Bolt from the blue-what do you think?

I have been very happy on CD since swapping over from LL, and while I only get a short time with my CDC compared with the time I got on LL, I really appreciate that time, and my CDC is truly excellent. She has a kind of open house system, so there are almost always people there when I go, and I reall enjoy talking to them, especially the new starters, and telling them a bit about my journey on VLCD (60lbs gone so far).

Anyway, last night I was telling my counsellor about the life coaching course I am going on this weekend, and she said- "well why don't you do this as well? Being a CDC would fit so well with being a life coach, and you would be so good at it!"

WOW! And I realised that I would love to train to be a CDC. She offered to sponsor me then and there and to help me get set up when I get trained.

I know I still have a long way to go- have to reach the right BMI first! And then the training, and passing the modules etc (I've been reading the want to be a CDC thread), but I am so excited at the prospect of it.

That plus my life coaching course and I am really walking on air today!

Great news, well done! I'm thinking I'll become a CDC too one day!

I've also thought about the life coaching idea. Would you mind sharing details of the course you're doing please?

I'm hoping to start a counselling course in Sept, then perhaps something like life coaching after that.

Hope you don't mind me asking - if so, just tell me to bog off!

No worries Jules- I asked the same thing on this site!

I am going to the Coaching Academy -they do a free weekend course, but then if you want to 'qualify' (life coaching is not generally accredited although there are some Open College Network quals around) you have to pay and take several modules (which you study at home I think though there might be more training days).
The details are here
The Coaching Academy Official Site - The UK's leading experts in coach training, the brand name in excellent coaching

Two other people from this site went with them and were very happy with it- I'll post an update after my weekend and let you know how it went. I have looked at a lot of providers and these seem to be the best in the range they offer.

Warning- the paid part of the course is expensive, though they have hinted at a discount, and there is a payment plan. Still I think its worth doing the weekend course, at least you can find out if Life Coaching is really what you want to do.

Like you I am thinking of doing a counselling course at my local College, as I think they are all complementary skills. Years ago I was trained as a mediator, and loved doing that, before my career took over!

You can awlays PM me if you want more details!

I think that is a fab idea and you should defo go for it. The 2 really compliment each other and you would be helping people in so many ways.

I am thinking of becoming a CDC but not until i have maintianed for a year or so. I would also like to do something like a counselling diploma or something that will help clients in more ways.

So defo go for it and good luck :) xx

No worries Jules- I asked the same thing on this site!

I am going to the Coaching Academy -they do a free weekend course, but then if you want to 'qualify' (life coaching is not generally accredited although there are some Open College Network quals around) you have to pay and take several modules (which you study at home I think though there might be more training days).
The details are here
The Coaching Academy Official Site - The UK's leading experts in coach training, the brand name in excellent coaching

Two other people from this site went with them and were very happy with it- I'll post an update after my weekend and let you know how it went. I have looked at a lot of providers and these seem to be the best in the range they offer.

Warning- the paid part of the course is expensive, though they have hinted at a discount, and there is a payment plan. Still I think its worth doing the weekend course, at least you can find out if Life Coaching is really what you want to do.

Like you I am thinking of doing a counselling course at my local College, as I think they are all complementary skills. Years ago I was trained as a mediator, and loved doing that, before my career took over!

You can awlays PM me if you want more details!

Thanks so much for all that info Karen, you're a star!

Will be looking forward to hearing how your weekend goes. Hope it's fab for you & all you hope it'll be.

Good luck & thanks again xx

Good luck with it all, a counselling course appeals to me but I haven't the confidence to do it. There's a part time course starting in Jan (Ithink) at local college and maybe by that time I could have a bit more faith in myself, especially if I get some weight off.

I hope to be a CDC, too.

My own CDC has offered to sponsor me. All that's holding me back is cash to pay for the training day and for stock.

However!

When my student loan comes through I may be in a position to resolve both dilemmas. I could scrape up the cash for the training day and if selected could then buy stock from my student loan.

CD helped me get this far, and the large weight loss I have maintained for about a year now has helped me gain the confidence to tackle a BA HONOURS PERFORMING ARTS course at uni.

I am gonna need cash badly to top up my student loan, so CDC-ing would be perfect. I know I could inspire others. Given the chance, I shall.

Good luck!

Back