your main meals. Snacks must always only be protein only. And always eat carbs with protein. never eat carbs on its own as it spikes insulin levels.

He makes sense with his diet theory - he sites the example of body builders and how lean they are before competition,..all they ever eat prior to competition is lean white meat , egg whites and very little carbs. So I do believe it works.

I feel alot "leaner" in my belly which is where I have the most problem, (besides my upper thighs, and my tuck-shop arms (basically every part..sigh). Thing is he doesn't recommend having fruit as fruits are simple carbs filled with sugar and spikes insulin levels, which makes you crave more sugary foods... So it's hard for me as I love fruit. Anyhow, I hope this diet works for me. It's quite expensive as well - since meat is more expensive compared to fruit and veggies...

Hope this makes sense.

OK now I have to go buy a new weighing scale cos mine broke just this morning when I tried to use it!

Jim, Thanks for the site on Atkins. I'll have a thorough read tonight.

With Bodytrim the protein intake is actually not that high.
The basic guideline of protein intake is around .8 to 1.2g per kg of body weight.
So for example a 70kg person would have the recommendation of around 70g per day.

As the program uses protein foods serving size and not actual protein quantity and example day of say using egg as all your protein foods would fit into these guidelines.

Egg for example is around 12g per 100g of protein. so for a female having the max intake of 100g for all snacks and meals= 600g egg x 12%= 72g of protein intake for the whole day.
As you can see this fits into all healthy guideline for protein intake.
The bodytrim is actually opposite to the Atkins- Atkins is low carb in general wheras bodytrim is high protein relative to the carbohydrates- but stille ncourages complex veg and salad int he eating plan.
Atkins' high saturated fat and low fibre content means that it has been associated with heart disease in the long term and other major problems such as kidney stones.

The well balaced Bodytrim system is nothing like the Atkins. Unlike Bodytrim Atkins increases cholesterol that can also lead to heart disease.

Bodytrim is a high fibre eating system and research has shown that a diet high in fibre from foods such as vegetables and wholegrains can help reduce the risk of bowl cancer. This goes hand in hand with the bodytrim system. However the Atkins diet can have the opposite effect and contribute to bowel cancer.

Back