Boo! Soooo wanted to give in today!

...BUT....

I didn`t ;) :D :p

I`ve been away from the board a couple of days cos I was so upset about my rubbish first weigh in but i`ve got over myself now :jelous:

Today I have been STARVING all day :confused:

I think it might be cos I didn`t drink enough water and had my 2nd shake very late (early eve) as I was out all day.

I`m really struggling with the water the last couple of days and don`t think I`ve been having enough. I AM trying though!!

I also tend to drink it in batches as I don`t like it..Like down a litre or so at a time in quick succession to get in it and wondering if thats bad? Or does it not matter as long as I get it in me?

I really dunno wth is going on with my family at the moment :rolleyes: We usually eat SO well!! But last week they had a lot of rubbish food due to daughter going into hospital, no shopping getting done cos of this and tiredness etc etc and then this eve my hubbie was too tired to cook after work and I was feeling a bit urgh so they had a KFC!! :cry:

It smelled soooooooooo yummity yum!! And it was the first time I thought "I REALLY want some of that" :( :sigh:

Obviously, I didn`t crack. I just smelled it like the weirdo I am :rolleyes: lol

But it worried me slightly that after the first week being fine with no hunger or even inkling to cheat today I have both been starving AND wanted to cheat.

I won`t though, Would be a waste of my money and my achievement so far - Albeit rubbish weight loss, A loss is a loss right?? ;)

Anyway, Enough useless waffle from me!!

Hope everyone else is going well this week

LiSe

Xxxxxxx

fair play to ya for not giving in, think of the end goal will be sooooooooooooo worth it ;) i have a bottle of water beside me at work, have 1 in jeep and 1 at home all litre size bottles so i kno how many litres i drink, i find it easier than out of glasses, and at least i can count it,
anway hope u feel a bit better today ;)

Hi Lise

Well done for not giving in, it isn't easy and you are doing really well honey.

I always vary the water and sometimes have flavoured or fizzy water throughout the day. Not sure if you are allowed that. I do believe you are better drinking regularly rather than all at once. Your body can continually re-hydrate itself - especially because you are not giving it any food, therefore water is essential.

Good luck on your journey.

Love
Rosie x

Well done for not giving in! I would drink steadily through the day and always have a small bottle of water on me.

Smelling food is the norm on LT, most of us have done it. It seemed to help with any cravings for me. It seemed to hit the spot. On my week 3 that is when I seemed to feel that I needed food, a lot of us seem to have a weak week around that time.

Stay strong, you're doing really well and you will be at your goal in no time, the time really does fly on LT.

Have you tried drinking the water from a sports bottle?? It really helps....don't know why but it does! Easier to sip away from. Well done for sticking to it. It really is hard after an undeserved bad weigh in but roll on next weigh in and you will probably have a really good one!!

Ahh stop being so hard on yourself.We all seem to get like that but you have proved that you have the willpower to do it.
I had a blip and I can tell you the feeling of letting yourself down is not worth it.
I'm sure your next weigh in will be a good one(your first was too)
I tend to get the litre sports bottles of water like sara4 says,they are easier to carry around than the larger bottles.

Good luck,you can do it.

By the way when is your weigh in?

Kirstyxxx

OI missus! 4lb is NOT a rubbish weigh in. Would you have lost it if you'd been eating normally? NO!

Glad you've got your head round it anyway, and well done for not giving in, must have been hard with being so disappointed in your first result.

Oh and there's nothing weird about smelling food. It's one of my favourite pastimes now, lol.

Again... 4lb. Is. Not. Rubbish!!

Keep doing what you're doing and you will get to where you want to be.

I find constantly having water with you makes you drink a bit more and often. I guess as long as you're drinking a lot that's the main thing, got no idea if it matters whether it's in bigger/smaller amounts.

When is weigh in #2?

Hi Sacred

You are doing well!! at least you are coming on and telling us you are struggling, but not caving in - well done you.....give yourself a good pat on the back! And, woman, stop thinking you are doing bad, you are not! You need some of the positive stick ;-)!!

Regarding water...I am sure you should drink it in little sips and often. I dont think it is doing you any good drinking, say a litre at a time,,,you will just wee it out again so quickly!

Just keep having a bottle with you at all times..it does work! I even have one when I go shopping..feel lost without it.

As soon as you get up, just start drinking, rather than say at 9 or 10am.....I could have a litre down me by then. It is just getting into different habits thats all, and perseverance will pay off.

Just give yourself small goals, say to yourself that y ou are going to try and drink an extra half litre today.

Sit down at night with a big red wine glass of sparkly water; I have one that holds 400ml...now, you might be able to get two of those down you :) It is just trial and error at the beginning but try and see how you get on.

You are doing so well, and dont be disheartened by the weight loss, I reckon if you can "lick" this water issue, you may be pleasantly surprised!

Have a good day..

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling too great, but well done for sticking with it!

When I was on LighterLife I was told that little & often is much better with the water than just downing large quantities. I too find that a sports bottle next to me/in my bag helps a lot :)

These feelings do come & go & I'm sure you'll feel like you're on top of it again in a day or so!

Good luck!

Hannah

Thanks again for the lovely replies x

Dunno where i`d be without you all <3

I have decided to try and aim to drink 1 pint an hour - Think that would be ok?

So far today I have had -

Cup of Green Tea when I got up

Chugged some water from the bottle but not sure how much lol

Pint of water

Pint of Strawberry Shake for brekkie ;)

Does anyone know how many pints I need to drink to get my 4L in?

Thanks again! Love to all

Xxxxxxxxxx

Oh btw, Weigh in is Monday x

4 litres = 7 pints

So, in short as long as you have 3 and a half pints of water/tea/coffee as well as your shakes (which only need 250ml anyway) then you will be having your minimum :)

Thanks both of you Xxxxxx

Well done on not caving in! I am a terrible sniffer! My OH caught me with my head in the bag of tiger rolls I bought for the children earlier - well he knows I'm mad as a hatter but it didn't stop him laughing his head off! Sniffing has zero calories, zero carbs and zero fat and is usually all I need!!!!!

As for the water, it is important that you don't drink too much too quickly as that can flood your body and can be dangerous. I would recommend you have 2L in bottles and make sure you have a bottle with you at all times - I'm never without a bottle, wherever I am - and sip from it often. Once you can manage the 2L then you can start increasing it gradually. I was like you when I started, struggling to get 2L down me, now I find I need over 3L everyday and am thirsty if I don't drink enough. I am currently on my 5th 750ml bottle.

Another way of increasing your water is to make the shakes with more water. I make mine with nearly 450ml. Try gradually adding a bit more each shake till you get to an amount you can cope with.

Hang in there hun, this diet works and you will be happy with the results.

Good luck.

x

I know you were disappointed with your first WI but just imagine if you lost that every week -the weight would be melting off!

You've been incredibly strong so far so keep it up. Get the water into you slowly and steadily and you'll be flying. :D

Back