bored

liquoricet

Silver Member
Help, I'm getting bored of "dieting" but I'm aware I need to not go back to the bad old days. I'm thinking of calling target at 13.5
St or the end November and sitting there until I feel like trying again. Has anyone else done this? It'll be after a year.

depends on how much more you 'really' want to lose?
and then you have to 'stay' in your target range?
but then again , it could help to see if you can maintain, rather than gain

don't know, have never felt the need to call 'target' earlier?
I always want to get to where i know i will feel happiest...even if i 'give up' in between trying to get there.

I think if you do want to take a break and maintain it just might be the right thing for you to do...you are free to change your mind at anytime...sometimes just giving yourself permission can make all the difference.

Why are you bored? Unfortunately, you will need to do some form of 'dieting' forever if you want to keep off the weight you have lost!

You could still follow the main principles of SW most of the time, but maybe mix it up a bit and allow yourself extra syns for doing exercise or something, have a treat now and again and not feel bad about it. If there has been something you have missed allow yourself to have it as a treat. If you're bored of trying to get 1/3 superfree on your plate then don't try, just have a slightly smaller portion of free foods.

Its hard to say really because I'm not sure exactly what you're bored of. But its up to you what you do about your target and if it feels right then call it. I'm not thinking of SW as a diet, and I don't follow it 100% every day, even with that I'm losing weight and not feeling deprived. You'll get the balance right I'm sure. Good luck!

Nothing wrong with being bored.

Lots of things we have to do are boring. So what?

Ironing, cleaning the bathroom, waiting for the bus, sitting in traffic jams - tedious beyond belief. And mostly unavoidable.

We just have to get on with the boring bits, and think about more interesting things. For instance, instead of saying "I'm bored, chocolate would be nice", say "I'm bored, a new book, television programme, place to visit, brisk walk, someone to talk to, would be nice".

You could still follow the main principles of SW most of the time, but maybe mix it up a bit and allow yourself extra syns for doing exercise or something, have a treat now and again and not feel bad about it. If there has been something you have missed allow yourself to have it as a treat. If you're bored of trying to get 1/3 superfree on your plate then don't try, just have a slightly smaller portion of free foods.

Its hard to say really because I'm not sure exactly what you're bored of. But its up to you what you do about your target and if it feels right then call it. I'm not thinking of SW as a diet, and I don't follow it 100% every day, even with that I'm losing weight and not feeling deprived. You'll get the balance right I'm sure. Good luck!

Think this pretty much sums all the options up.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

I spent years 'dieting' losing weight, gaining it plus a little extra. It wasn't until I actually realised its not a diet it's a life change that I actually started to get somewhere....this time round I'm loving it, there's no way I'm going back to the way I was.

Stick with it, start experimenting with your food options and I find the SW cook books really help keep me interested in cooking

I'm not bored of the food, just of thinking about what I'm eating all the time. I know I'll have to keep doing most of what I'm doing now forever, I just want to relax a little about it all and eat avocados, tacos and bread without feeling I shouldn't. (Just occasionally, for all of them).

I'm a bit fed up of having to cook every meal too or monitor what dh puts in when he cooks.

Mostly I want to relax a bit around food/weight and practice maintaining my size as I've never really been this small as an adult.

PS: totally agree about the lifestyle thing and I feel so much better for it. I think I'm slightly mourning my old way of eating/drinking.

Back