Bored of same old slimming world recipes!!

depworth

I need a little bit of inspiration!!

I have been doing Slimming World since Jan 11 and have lost 2 stone so far, but i am slightly fed up of eating the same things,,, can someone give me a little bit of inspiration!

Have you looked at the recipe forums???? I think you could be on SW for about a year and not run out of things to have

Hiya,

Here's some of the recipes that I make. Hope this gives you inspiration.

· [FONT=&quot]ham (B) & mushroom omelette & 200g oven chips (4) & 2 tbs mayo (1)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]diet coke chicken (chicken, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, diet coke) with pasta[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]smash pizza (ham (2), mushrooms, cheese (A))with salad[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]spaghetti bolognaise with quorn mince & 14g cheese (half A)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]spinach & ricotta (B) pasta[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]bacon rosti (2 rashers = 4), homemade coleslaw (0.5) [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot](B) bacon (2 rashers = 4) & cheese (A) wraps with bbq sauce (1tbs = 1) & 250g McCain’s Rustic Oven Chips (2.5) peas & h/m coleslaw with 1tbs ELF mayo (0.5)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Fake-away kebabs: extra lean beef mince, wholemeal pitta (B), salad, 100g oven chips (5) h/m coleslaw (1)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]2 fried eggs (1) & SW wedges & beans[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]tuna pasta bake: tuna (B), beans, sweetcorn, ½ pack ready salted crisps (3.5), cheese (A)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]chicken fried rice: chicken (B), mushroom, onions, peas, rice, soy sauce[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]ham (4) & pea tagliatelle & cheese (A)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]spinach & ricotta (B) cannelloni topped with passata sauce & 14g cheese (3) with fresh pasta (40g=1.5)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]quorn chicken pasta & cheese (A)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]fajitas, chicken, 3 wraps (13.5), 3 tbs salsa (1.5), spice (~1), cheese (A), no fat fromage frais, mushrooms, peppers, onions[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]quorn lasagne: white sauce (1/8 jar = 4.75) cheese (B) & fresh pasta (1.5) & 125g oven chips (1.25) h/m coleslaw (1)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]bbq (0.5) chicken & cheese (A) pitta (B) with 250g chips (2.5) & h/m coleslaw (1)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]filo (1.5 sheets = 4.5), spinach & feta (B) tartlets with potatoes, peas & spring onions[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]chicken (B) with a pasta n sauce[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Sweet & Sour Pork with noodles (7.5) [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]cheesy (A) bean pasta[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]prawn & veg spring rolls (1.5 filo = 4.5) [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Oriental chicken & veg noodles (sauce ~ 4 syns)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]cheesy (A) creamy mushroom pasta[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]bacon (2 slices = 4), egg & bubble & squeak[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]melon, ham & prawn cornets 2 tsp lf mayo (1) rice with spring onions, carrots, mushroom[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]salmon salad; egg, cheese (A), lettuce, cucumber, h/m, coleslaw (1), bread & margarine[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]prawn & asparagus risotto: rice, prawns, asparagus, spring onion, 125ml white wine (4)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]smoked haddock with mushrooms & leeks 56g lf philly (4), and butternut squash mash[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]cod in parsley sauce (1.5) with spring onion mash, carrots & peas[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]salmon fishcakes with 200g rustic oven chips (2) and a large salad[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]rainbow trout fillet stuffed with spinach & ricotta (6) served with cabbage and carrot and swede mash[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]spinach & feta (B) & pepper pie with filo pastry (4.5)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Wow Hel !!!! There are 33 meal ideas in your list - two more and you would have a different meal every day for 5 weeks - I defy anyone to find that boring?

Last edited:
Hiya,

Here's some of the recipes that I make. Hope this gives you inspiration.

· [FONT=&quot]ham (B) & mushroom omelette & 200g oven chips (4) & 2 tbs mayo (1)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]diet coke chicken (chicken, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, diet coke) with pasta[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]smash pizza (ham (2), mushrooms, cheese (A))with salad[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]spaghetti bolognaise with quorn mince & 14g cheese (half A)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]spinach & ricotta (B) pasta[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]bacon rosti (2 rashers = 4), homemade coleslaw (0.5) [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot](B) bacon (2 rashers = 4) & cheese (A) wraps with bbq sauce (1tbs = 1) & 250g McCain’s Rustic Oven Chips (2.5) peas & h/m coleslaw with 1tbs ELF mayo (0.5)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Fake-away kebabs: extra lean beef mince, wholemeal pitta (B), salad, 100g oven chips (5) h/m coleslaw (1)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]2 fried eggs (1) & SW wedges & beans[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]tuna pasta bake: tuna (B), beans, sweetcorn, ½ pack ready salted crisps (3.5), cheese (A)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]chicken fried rice: chicken (B), mushroom, onions, peas, rice, soy sauce[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]ham (4) & pea tagliatelle & cheese (A)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]spinach & ricotta (B) cannelloni topped with passata sauce & 14g cheese (3) with fresh pasta (40g=1.5)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]quorn chicken pasta & cheese (A)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]fajitas, chicken, 3 wraps (13.5), 3 tbs salsa (1.5), spice (~1), cheese (A), no fat fromage frais, mushrooms, peppers, onions[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]quorn lasagne: white sauce (1/8 jar = 4.75) cheese (B) & fresh pasta (1.5) & 125g oven chips (1.25) h/m coleslaw (1)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]bbq (0.5) chicken & cheese (A) pitta (B) with 250g chips (2.5) & h/m coleslaw (1)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]filo (1.5 sheets = 4.5), spinach & feta (B) tartlets with potatoes, peas & spring onions[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]chicken (B) with a pasta n sauce[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Sweet & Sour Pork with noodles (7.5) [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]cheesy (A) bean pasta[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]prawn & veg spring rolls (1.5 filo = 4.5) [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Oriental chicken & veg noodles (sauce ~ 4 syns)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]cheesy (A) creamy mushroom pasta[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]bacon (2 slices = 4), egg & bubble & squeak[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]melon, ham & prawn cornets 2 tsp lf mayo (1) rice with spring onions, carrots, mushroom[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]salmon salad; egg, cheese (A), lettuce, cucumber, h/m, coleslaw (1), bread & margarine[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]prawn & asparagus risotto: rice, prawns, asparagus, spring onion, 125ml white wine (4)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]smoked haddock with mushrooms & leeks 56g lf philly (4), and butternut squash mash[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]cod in parsley sauce (1.5) with spring onion mash, carrots & peas[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]salmon fishcakes with 200g rustic oven chips (2) and a large salad[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]rainbow trout fillet stuffed with spinach & ricotta (6) served with cabbage and carrot and swede mash[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]spinach & feta (B) & pepper pie with filo pastry (4.5)[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Pleeeeeeeeeease come cook for me!!!!

I have been doing Slimming World for 2 years now and never ever get bored of my meals. I always try to make some new recipes if I can. Mostly I get my meal inspiration from here, or the Slimming World facebook group & also other slimming buddies I have made.

Check out the recipe section of this forum there are tons of ideas to enjoy. xxx

There's absolutely no reason why you should be bored! In addition to all the lovely SW recipes on here and the other sites already mentioned many 'normal' recipes can very easily be made SW friendly. Dig out those recipe books, SW or ordinary, visit your library to see what cookery books they have, go to a cookery evening class and don't forget that the internet is an endless source of new recipe ideas. My go-to site is www.bbcgoodfood.com but there are loads of others. I'm 11 years down the line from you and I'm still not bored ... so if you are bored after 3 months then it's only because you are choosing not to explore the full range of possibilities at your disposal ;):)

I have quite a few Slimming World books and I copy recipes from the recipe section on this website.

For the copied recipes I put them into word under different folders Chicken, Beef, Slow cooker, Dessets, Soups, Eggs etc etc (some recipes are in a few categories) so whenever I fancy something different, or I have something I want to use up I go to those pages, I can always find something different.

Heehee. I have a friend in work who always asks me what i'm having for tea as I make it sound lovely. She says I'm like a SW M&S advert. I just went through the SW magazines for a lot of the recipes or did a search on the internet for recipes which include the things I'd like to use up. I'm not an amazing cook (ie I can't make up recipes) but I'm alright at following a recipe as long as there aren't too many steps. I copy recipes onto index cards and keep them in a box in the kitchen so I don't have to keep looking through magazines. I try to make at least one new recipe a week but still have another list even longer than this one of meals I'd like to try. I can't see me getting bored for a long time!

My top tips are to experiment when you have time, make up double portions to either freeze or have as leftovers if the recipe allows, or have a list of really quick & easy meals for the nights when you're too tired to cook (over half of my meals take less than 20 mins to make).

If you see SW as a diet that's restrictive and repetitive, that's how it will feel. If you see it as a healthy eating way of life that allows you to experiment it will be much more enjoyable. I think that's why I'm sticking to it this time. Other times when I've lost weight (with other diets) I've got bored and not managed to sustain it. With SW it feels like I could stick to it for life and never get bored.

Back