books available to buy which ones?

GemmaB1984

hey everyone im new to ww and was wondering what books are best to buy from class, as finding it tricky at the moment, what meals to plan and when im going to be eating out etc as to what the points value is so was thinking is there any good books ?

I'm an online member and got the Shop and Eating out books just to browse and get ideas (not so easy to do on the tracker because you have to have an idea of what you are looking for in the first place). I would double check anything in them though if it seems too good to be true because I hear reports of inaccuracies.

Last edited:
erm there have been a few problems with esource and certain things in the books hun the best way forward would to get the eating out guide as this has all the places you may get things for take aways in and then just get the calculator and use the values off packets to work it out :) you'll find many things on here have been answered and asked etc, if you take a note of the random things on here you find you will be able to make up a list / book of things you eat or wanna try yourself thats what i did as the books i found had mistakes and also cost a bomb! :(

i ws going to get the calculator as sometimes u dont have access to esource until after u have eaten the product lol, as i dont have an iphone for the app, but someone said in another thread that i may get money off vouchers with my monthly pass through the post for my calc so may just wait. im not sure what to do

i ws going to get the calculator as sometimes u dont have access to esource until after u have eaten the product lol, as i dont have an iphone for the app, but someone said in another thread that i may get money off vouchers with my monthly pass through the post for my calc so may just wait. im not sure what to do

erm if you wanna wait hun here is a online cal you can use;

Weight Watchers Points Calculator

the old system is the left and new one for PP's is to the right :) if you can plan meals ahead like each day or week then you can work them out above and just write them down :) saves having to pay out the full price for now until money off vouchers come through

Don't forget if you know the calories then you can work out your PP roughly give or take one point either side by dividng the calories by 40

The eating out guide is good but i find the shop book rubbish! we shop at tesco and there are next to no tesco items in the shop book!

yes the 40 cal per point is a rule of thumb that is always very handy. Just bear in mind that it *COULD* be wrong, so when you get home, always double check using the calculator before assuming that it's that number of points. For example, a bacon roll at Costa is 11 propoints. However, if you divide the calories 415 by 40 you get 10.375, which normally you would round to 10. Hence, the difference is not massive, you can live with an error of 1 pp! But it's always better to double check :)

Back