Bookie's food diary with photos

Reasonably good today - one small glass of wine (4 syns)

Breakfast - cream cheese pancakes (not the best effort this time) with bacon and sugar free maple syrup

Lunch - all made by my lovely daughter! Baked potato with beans and coleslaw with one tbsp EL mayo (half a syn):

10thlunch.jpg

Dinner - Laura again, this time challenged by a Greek colleague of mine to make Gemista (see link here: Gemista /

10thdinner.jpg

Brownies made by Laura and Sam - I'm guessing around 5 syns for the square I had. We could only get 85% choc so these were REALLY strong dark choc flavour - but the kids still love them!

We had such a foodie day today - because Laura wanted to do loads of cooking, so we already have the saltcod dish made for tomorrow night too. We also made bread. Phew! No cooking tomorrow (except for brunch) if I can help it :)

10thbrad.jpg

Syns - around 10

Last edited:
thanks Rosie

today we had a late brunch (tomato, fat free sausage, bacon, poached egg and half a slice of toast - HEB plus 1 syn for half fat butter)

And we'll be having portuguese cod fish for dinner - already made:

finishedcodfish.jpg

Also had a small piece of brownie: 5 syns and will be having a pint and bag of crisps at 18 syns later - my weekend treat!

HEA - milk
HEB - w/m bread
Syns - 24

chicken parmigiana has me drooling! :drool:
PS- bread looks amazing!

Last edited:
thanks Joanne - it was good :)

I've been absent for days and days, largely on plan though except for having my first Indian take out since the plan began - had chicken dhansak and boiled rice though, with half a poppodom and a tad raita - so not too bad.

I've too little time to try and catch up with photos so will try and do that from today onwards. Lots going on though - firstly and foremost, my beautiful old lady dog Taz is being put to sleep tomorrow :-( Breaking my heart, but she's struggling so much now and incontinent almost all the time, so it's def time. Not easy at all. Especially given it's my birthday on Saturday. I have good friends coming over for Mexican food (I'm cooking so I'm in control) tomorrow night with a movie and some margaritas. I won't feel like celebrating tbh. But at least Matt and I will have good friends with us :( This is my best friend, this beautiful dog and I will miss her so much :( it doesn't help that she always greets me at the door and wags her tail, even though she can hardly walk.

Also it's then my sort of birthday weekend, I just think I'll have a really quiet one, no major food indulgences although I guess the kids will want to go out or pamper me a bit, maybe. Monday I'm off to Edinburgh - exciting, I'm speaking in Scottish Parliament - to contribute to policy around digital strategy... then meeting my Mum for a birthday meal, night in hotel and then day in shops. I'm pushing for one meal in Wagamama but the rest will be hard to do especially as we'll have a drink. Any ideas?

So sorry about your dog :( -hugs- Hope the day goes as well as it can do under the circumstances xx

book_lover said:
thanks Joanne - it was good :)

I've been absent for days and days, largely on plan though except for having my first Indian take out since the plan began - had chicken dhansak and boiled rice though, with half a poppodom and a tad raita - so not too bad.

I've too little time to try and catch up with photos so will try and do that from today onwards. Lots going on though - firstly and foremost, my beautiful old lady dog Taz is being put to sleep tomorrow :-( Breaking my heart, but she's struggling so much now and incontinent almost all the time, so it's def time. Not easy at all. Especially given it's my birthday on Saturday. I have good friends coming over for Mexican food (I'm cooking so I'm in control) tomorrow night with a movie and some margaritas. I won't feel like celebrating tbh. But at least Matt and I will have good friends with us :( This is my best friend, this beautiful dog and I will miss her so much :( it doesn't help that she always greets me at the door and wags her tail, even though she can hardly walk.

Also it's then my sort of birthday weekend, I just think I'll have a really quiet one, no major food indulgences although I guess the kids will want to go out or pamper me a bit, maybe. Monday I'm off to Edinburgh - exciting, I'm speaking in Scottish Parliament - to contribute to policy around digital strategy... then meeting my Mum for a birthday meal, night in hotel and then day in shops. I'm pushing for one meal in Wagamama but the rest will be hard to do especially as we'll have a drink. Any ideas?

So sad to hear about Taz and my thoughts will be with you. I was with my lovely dog when she was put to sleep aged 16 and I have to say it was so sad but a very peaceful way for her to go and I was there at the beginning to choose her then I cuddled her at the end when she fell asleep. You will miss her terribly but I'm sure you will have some wonderful memories of her. Hugs x

thanks ladies, so kind of you. It was quite peaceful in the end, and I'm glad we did it now, rather than too late.

Still a bit busy/mentally preoccupied to post pics etc. though just now, but if I keep talking on here, hopefully I won't lose the motivation to get back to it. Hope you're all well.

book_lover said:
thanks ladies, so kind of you. It was quite peaceful in the end, and I'm glad we did it now, rather than too late.

Still a bit busy/mentally preoccupied to post pics etc. though just now, but if I keep talking on here, hopefully I won't lose the motivation to get back to it. Hope you're all well.

Hugs x

Hope you're feeling well enough to pop back on here soon :) big hugs x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

thanks Peacelily :)

Ok, let's try again with keeping up to date with this. Thinking I'll post as I go, so there's less to update. I had a very bad day in Edinburgh but then turned it around yesterday, being in Edinburgh for a day's shopping and eating in Jamie's Italian without spending a single syn, I think!

Wednesday 21st Nov:

Breakfast: chilli and cheese (HEA) veggie omelette, beetroot top smoothie with half an apple (syns)

IMG_243721st.jpg

I also had a green smoothie made with a ton of beetroot leaves and half an apple - it was a bit astringent but I was determined to get rid of nasty cold which is coming:

IMG_243921st.jpg

Lunch: a weird one - porridge (HEB) with banana and grated apple in at end, and sugar free maple syrup

porridge21st.jpg

Dinner: will be chilli and rice - photo to come

Syns: half blended apple = 2
one mouthful of my birthday cake = 1

Also thought I'd share this: I went into Anthropologie in Edinburgh (I love that shop/website SO much) and tried on this £97 dress, it's my perfect dress - just that little bit vintage, a gorgeous raspberry pink etc. I think I can see that half stone gone now :) Just a bit more than a stone to goal!

IMG_2429.jpg

LOVE that dress! Looks gorgeous on you. That's the style I usually go for too- very flattering :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Also thought I'd share this: I went into Anthropologie in Edinburgh (I love that shop/website SO much) and tried on this £97 dress, it's my perfect dress - just that little bit vintage, a gorgeous raspberry pink etc. I think I can see that half stone gone now :) Just a bit more than a stone to goal!

Lovely dress you look fab in it :)

Lovely dress and that omelette looks gorgeous!

I hope you had a lovely birthday and are enjoying Edinburgh. How was speaking in Parliament or are you still to do it? Good luck!

Back