bought my dress ....

VirgoGirl

I had left the dress-buying until very late in the day because of LL.

There didn't seem any point in looking when I was at my heaviest as what suited my shape then wouldn't necessarily be right when I'm slimmer.

Then I saw a dress I liked the look of in a magazine. Tracked down a shop which stocked it (not that easy) and four weeks ago, took mum with me and tried it on.

The shop sample was a 14. The lady squeezed me into it, but breathing wasn't easy and I doubt I could sit down. She said if I wanted the dress, they'd have to order a 16 and take it in. I thought I might be able to get into the 14, knowing how quickly LL is working.

The next day, she phoned to tell me the manufacturer had said it was too late to get a 16 made in time for my wedding. After a bit of cajoling, she agreed to sell me the 14 sample, but was worried that it added pressure to me to diet.

I huffed and puffed for a bit, and last week went back to try it on again. My OH has been measuring me every 4 weeks and I knew since the last visit I'd lost 3cm from my hips and 2cm from my bust (the dress already fitted perfectly at the waist).

She got me into it, no trouble at all (still a little bit of a squeeze, but much easier than the previous time) and was absolutely amazed at how much I'd shrunk in that time.

So, now the dress is hanging up in my spare room :)
I'm taking it to be altered a couple of weeks before the wedding, once I've stopped losing weight.

It's such a weight of my mind, I can't tell you. Can now sleep at night. Had been worried I wouldn't find anything at all.

9 weeks to go .....

Let's just hope you don't end up a size 10 by then!!!! lol

Congrats on finding your dress, it must all feel so real now!! You'll look beautiful walking down the aisle.... hope we get to see the pics!!!

Those 9 weeks will fly by and you'll shift another stone or 2 by then!!!

What a gorgeous bride you'll be!!!! xx

great stuff
well done all your hard work is definetly worth the end result
kaz xx

Back