Boo! - Soooo confused :((

Welcome to the newbies :D And hope everyone else is doing well?

I haven`t been around as my head just wasn`t in the right place :( I have been so down on myself because I just wasn`t losing the weight still and I couldn`t understand why when I was eating well and exercising :(

I went to a new gym tonight (usually exercise at home) and they had a weighing scales there so I HAD to jump on them :rolleyes::p Imagine my shock when they said I was 14st 8lbs :eek: I just couldn`t believe them because I am constantly 15st on my scales at home. Whatever I do I cannot get it any lower! Then I saw another set of scales so I jumped on them and they said the same thing??:eek:

One was like the ones the Dr has and the other the big tall ones like they have in the hospital. Mine are digital which also tells you your BMI and fat %

I got home from Gym and jumped on mine and guess what they said I am??? Yep! - 15 bloody stone!!!!!! :confused::confused::confused:

I dunno what to believe :( I don`t want to let myself believe I really have lost weight incase I haven`t :(

But two said the same at the gym and mine says different?

Anyway, I am eating more now as when I joined myfitnesspal.com and started logging my intake it was very very low on cals and not much fat either, So I think that is helping.

I also started at the gym today and did 30 mins - 15 on the cross trainer and 15 on the exercise bike (the one with the seat u sit in) then I did 8 lengths in the pool (not been swimming since I was 9-11 yrs :eek: ) then relaxed in the spa ;)

Am off to the gym again tomorrow, Have my induction at another (local) gym on Thurs am and Water Aerobics Thurs eve so am PRAYING that I lose weight!!

Hope everyone else is well and losing loads of weight :D

Sorry for the ramble!

LiSe Xxxx

That's a strange one isn't it. Don't let it get you down though Lise. The hym scales HAVE to be the more acurate so if I were you I'd recalibrate your home scales to match the gym ones (if thats possible on digital scales, I don't know)
and upping the calories and fat might just do the trick. And a flipping big Well Done on going to the gym. xx

All scales are different though Lise, my Drs scales weigh me 9lb lighter than the scales at Rosemary Conley, which weigh me 2lb lighter than my home scales. Best thing is stick to one set of scales, it's not so much what you weigh, but how much you are losing, regardless of the scales you use.
xx

Thanks for the replies both of you x

Ali, With my scales i`m not losing :( At all :(

That why i`m so confused :( I am working my butt off eating well/dieting and exercising and my weight just will not shift from 15st. Thats why I have been upset cos i`m just not getting anywhere :cry:

Also, When I googled the weight on my scales it says 14st 8/9lbs - The same as the gym scales :confused: But the online converter I have always used said 15 stone :confused:

My first goal was to get into the 14 stone bracket, So it is a HUGE deal to me :(

Sorry for being such a whinge, That`s why I have stayed away :(

Thanks again for the replies Xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lise

I'm totally with you on the working hard, and getting nowhere thing. I really do understand. :hug99:

But bloody good on you going to the gym and swimming pool etc. You seem to be doing it all so well. It's such a shame that you're not noticing any change weight wise. But as everyone has been telling me, it's bound to show eventually.

Keep your chin up!

Lins
XXX :)

please dont stay away!! If I were you, Id throw your scales in the bin, they are obviously causing you distress!! I think you are very brave to go to the gym, so give yourself a pat on the back, pick yourself up and some results will show on the scales very soon. x

Hi Lise hun,

Theres no need to stay away if your down, were all here to support each other so if you need to talk then feel free hun.

I think the gym scales may be right and there may be a problem with your scales at home.....when are you due a WI at the docs as that will be a good indicator?

Good to hear you have joined a gym, I unfortunately am not in the position where I can do that as I work full time, I do have a running machine at home though that is being sorted ready for me to start using again now I have shifted a bit of weight and my knees are less achy.
I did a few hours in the garden at the weekend and my weight loss increased this wk...5 1/2 Ibs so am chuffed.....total now 24 1/2.

I too have started to use fitness pal and have found it really useful and its free so a bonus. Great for keeping track and knowing where your at, I found it great as have been doing ww so not used to calorie counting, so am doing the two together now.

Great to here your persevering, thats the main thing that you dont let it way lay your aim to lose the weight.

Take care x

I weighed myself today at boots and im alledgedly a pound hevier and an inch taller than last week.

LOL!! An inch taller!! Hows that work then, u been standing in a grobag this week?!!
On a serious note, thats a classic example of how we shouldnt take the scales as gospel

glad your back on board, i only get weighed at the diet clinic, i dont have scales so thats probably why im this weight to begin with.
wish i could grow an couple of inches!!

I agree with Ali, its all relative, as long as you weight consistantly on the same scales, you will get an accurate reading of what you have lost, which is what matters.

I would use the gym ones from now on if I were you xx

Lise, just a thought hun, but did you take your measurements before you started the tabs? Are you maybe losing inches hun? Hang in there, and keep posting here xxx

bin the scales! if they are only depressing you then there's no point having them, use the gym ones.. if you have been working extra hard and eating carefully the weight should be dropping xx

Definitely bin the scales, you are doing too many good things to be doing no good ! Stick to the gym scales, they make you feel good and they make you feel positive, that is the most important thing when trying to stick to anything..keeping that frame of mind that makes you stick to it xx

Ali I didn`t measure myself, No :(

But I had my induction at the gym yesterday and she did :(

Well it is official, I am indeed a fat cow :cry: She weighed me at the gym and said I was 95kg and that I was 15 stone :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I still weigh 14st 9lbs at the other gym :( But unfortunately, The one where I weigh 15st is the one I have a 12 week membership with due to a Dr referral :(

Typically, I actually for once weighed 14st 9lbs on my own scales the day the new gym said I was 15st!!!

@ iona & liosalfar, I can`t bin the scales, I`m an obsessive weigher :( (yes I know I shouldn`t be but I am :p )

I have dropped a dress size and ppl are telling me I look like I have lost weight but the scales just don`t show it =/

My scales and the new gyms scales are digital - Wonder if that is anything to do with it??

Sorry I am STILL whinging :rolleyes: :sigh:

LiSe Xxx

Lise
Hows things this week/Are you feeling any better? Take care x:)

Back