BopKatie: Round 2

BopKatie

Silver Member
Hi all!

A lot of you will already know me! But after falling off the wagon whilst coming to the end of my degree I figured a fresh start and a new diary would help me get back on track!

For anyone new... i'm Katie, i'm 21, I recently graduated from the University of Central Lancashire with a 2.1 in Forensic Science and Anthropology and i'm hoping to go to medical school in the next couple of years to train to be a doctor! I live in Blackpool with my lovely other half who is also a forensics student and will be working until I get a place/finish my degree.

Non slimming bit over with; I started my weight loss journey in May 2011 after I stepped on the scales at 20st12. For me I really didn't think that I was anywhere near that weight, and it was the shock I needed to try and sort myself out, so I decided to start following the slimming world plan at home. I managed to lose around 3 stone fairly quickly (within around 18 weeks) but after that it seemed to slow down and I finally reached the 4 stone mark earlier this year. However due to working very unsociable university hours, moving house lots and not having the oppportunity to plan food as well as I had been I fell off the wagon and put on nearly a stone, taking me back to 17st10. This is the point that i'm at now, and I really want to get back into it and hopefully be at my target weight of 11 stone by this time next year. I am joining a slimming world class now that I have a job and some wages to cover the cost and i'm really hoping that it gives me the motivation to get to target, as well as meeting new people along the way!

The main reason I want to lose this weight is for my career, I think that as I will be advising people on their health, it would be hypocritical to be as overweight as I am now whilst doing so. There is also the issue that working long hours and being on my feet would be a lot easier at 11 stone than nearly 18!!

So please feel free to comment and join me :) I'll be following the EE plan, and weighing in on a Thursday evening. I ADORE cooking and those who followed my old diary will know I love posting pictures and recipes of everything I cook.

Really looking forward to meeting lots of you lovely miniminners and getting to know a few more people and sharing support on our journies!!

Katie

xxx

Just going to pop on my food diary for yesterday;

Thursday 23/08 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x Weetabix (HexB) with Milk (HexA) Banana, Raspberries and Blueberries.

Lunch - Tomato and herb mugshot with a salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot, radish and beansprouts.

Dinner - Spicy mince couscous (couscous, EL mince, tomato puree, worcestershire sauce, chilli powder, carrot, peppers, onion, mushrooms and green beans)

Snacks - Apple and cinnamon taster muffin (1 syn), options hot chocolate (2 syns) with 12g low fat squirty cream (1 syn)

Total for day; 1 x HexA, 1 x HexB and 4 syns

Yay, so happy to see that you're back!! Have missed you and your posts. Sounds like you're firmly back on that wagon. It's good to hear you so enthusiastic and motivated - long may it last!! :) xxxx

Yay thanks hun! Don't really seem to get anyone coming into my diary anymore but going to up my posts and vary my forums a bit moer and hopefully it'll go up¬! Still its good for me to have somewhere to keep track of everything :)

xx

The reason people probably didn't visit would only because you weren't around! I for one used to love your diary, always full of great ideas and recipes. It was very motivating, and I'm glad you're back. I do find that Mini's is generally quite quiet at the minute though, but think that has a lot to do with it being the holiday season and the kids being off school, etc. Hopefully more people will be around again soon! :) xxx

Quickie with food for today;

Friday 24/08 - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Spaghetti on 2x small wholemeal toast (HexB) - No Superfree I know :whoopass:

Lunch - Jacket potato with 42g reduced fat cheese (HexA) with chopped ham and salad (cucumber, tomato, pepper, radish, beansprout, baby corn and sugarsnap peas) with a beetroot.
food.png
Dinner - Slimming world chicken curry with rice

Just adding in that lt night I had half a hi fi bAr (1.5 syns), a dash of milk in tea (0.5 syns) and 5 haribo (2.5syns)
1 x HexA, 1 x HexB Syns - 4.5/15

I am taking pictures of all my food but at the mo i'm having photobucket issues so unless anyone can help me in how to do it another way i'm stuck :(!
[EDIT: Just used the photo uploader which works okay but isn't ideal as I don't like photos thumbnail sized!]
Katie
xx

Last edited:
The reason people probably didn't visit would only because you weren't around! I for one used to love your diary, always full of great ideas and recipes. It was very motivating, and I'm glad you're back. I do find that Mini's is generally quite quiet at the minute though, but think that has a lot to do with it being the holiday season and the kids being off school, etc. Hopefully more people will be around again soon! :) xxx

Definitely ! Its a busy time of year with everyone off on holidays etc! I'm going to be around on here a bit more now though so i'm sure as I talk to more people it will get busier! xxxx

[EDIT: Just used the photo uploader which works okay but isn't ideal as I don't like photos thumbnail sized!]

It just saves space and keeps the page a bit more tidy-looking. If you click on the thumbnail it enlarges to full size :)

Hi katie
Im a student nurse, if i need ya help with my course and want to decide what to have for tea ill message ya x
Fingers crossed for us eh!!

Ur menus are helping me already Xxxx

BopKatie said:
Hi Hells :) Thanks for dropping in! Do you use a diary on here? If so I would like to subscribe so that I can keep track on how you are getting on! Good luck though! x

Hi I haven't done yet as I post on a sw diary thread on a parenting site I'm on, but now I've discovered the iPhone app for here I'm finding the site much easier to navigate so I may start a food diary here too!

hells2012sw said:
Hi I haven't done yet as I post on a sw diary thread on a parenting site I'm on, but now I've discovered the iPhone app for here I'm finding the site much easier to navigate so I may start a food diary here too!

Yeah I use the app for my iPad and find it super easy to navigate :) it definitely is beneficial as you help others out with inspiration :) xxx

Back