Bought me a journal.....think it will help!

Sez

has started again!!
Well, I popped into town and bought myself a lovely, bright coloured spotty notebook, with a colourful pen too!! My original intent was to keep a journal for my hols, to keep me focused, however I thought I would jot a few thoughts down when I got back.

An hour later, with an ache in my hand, I put the pen down!! (More used to typing these days!!) What a cathartic experience this is! So much seemed to pour out on the paper. I could not help myself. As I wrote, I thought of something else I wanted to say, and that lead to another thought and so on. It was utterly amazing! I find this odd, as I probably wont let anyone else read it (a tad too personal) and it probably is fairly repetitive, not to say introverted, but I sincerely believe it has helped, even at this early stage.

I did try to keep a blog in my earlier LL days, but I soon found that this was not something I actually enjoyed doing. Sat in front of the PC monitor, chatting to my "virtual" friends (as Steve likes to call Minis) is great, but writing about myself, pouring part of me into a blog that anyone could read, didnt work for me. Not sure why, or even how, I make the distinction between blog readers and Minis members, but somewhere in my psyche there definitely is a difference.

I really hope this journal idea will work for me. I am fired with enthusiasm for it right now. I have my WI in about half an hour, and it will be "face the music" time. (see my post on tum bug etc!) Knowing I have this to write in, once I get home again, will be a big help I think. I will be able to jot down any new ideas or helpful hints (yes, I know I have the scrapbook, but I again oddly, dont like it that much...:confused:).

I am sincerely grateful to the lady in my group who suggested dairy/journal keeping as a possible tool to help us on our way. I really think it might just be my saviour!!

Watch this space!!

Hi Sez,

I love scribbling down things myself as I find them good to look back :)

Good luck with WI!

Love Mini xxx

I'm going to start a paper journal tomorrow as I feel close enough to my old food behaviour to do some real exploring - I also want to produce some ideas for illustrations and photos for the book as I go along and I think doing some bits of my work in longhand might show a bit more of my personality.

I'm going to start a paper journal tomorrow as I feel close enough to my old food behaviour to do some real exploring - I also want to produce some ideas for illustrations and photos for the book as I go along and I think doing some bits of my work in longhand might show a bit more of my personality.

I am really looking forward to your book! After reading many of your posts, your enthusiasm and honesty for the diet and life in general are so apparent, and quite honestly, infectious! It is sure to be a great read! I will, of course, want a signed first edition!!!

Did another journal entry late last night; as before it went on a bit longer than intended but was very helpful for me. I reached my 100lb loss last night, and was oddly not as thrilled as I feel I ought to have been. I am well aware now that losing weight is no the "be all & end all" in my foodie issues, and that the loss, although huge, is only part of my transition from an emotional overeater to a person who has a healthy attitude to food. All my thoughts are now in my journal, which for the time being is for my eyes only!! (LOL!) Too scary for others to read & digest!

Must be off, house to clean and packing to do!!

byeeeeeeeee......

Back