Born again weight loss newbie checking in

Building muscle is always a good thing, I'm thinking of getting myself a wee set of weights for the house so I can do a wee workout while my partner is either inventing stuff or playing his computer games. I'm sure I read something that the more muscle you have the more efficient you are at burning calories but that might be nonsense as I can't remember where I read it.

Its true your metabolic rate is higher with more muscle, the main advantage with weight training though is when on a calorie deficit (dieting) if your doing strength training you will lose more fat and less muscle.

If on a calorie deficit and NOT doing strength training then the weight loss will be a mix of fat and muscle.

God im boring, sorry :)

Its true your metabolic rate is higher with more muscle, the main advantage with weight training though is when on a calorie deficit (dieting) if your doing strength training you will lose more fat and less muscle.

If on a calorie deficit and NOT doing strength training then the weight loss will be a mix of fat and muscle.

God im boring, sorry :)

That's really handy to know, you've pretty much made my weight purchasing decision for me. Cheers! :D

That's really handy to know, you've pretty much made my weight purchasing decision for me. Cheers! :D
My OH always gets a glazed look when i discuss this stuff :)

Depending on space id get dumbells and if possible a bench, but id avoid the fixed weight dumbells and instead get a set with collars where you can add weight as you get stronger something like this http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6202431

Anyway ill shut up but if you do get a set and want any help with a workout routine just ask!

My OH always gets a glazed look when i discuss this stuff :)

Depending on space id get dumbells and if possible a bench, but id avoid the fixed weight dumbells and instead get a set with collars where you can add weight as you get stronger something like this http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6202431

Anyway ill shut up but if you do get a set and want any help with a workout routine just ask!
That's really useful actually as my partner could add weight to them and use them too. I'm probably needing some exercises to stretch my neck and shoulders if you happen to know of anything suitable (sorry am totally hijacking your thread).

Back