Bookie's food diary with photos

book_lover

Hi all,

I'm starting a new food diary with photos, as I've found the other photo threads so useful and thought it might help others, as well as motivating me to make an effort. As long as I enjoy my food and find it exciting, this doesn't have to feel like a diet...

Watch this space, as I'll post at the end of the day or the next morning :)

That is an excellent idea. I found keeping a photo diary enables me to refer back to it and get inspiration when I run out of ideas.

Look forward to seeing your pictures.

Yay for your new diary Book Lover!! Looking forward to lots yummy food pics :D

I love books and reading as well, don't get much time these days but I try to squeeze in a couple if books a month. Any favourites?

Popping in to subscribe :). Looking forward to see your food photos. I love doing a food diary, I find it helps me stay on track. Otherwise it is easy to let things slide

oh how lovely, you're all here already even though I've not posted anything yet :D

Honey, I have all kinds of favourites but my favourite author at the moment is Murakami. My first by him was "Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World" - just amazing. A lot of the books I read are a bit dream like, I'm a bit of a dreamy sort of person and like getting my head out of this reality and into other ones. For this reason I never pick up a gritty crime drama, for example. I like things to be a bit surreal. Another book I urge people to read is "Cloud Atlas" which is due to be released as a film later in the year (yaaaaas!). And another "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman.... Or how about Stone Junction by Jim Dodge? For classics, I love Herman Hesse - Sidhhartha, or The Glass Bead Game. I'm reading my way through the masses of Game of Thrones books right now - good enough but I'm starting to think I need a break. It's all a bit samey! Also need to break out of my sci-fi/surreal genre. Any suggestions?

Also, I went for a fun bike ride today. Got a bike a few weeks ago - the kids got new bikes too and hubby got a 2nd hand one until he gets his really good but broken one fixed up... it was just me and Lennie today (that's my saluki cross). We went along our track and up the track to the quarry (we live in nice countryside) and through into a barley field which has been harvested. Even with short stubby barley that was really hard going - we then turned round and went back, round the quarry (on the safe bits!) and bombed down the field to my house on the bike which was fun, a little scary... I think in the end it did end up as a good workout, even though it was only 20 minutes or so.

Lol! We're book opposites, I love gritty crime novels and trashy romance ones with way too much s3x! Lol! Right now my top three are;

The crimson petal and the white - Michael Faber
A million little pieces - James Frey
Bared to you - Sylvia Day

Your bike ride sounds wonderful! I can't ride a bike unfortunately. My parents are old fashioned and thought it was unladylike so only taught my brothers :( OH has promised to teach me at the same time as the kids in a few years time. How hilarious would that be?! Can't wait!

yes we are opposites! But having said that I'll tell you something quite funny - Michael Faber also wrote a book about a lady who gives lifts to male hitch hikers, and I won't say any more than that in case you want to read it, but let's just say that it's more along the lines of what I read! Hubby read "Crimson petal....." and enjoyed it, but was surprised when I said it was the same author. Have you read any Margaret Atwood?

Honeyoc said:
Lol! We're book opposites, I love gritty crime novels and trashy romance ones with way too much s3x! Lol! Right now my top three are;

The crimson petal and the white - Michael Faber
A million little pieces - James Frey
Bared to you - Sylvia Day

Your bike ride sounds wonderful! I can't ride a bike unfortunately. My parents are old fashioned and thought it was unladylike so only taught my brothers :( OH has promised to teach me at the same time as the kids in a few years time. How hilarious would that be?! Can't wait!

If you like trashy romance, have you ever read Jemima j by Jane green. That's one of my favs

Hi Mumma K :D

Monday 1st October:

Breakfast: green smoothie, coffee, small slice w/m toast with "fried" egg, spinach and cherry tomatoes

(an iphone pic I had of my little boy with his green smoothie, as I forgot to photograph the smoothie when I'd made it!):

oct 1 e.jpg

oct 1 a.JPG

Snack: muller lite, fruit

Dinner: I decided to create a new recipe as I was feeling uninspired with the idea of roast veg pasta. This is big pasta shells stuffed with a mix of roast butternut, blended cottage cheese and cooked/finely chopped spinach. Top with lots of home made tomato sauce and mozzarella :D

Here are my kids helping with stuffing the pasta:

oct 1 b.JPG

The pasta, stuffed before the tomato sauce goes on:

oct 1 c.JPG

The finished product:

oct 1 d.JPG

We all really enjoyed it - but you do need to like the sweetness of the squash.

Snack: muller lite, plum, tangerine

HXA: mozzarella

HXB: alpen light bar (along with the small slice of toast at breakfast).

Exercise: crazy 30 minute cycle up hilly bumpy tracks and through stubbly fields :D

Looks fab Bookie. Lovely to see the kids helping out and that pasta looked great might give it a go at some point :)

book_lover said:
thanks Peacelily!

Can anyone tell me how to get larger images on here? Have I resized them too small?

They're fine on my iPad and when I click on them they get bigger anyway so unless it's different on the computer think they're fine as they are

Your kids are gorgeous, your kitchen is GORGEOUS (I love warm country kitchens over ultra modern stainless steel ones) and your dinner looks amazing! Might have to steal that idea :D

oh thanks ladies :D and thanks Honey for the compliment about my kitchen - I do love it!

Honey, I noticed you are able to post nice large images - any tips on how to get mine a bit bigger? Peacelily good to know they look ok on iPad, they look tiny on my macbook...

Back