Extra Easy boosting weight loss?

christine_1999_uk

Hey

I'm on my second week at sw and although I find I am 100% on plan and totally enjoying it I am finding that I am very bloated and just not hungry so i'm not eating all of my hea. Does anyone has any suggestions on how I can stop feeling so bloated?

Secondly is there anything you have found to boost your weight loss? I need to get 2.5lbs off next week to get my half ston award and I am VERY keen to do this as I feel it would be a big boost to me. I have been keeping a food diary and am willing to experiment with food (not keen on chickpeas, kidney peas etc)

Also does anyone have any interesting ideas on what to do with couscous? I bought a pack tonight and am thinking of trying it :D

Thanks

oops just seen post further down but i want to stay on ee and not switch to green or red as i feel it may confuse me ;)

Why the race and why set yourself up for target that may not be achievable? Any loss is a loss. this is really early days so i would say try not to rush or speed things up but take each day at a time. as for cous cous, roast lots of vegetables especially peppers, onion mushrooms, butternut squash and mix it all up together with some fresh chopped orange mixed in Yummy xx

ooh thanks for the ideas :D Its not that i'm rushing but i just feel so good at the moment and itching towards achieving my pat :D

I dont even feel like i'm on a diet and i know thats good :D

Try eating lots of super speed foods such as melon and berries. They will boost your weight loss and they are also good for you. :)

Well done for your weight loss so far :)

I don't have any speed-up tips for you, but do have a good cous-cous recipe that is super simple BUT you will need to work out how many (if any) syns it has as I'm pretty new to the plan and my books are still travelling across the Atlantic to me so I can't check properly myself :)

With that in mind...

Make up some stock (I use vegetable stock, but chicken would be equally good, if not better).

In a bowl, mix about 500g cous cous with half a teaspoon of cinnamon, a teaspoon of cumin and a teaspoon of turmeric, plus salt and black pepper.

Add the stock (about 750ml, but play about with this amount) to the cous-cous, cover and leave for about 15 minutes so the cous-cous cooks.

Meanwhile, chop up a nice bunch of fresh coriander.

When cous cous is cooked, mix the coriander through.

I also add a handful of sultanas and pine nuts but both these will add syns.

I love this cous cous--it's great with a meal, but equally great as a cold salad accompaniment.

Hope this helps you :)

I love cous cous. If its the unflavoured stuff you have I just put a bit in a cereal bowl (til it sort of covers the bottom), make some chicken stock with an oxo (just a small amount of liquid needed), pour over till the cous cous is all wet but with little pools on the top. Cover with a plate so the steam cooks it. Then I chop up small some tomatoes, radish and cucumber. Flake 1/2 tin of red salmon. By this time the cous cous is "done" so fluff it up, mix all the other stuff in, some black pepper and have it on a bed of salad leaves. I have this cold and take it to work for my lunch.

Have you tried the Activia FF yogs? Been having 2 a day for a month now and its really helped with bloating

have you tried the superfree soup, you can seach for it in search box thats good althought its got the beans in i dont really like eitehr it does thicken it, (whizz them up) or put potatoes in instead if your on extra easy xxx

Back