Original boobyloo

Hello everyone, and very good luck to you in your weight loss.
I have been reading about many success stories, and cannot
understand why I cannot lose weight.

Just over a week ago I started slimming world and weighed 15st 6 Ibs.

I am still the same weight after a week and very dissapointed,

I am on the original plan at the moment, cereal with milk in the morning,
with loads of cut up fruit on top. 2 A's and 2 B's per day.
protein at lunch and dinner either with salad or mixed vegetables.

I do have a drink at the weekend and so save my syns to cover this.

on top of this I swim 30 lengths every day, I also go to a Vibra gym, and have
2 double sessions per week that consist of 40 mins per session.

I do have a very underactive thyroid decease and so have a very slow matabolism.

I am very good at keeping to the diet, so what am I doing wrong,
I will plod on nether the less, just wondered if any of you lovely people can give
some advice as doing this from home at the moment.

Hope to hear some good views, thank you all so much. Boobyloo

Hi. Sounds like you are doing everything above and beyond the call of duty. I suspect your thyroid is to blame. Is your endocrinologist/GP aware you have joined SW. Are they helping you with your weightloss? Do you need to get your thyroid stable first? Must be hard for you. I have PCOS which works against me and also take sodium
Valproate which piles on the pounds. I started a week ago and haven't lost anything - its so frustrating isn't it!?!

You poor thing. . I agree that it must be your thyroid issue that's not helping. .When I was at a group we had a lady with the same problem - she got very disheartened despite some losses but I think she got her meds checked as she hadn't been for a while.

The only other consideration (& I'm not saying it will work over the thyroid issue) is to look at your serving sizes and listen to your tum when it says it's full rather than stuffed. . This was me at the start - I'd made it so I had to finish it - whether I wanted it or not :ashamed0005:

Back