Book recommendation :D

I will succeed!!!
Hey all -

Those who are Facebook friends may have already seen me raving about the new SW book, but thought I'd share to the masses ;)

The new hardback book, which I think is 'Flavours of the World' is amazing!

On Saturday I made beef stifado for dinner and last night Spicy/Sticky chicken wings. OMG both were gorgeous, my fave being the wings.

I'm making the canelloni tonight, but have already notes the others I want to try this week. It's chocked full of amazing recipes - more I want to try than any other book.

£9.99 from group, £16.99 in shops. Worth the money! Just make sure (as with all SW recipes) you have a well stocked spice rack ;)

Thanks for the recommendation. I love cookery books but very rarely actually try a new recipe! And I don't like it if there's no photo with the recipe.

Thanks for the recommendation. I love cookery books but very rarely actually try a new recipe! And I don't like it if there's no photo with the recipe.

Not every recipe has a photo, but a fair few do. Neither of the ones I tried had pictures but they turned out well and were very tasty, so I can vouch for them ;) x

I think I will be getting hold of this one tomorrow evening at class! Thanks to seeing you rave about it on Facebook and here has swayed it Lol!

Ohh thanks Sticky. :) I don't go to class though so I shall have to source it from somewhere else!

Can I ask if it has many vegetarian/fish dishes in?

Thanks

Ohh thanks Sticky. :) I don't go to class though so I shall have to source it from somewhere else!

Can I ask if it has many vegetarian/fish dishes in?

Thanks

I can't say for sure, but there are a fair few.

Each recipe has the syn value for the three plans; EE, Green and Red. I find that even the meat dishes can be modified...i.e. replace chicken in a curry for chunky veggies etc.

I think the sauce for the chicken wings would be yummy with anything...maybe giant mushrooms on a BBQ etc.

I think it should be available outside of group but the sound of what she said last week :D

Sounds good! Are the recipes for each part of the plan ie Red, Green and EE recipes?
Wendy

I can't say for sure, but there are a fair few.

Each recipe has the syn value for the three plans; EE, Green and Red. I find that even the meat dishes can be modified...i.e. replace chicken in a curry for chunky veggies etc.

I think the sauce for the chicken wings would be yummy with anything...maybe giant mushrooms on a BBQ etc.

I think it should be available outside of group but the sound of what she said last week :D
Oops never mind lol didn't see the above post :D

I'm gonna email my consultant to see if she'll have one for me when I WI tonight!! THanks for the recommendation x

I tried to buy one last week but my consultant hadn't had his order in yet. Hoping to get one on Weds. The recipes sound fab :)

Hope you all get one - we sold out last week. She had 7 books in and gave the last one away as the raffle prize (it's always a book at our group) and she's hoping more come in this week as her second group is after ours and went without this week cause we were all so keen lol.

We're doing a special taster session on this book soon too so she's making everyone write a recipe down this week. I am going to make the key lime pie - looks sooo good! x

Hey thanks Sticky!! I made the kofta curry and also the falafels from the latest SW mag which were from the book so I've had my eye on it and I'm chuffed that you've been able to confirm how good it is!! Ooh I hope I can get hold of one!! I'm about to text my consultant Alicia right now and see if she can hold me one if she has one, or at least order some more in!! X

for some reason you cant buy the books from the slimming world website anymore you have to get them in class

for some reason you cant buy the books from the slimming world website anymore you have to get them in class

Really? That's odd - I've never seen them in shops, but she said 'it's only 9.99 in group but 16.99 in shops' and amazon sell it. Seems weird to sell them other places and not on their websites...but it might be to entice people to join group :)

Back