Books worth a read

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by ROSB, 8 April 2007 Social URL.

1. ROSB

ROSB Full Member

Slimming World
    I ordered the following books from my local library and after several weeks wait they finally arrived - brand new!

They are a set of 3 (thin books) called Overcoming Bulimia & Binge Eating Self Help Course by Peter J Cooper.

Although Bulimia is covered slightly in the books they are mostly concerned with Out of Control Eating. (which is my problem).

Part 1 covers how to identify the problem & the effects of it.

Part 2 explains how to monitor your eating & how to introduce a sensible meal plan to eliminate binge eating.

Part 3 explains how not to use bingeing as the answer to our stresses & problems.

Each book contains worksheets to fill in (if required) and I think they make very interesting reading.

They are in essence what they try to drum into you at LL sessions but I and several others know it takes more than a few weeks of councilling to fully understand why we binge eat.

They do these books on Amazon at £19 for the three and the ISBN number for all three is 978-1-84529-508-0.

I am certainly going to buy them for myself to keep as I think they talk a lot of sense.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.