Bop's Road to Holiday!

So if anyone wants to quickly write 2000 words on the reliability of low copy number dna in forensic invesigations? That would be fab? ;)
I'll do what I can but I can't promise any miracles. We didn't go in to forensics much when I was studying clestial navigation and nautical science but I'm sure it's fairly similar! Lol. ;) X

Ahh i'm sure it would be fab Kev! I mean comon, how different can they REAAAALLLY be? ;)

x
I guess both are open to a multitude of mis-calculations and errors. If I were navigating by the stars but I picked the wrong star, I could potentially end up thinking I was somewhere wot I'm not. In the case of LCN DNA you could theoretically get a small sample off someone's jacket which was only on said jacket cos they'd brushed past a guy in a pub. That poor guy would then have to explain how his DNA came to be on the fella's jacket implicating him in something wot he shoudln't be. See, just the same. ;) X

I guess both are open to a multitude of mis-calculations and errors. If I were navigating by the stars but I picked the wrong star, I could potentially end up thinking I was somewhere wot I'm not. In the case of LCN DNA you could theoretically get a small sample off someone's jacket which was only on said jacket cos they'd brushed past a guy in a pub. That poor guy would then have to explain how his DNA came to be on the fella's jacket implicating him in something wot he shoudln't be. See, just the same. ;) X

Haha i'm impressed! That is too true :p. Now..... how to stretch that into 2000 words and we're all good!!! x

Haha i'm impressed! That is too true :p. Now..... how to stretch that into 2000 words and we're all good!!! x
Lots of very descriptive adjectives? Lol. X

I like it 'lcn pcr is a fantastic, innovative but sometimes inaccurate technique which takes really really tiny, teeny, miniscule amounts of amazing, life building DNA and amplifies it with more cycles than a typical boring, normal DNA amplification.

I like it ;) x
That's absolutely, positively, definitely one way to categorically increase by way of word amplification (and not DNA amplication as the article cleverly, and clearly reports upon), the amount of wonderfully succinct and concise words in your excellent piece of subjective and impartial study.

Or, you could just write deoxyribonucleic acid every time instead of DNA. That's bou8nd to increase the number of words a fair bit! Lol. ;) X

That's absolutely, positively, definitely one way to categorically increase by way of word amplification (and not DNA amplication as the article cleverly, and clearly reports upon), the amount of wonderfully succinct and concise words in your excellent piece of subjective and impartial study.

Or, you could just write deoxyribonucleic acid every time instead of DNA. That's bou8nd to increase the number of words a fair bit! Lol. ;) X

Haha this is keeping me so entertained! Sat here chuckling away to myself!! x

Haha this is keeping me so entertained! Sat here chuckling away to myself!! x
Well it's keeping me from doing any work which is a good thing cos I'm bored of it today and am just willing the clock to move to 5!! Philly carbonara for tea tonight and that's always a good thing!! X

Well it's keeping me from doing any work which is a good thing cos I'm bored of it today and am just willing the clock to move to 5!! Philly carbonara for tea tonight and that's always a good thing!! X

Exactly, its also keeping me distracted from writing this essay. getting in a bit of a tizz working out the differences in techniques and finding cases to support it! BAH.

Mmmm I LOVE carbonara. Could I be cheeky and possibly request the recipe? xx

Exactly, its also keeping me distracted from writing this essay. getting in a bit of a tizz working out the differences in techniques and finding cases to support it! BAH.

Mmmm I LOVE carbonara. Could I be cheeky and possibly request the recipe? xx
The recipe is on the Philadelphia website along with loads of other tasty ones. I would put the link but for some reason my work computer thinks the philly website is high risk?!?! It'll be under Spaghetti Carbonara. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll find it for you when I get home tonight. X

Wow!! Well done hun, knew you could do it!! :D xxxx

Food for today;

Breakfast - POrridge (HEXB) with raspberries, cherries, blackberries and blackcurrants.

Snack - 1/2 grapefruit

Lunch - Cod with morroccan spiced couscous.

Dinner - Spag bol with broccoli and cauliflower. (HEXA for cheese)

Syns - 0
1 x HEXA
1 x HEXB

Not sure what i'll have my syns on, perhaps some extra cheese, or a ryvita mid afternoon maybe :)

xx

So this morning..... after putting on 9... yes 9lbs in the last 3 weeks *hides face* I can report a few 100% days means I have lost 7 of them :D Hurrah! So I am feeling much better and good about being 100%. *grins*

Katie xxx
WOW!!!! That's some loss in a few days. I hope my official WI tomorrow has the same results. I put on 7 in 3 weeks so if I lose it all in a week I'll be uber-chuffed!! Well done!!! X

WOW!!!! That's some loss in a few days. I hope my official WI tomorrow has the same results. I put on 7 in 3 weeks so if I lose it all in a week I'll be uber-chuffed!! Well done!!! X

Thanks Kev :) Not entirely sure how it happened but i'm definitely not complaining!

Congrats on the resignation! I shall be over to comment properly in a while :) xx

:woohoo: amazing, amazing, amazing loss hun, sooooo chuffed for you

It's great to see you back and posting :D

Back