Boo's Weight Loss Bloggy Thingy

Am enjoying reading your blog boo - seems we have quite abit in common in the way in which we're trying to shift the weight - and are at a identical weight at the moment (until tomorrow, when I'm sure you'll have lost a few pounds more!). Thanks for posting those tips - very useful! And good luck for the weight in tomorrow! Let us know how you get on!
Squidge xx

I will have to keep a look out for those crackers Pug...being nearly half the cals of Ryvita, you can have twice as much..yeha! :D Thanks x x

Awww thanks Squidge :hug99: ... no we are still at the same weight...I got weighed today and I stayed the same :cry:but it was to be expected as I did have a bit of a piggy week. But I am back on the plan with a vengence and am aiming for at least 3lbs next week to make up for this week.
:wow: 85lbs lost so far Squidge...that's so impressive...how did you do it? You're on your last lap and with the determination you have showed so far...you're gonna get to goal and stay there. Well done x x

I normally would eat quite large portions and they would sit by me waiting until the end and have what I left over...but now...with all my food rationed to healthier quantities...they don't get a sniff lol.

Well gotta dash, I gotta make lunch.
Today its mackeral in tomato sauce and cold pasta salad...loadsa veggies and no dressing, and then this afternoon I will be giving the hallway a second coat of paint...oh joy. :sigh:.

Be good everybody...

Chat soon
Love Boo x

Last edited:
Hey boo! Thanks! I seem to have a couple of weeks of losing 2 or 3 pounds in each, and then a couple of weeks of either staying the same or being half a pound under or over. Have wondered whether water retention or menstrual cycle makes any difference at all to weight loss, whether it's pure coincidence, or whether I'm slightly odd!!
I've never eaten all that badly really, but was pretty inactive. So, just over a year ago I decided to eat less and watch what I do eat, and do some regular exercise. I'm surprised how obsessed I've become with wanting to know how many calories are in anything I consider eating! 10 miles a day on an exercise bike also has definitely contributed to the loss. I've never had real targets or goals in mind, but just to 'keep going' until I'm happier in myself. Am chuffed today as came back from a shopping trip with some size 14 trousers! That was a one-off (isn't it annoying that sizing varies so much in different shops?!) but it still motivates me to continue!

Good luck with the diet this week - stick with it and i'm sure the pounds will be coming off next time!

Squidge xx

Well done you Smudge...a size 14 trousers :gimi:...I am still a size 18 at the moment but they are definitely getting tres loose.

The weather isn't ideal here today...dull and ready to tiddle down...
but I am still going to get my waterproofs out and take a good three hour hike across a gorgeous trail called Beverley Westwood. I have my picnic packed...Ryvitas, chicken breast and salad and a whole load of fruit...not sure how much water I should take as there are no toilets there and I hate squatting in a bush...:eek:...and I better take a brolly too.

During the evening when I normally nibble, I tend to drink a lot of tea and coffee...but this is starting to effect my sleep patterns as I am finding it harder to nod off. So for the last few days I have been drinking green tea...less caffeine and reputed to have weight loss properties. However I have noticed my teeth are starting to stain a delicate shade of green :eek: ...so being a bit vain I think I will have to knock that on the head and start chewing gum at night instead.

Very late on Sunday night it's The Oscar's...I am looking forward to it as I love all the gorgeous gowns the Actresses wear and it's extra inspiration to lose weight. I think I shall watch it on GMTV on Monday morning though as I am not missing a nights sleep...not even for Versace and Yves Saint Laurent.

Have a fan-tabulous day delightful dieters

Love Boo x

BTW Squidge...what day do you have your weigh in? :)

Love Boo x x

Friday is my weigh in day! I've had a very relaxing (but not overly healthy...:eek:) day today eating and drinking in a local Whetherspoons with some friends. Who knows what will happen come Friday morning!!

:sign0007:

Ah well, life's too short not to enjoy yourself occasionally right?

Absolutely honey!!...life goes on whether we are dieting or not and we should be making sure we still enjoy ourselves.

Good luck for Friday :hug99:...let me know how you get on, a bit of friendly rivalry will do me the world of good.

Love Boo x

Today I have been poorly :cry:(sickness and the trots)...yes I know...think of the pounds lost:D ...but I don't have the energy to do much rambling in this diary, so I am buggering off to bed with a glass of water and my Sex and the City DVDs.
Shall be back tomorrow with a vengence...I hope.

:vibes: Good vibes for your weigh in Squidge x x

Have a good evening y'all

Boo x x

Thanks boo! Have a feeling it's going to be a 'staying the same' kind of week, but will let you know!

Aww poor you, hope you're feeling better soon! :hug99:

Squidge xx

Well it was 1lb lost this week, which was better than expected, and for me, is not a bad rate...

Hope you're feeling better today boo!

Squidge x

Thanks Squidge, I am feeling loads better. X x Well done on your 1lb loss...it's all going in the right direction. :happy096:

Thanks Sarah x x ...I have promised myself that this time I will get to goal, so I will be digging deep and carrying on regardless.

Well the last two days have been quite uneventful, I have felt too tired to really do any exercise but then I have also eaten very little due to the tummy bug so I am hoping for a loss next week.
My other half has bought a Wii...and it has come with a sports game where you actually stand in front of the Tv batting virtual balls and boxing virtual boxers. After half an hour my O/H was quite breathy and red cheeked and he really enjoyed it. So when I am feeling less fragile I shall be having a dabble. :D

Today is my first day back on a proper diet so I have had/am having:

B/fast - shredded wheat and semi-skimmed milk
Lunch - homemade mushroom soup and small baguette
Tea - Baked potato, chicken & veg
Snacks - Rice cakes with mashed bananas, 2 apples, satsuma and a cup of skimmed milk.

I am off to the library now, I am looking for a few books on true life crime to read tonight with my cup of hot skimmed milk...it's also a nice 30 minute stroll there so that will be my exercise for the day... I am aiming to get back on my step tomorrow...yeha!

Have a great weekend folks
Love Boo x x

Well I have just played virtual tennis for over an hour and my arm feels like it is about to drop off...that Wii thingy is great fun but you need plenty of room to swing yourself around. I got into a nice sweat so there goes a few more calories.
I am wondering now... with excessive use...could you over develop one arm muscle...or maybe end up with one firm breast and the other saggy... ( o )(o )...you only really use one arm when playing. I best not over do it eh?
I am going to see if they do a dancing type game like they do on the play station...that could get quite addictive for me and could be a fab way to exercise.

I am looking forward to a long hot bath tonight after a rather stressful 24 hours...how I didn't crack open the chocolate digestives I don't know.
Scenario...16 year old son (17 next month) going to party with friends in dodgy part of town on a Saturday night...should be in at 1am at latest...doesn't roll in until 5am. He has texted me to say he is delayed...but that doesn't stop me being laid awake & worried. So of course I have had about two hours sleep...waiting up for him to come in. As he shuttled off to bed at 6.30am, I had to be straight off to work for a meeting which I was chairing.
Meeting was poo...due to my concentration being shot to pieces with tiredness and I was in a general state of anxiety due to the early morning events.
When I get home...shattered at 2pm... my son is just rolling out of bed...asking where is his Sunday dinner.
Let us just say the air turned blue as I erupted into a barrage of abuse.:mad:

Later, I told the tale to my mother... she had much sympathy but pointed out I was just as inconsiderate as a teen...hmmm they say what goes around comes around...tis true.

After taking my frustrations out on Wii sports, I am feeling much better and I am looking forward to a bubble bath, an early night with a cup of Horlicks light and some trashy TV.

Have a relaxing Sunday evening folks.:)

C U Tomorrow Boo x x

Evening boo! Jeez, sounds like you had a pretty stressful and sleepless night! Teenagers huh?! I don't think I would have had the willpower to roll out of bed and go to work...I need at least 3 alarms to make sure I wake up after a full night's sleep, so with only 2 hours sleep I don't think anything would have got me out of bed! :D Hope you managed to relax more this evening and get some decent sleep tonight!

I know a few people with Wii's, but never had a chance to use one - but they sound like great fun! and good exercise!! Being a poor student I don't think I can afford to buy one though! :sigh: Nevermind! :)

Take care,
Squidge x

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics I'd recommend. More areas using both the wii-mote and the other thing that comes with it so both arms are being used...and it is great fun!

Day 4 - 29/09/2014

B/fast - handful of mixed nuts
Lunch - protein shake and piece of fruit
Dinner - Chicken, basil and tomato salad
Snk - Fresh fruit salad with small drizzle of cream

Plus several coffees, herbal teas and 2 litres of water.

Exercise - 1 hour doggy walking

I have had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning,,, after 3 days of healthy eating and moderate exercise I am already 4 pounds down... 44 pounds to go. :) I shall use this for motivation to keep going through today and hopefully I may hit the 7lb loss by weigh in on Saturday morning. I have a long day at work today, 12 hours and I have to try and get through to Orange to cancel my phone contract.... now that is stressful... I always end up being put on hold for 30 - 40 minutes at a time and I found a lot of their operators speak very broken English and the line is always crackly.... argggghhhhhh!!!!!

On the upside... my work trousers waistband feels a little looser. xx :D

I have finished my 12 hour shift, had a lovely bath and now I am very tired and having evening cravings... :(
I haven't had my chocolate protein shake yet... and I don't particularly fancy it. I think I will add hot water to it and have a hot chocolate, watch last night,s Downton Abbey on Sky Plus and then go to bed.

Roll on day 5 xx

Last edited:
Stepped on the scales today.... I have lost another 2 lbs.... sooooooo pleased. :D If I can shift one more pound before Saturday's weigh-in I will have lost half a stone and be in the 13's... four days to be uber good and shift that pound.

Today's plan...

b/fast - Greek yoghurt, mixed nuts, raisins
lunch - tuna salad with lettuce, spring onions and basil from garden, grated carrot, mayo
dinner - small baked potato, cauliflower cheese and peas
snk - protein shake, pear apple

exercise - 1 hour walk - wet weather today, wellies time.

Boo x

Back