Book or online? Who do you believe?

custardlipstick

Addicted to Cheese
I was always told that online was more up-to-date than the books so if it differs, follow online. I have come up with something that differs and the online value seems a little odd... So which would you follow?

I even rang up the hotline and they told me to go with online! Ill tell ya what it is when I get a few opinions ;)

I follow the book as dont have access online, but in your situation i guess i would follow online advice
x

Id always go for online. Food values can, and do, change. Online can be updated as soon as thats made known, books cant be. Online every time :)

Brill thank you! Got people disagreeing with me and when I have even paid to ring up and get told that its right online it annoys me :p

In books it states

1 level tbsp cocoa is 2.5 syns

yet online it states

1 level tbsp cocoa is 1 syn

Putting values in the calc you get the book value however I pointed out that oxo cubes come out as syns on calc. Lady on phone said that its definately correct online, and I am guessing that because you cant eat a lot of it on its own (like oxo) they have decided to lower the value. Make sence/agree? Thanks again x

Which book are you talking about - the syn directory or the food optimising book you get when you join?

That is from the jan 2011 food optimising book and cant find my directory!!

Ahh there you go - that book only gives average values - some will be higher and some will be lower

As online has it as 1 syn then the syn values on the products they use to work out the average must have changed since the book was published and your brand is just at the higher end of the range

Back