Bookie's food diary with photos

Saturday 1st December

Think this was also not great day... Breakfast was a dry fried egg and a toasted w m roll (HEB) with 2 tsp Lurpak light (1syn) and 1 tbsp ketchup (1syn).

Lunch:

I fancied chowder with our leftover chicken and made some but not enough potato so thickened it with a wee bit smash - worked surprisingly well but the photo didn't come out well:

image-3839284102.jpg

Syn naughtiness was 2 bags crisps with diet coke in pub (16syns).

Dinner was moussaka made totally Syn free with a topping of 0% Total yogurt and egg with a HEA grating of parmesan, no aubergine in shop so used courgette. Was nice but lacking in oil compared to traditional moussaka!

image-1577018453.jpg

image-15128678.jpg

There's Laura helping me to make it :)

We also did a major baking session, loaves and loaves of bread incl w m and walnut bread (yummy and I'm going to use it as a HEb tweak and see if that's ok). Pastry for mince pies, dough for Scottish shortbread with choc, orange zest and caraway seeds (we tried one tiny biscuit each 4 syns) all in the freezer :)

22 Syn total jeez!

Sunday 2nd December:

Breakfast 2 small pieces walnut bread (HEB tweak) and 2 tsp butter (2 syns).

Lunch: big bowl pasta with cherry tomatoes and HEA Parmesan.

Dinner: half bowl calamari 4 syns, mussels 3 syns, chips 8 syns and sauce 1 Syn, half pudding 4 syns, beer 4 syns and wine 10 syns.

Total syns = 32 omg!

Monday 3rd December:

Breakfast: kipper with 3 tsp butter (3 syns). Scrambled eggs, tomato and mushroom. Fruit.

Lunch:

Best choice I could make from a buffet - pasta salad, yogurt/mayo dressed celery and cucumber, a few olives and tiny bit of feta dressed (2 syns oil or mayo):

image-3239106325.jpg

What I just did NOT eat or drink:

image-3538628426.jpg

Tonight will be hard - going to eat at nice restaurant...

Dinner:

3 course whammy oh dear. Starter of smoked salmon parcel with crab inside - some oil on dressed leaves (2syns). Main whole sea bass with red pepper sauce (tasted no oil), fondant potato (2 Syn), cavalo Nero (2 Syn for butter). Pudding poached pear (3 syns for wine and sugar for poaching), 3 mouthfuls ice cream (4 Syn) and 2 small glasses wine (8 syns). 1 chocolate (1 Syn).

image-1563844103.jpg

image-3442359907.jpg

image-2369916762.jpg

image-2345022432.jpg

Total syns 27 humph :-(

Last edited:
mmm....totally drolling here reading your last few posts! Get straight back on it and limit the damange, if any :) xx

Yummy food Bookie!! Love the look of the moussaka, never tried it before... I should!

Tuesday 4th November:

Breakfast - scrambled egg, bacon (fat removed), beans, tomato, mushroom, fruit.

Lunch - 2 slices normal size w/m bread (estimate 6 syn plus 1 HEB) with beetroot hummus and roast veggies (estimate 3 syn). Was very good and ignored crisps and all the cakes.

Snack - oh dear. Hunger got me. Pringles, small tub on plane home. (10 syns)

Dinner - ALL I could get in the airport turned out to be sausage mash and peas :-( syncing at 8

Total syns = 24

Last edited:
Thanks Honey :) have you seen my last could of days for syns? Oh dear!

I did, similar to my Saturday night except I didn't count. I don't wanna know!! LOL! A few extra syns here and there is fine, the most important thing, in my opinion, is to keep going. This eating plan is a lifetime/lifestyle commitment so we just got to keep going, extra syns or no extra syns. Well done for sticking to plan! :bighug:

Completely agree with Honeyoc on this! Well done for trying to keep track. It looks like you've had a lovely time x

I'm jumping on the bandwagon because I too feel you have done great! You've made lots of good choices believe it or not. The key is to get straight back in to it.

The Moussaka looks amazing! Are there lentils in it? There is a Harry-Christian (Spelling is very wrong I know) eatery in Dublin called Govindas and I went there a lot purely for the food. You get a small €5 plate of vegetarian food and it's a perfect winter warmer of a meal. I wouldn't go there on SW though because I know vegetarian doesn't mean low fat, as I thought then. Anyway, they had a vegetarian Moussaka with lentils and I just remember it being sooooo good. You are so adventurous with your booking hunny :D

Wednesday 5th December:

choc stuffed into mouth plus kids' sweets: 10 syns guess

Breakfast: biscuit Laura made me (couldn't not, adorable and she was so proud): 8 syns

l biscuit.jpg

Lunch: baked potato with beans and HEA cheese

Dinner: pork and veg Chinese hotpot with egg fried rice - 3 syns from sugar

5th dec.jpg

21 syns. It isn't getting any better. There is no way I could have lost by next Tuesday.

Last edited:
Popping by to say hi! :) x

hi ladies, sorry I've gone offline so to speak. I've been fine, just super busy and wanted to pop past and say hi so you don't all forget me! I very much intend to be back properly in the NY, as I put Minimims down to helping with my weight loss - well the support of you ladies on here anyway! Great news for me though - I have lost a stone now, so am half way. This puts me at a leaner size 14, and I've suddenly started dressing more nicely again, doing my hair and make up etc. I have had so many compliments! Sometimes it's more along the lines of "you've done something with your hair", or "something is different".... but generally I'm feeling on a lot of a high right now. I'll post a half way picture should I? hope you're all doing great too, best of luck sticking to it over Christmas!

Leanne

Well done for having lost a stone now. It is an excellent feeling is not it. I am doing the same as you, taking more care of myself and wear dresses/clothes I never dared to before. Keep up the good work and look forward to your photo.

Glad to hear you're doing well! xx

Back