Bootcamp

Zest for Life

Gold Member
They've started doing it at my gym, outside classes, but I'm very unsure.
Anyone done this? What did you think?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's great....I've been doing 3 classes a week and it's the best thing I've ever done. I'm fitter and more toned doing this than any other class. Don't be put off by being outside, it's actually nice and refreshing. Just put loads of warm layers on. If I was u I'd get some bike gloves with padding otherwise your hands will kill and you'll get blisters when doing press ups burpees etc. I also got a band ear warmer thing from sports shop as wind etc on ears is not pleasant and I'm always too hot for a hat x

Hey, I've just paid for some sessions of boot camp at my local park. I would never have thought to take gloves...good advice.

I'm quite nervous about being behind everyone else especially as everyone can see you. Is yours quite mixed ability?

All abilities go and there's such a good atmosphere amongst everyone. The first month is tough and it's hard to walk down stairs or go to the toilet after your first session as there tends to be lots of lunges, square etc. However, once you get through it you'll be amazed at how much fitter you become in that month. I did 2 and a half years of outdoor Bootcamp, then had a 6 month break due to finances. Back to Bootcamp now and love it (once session us over lol) x

Just to add it's all about working at your own level and pushing to your limits. The instructors are good at managing everyone individually. Everyone's too tired and out of breath to compare themselves to anyone else x

Back